Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2009, 11:45   #31

Hi,

Last week after voting I went to Chennai from Bangalore. I took the krishnagiri highway route and the drive was very smooth. On Saturday when i was returning back from Chennai via the same route observed thick fumes coming out of my A/c vents. I was doing the speeds of 100 to 110 KMPH and the petrol used is shell super. I stopped the car and waited for 15 to 20 min and started the journey back. I maintained the speed of 80 to 90 KMPH until I reached Krishnagiri.

After reaching krishnagiri I switched on the A/c and increased the speed to 110 but this time didn't find any fumes coming out of the car. This Saturday I will take the car to service center to check it up but can someone let me know what point I should ask to check in the car.

Thanks and Regards,
Abdul Razak
Old 4th May 2009, 10:38   #32

Hi,

Can someone please reply on my below query. Apart from the below one i had a minor accident and my front left side headlamp area got pushed inside.

I took it to Bimal Service station and asked the guy what best we can do, he said we need to replace the whole headlamp area(4000 rs) but the head lamp is working fine, only the headlamp holders got broke. He said to get it done from outside. Can someone advise me a good place in Bangalore to set my headlamp area without costing much?

Advance Thanks
Abdul
Old 4th May 2009, 11:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

i am not able to understand what exactly has happened to it can you post some pics of the same.
Old 24th May 2009, 14:45   #34
BHPian

Burning smell in car cabin

HI everyone,

Whenever i start my car after a gap of 2-3 days i get some foul smell(as if something is burning) inside the car cabin. However this smell doesnt last long.it will disappear after when i have driven the car for 15-20 meters.It will not reappear if i start the car again same day any time.

Can anyone one tell me what may be the reason for this foul smell(burning smell)?
Old 24th May 2009, 15:20   #35
Senior - BHPian

Oh,do you smoke inside your car,If yes then the last days odur must be inside.I dont see anything curious .Anyways get your electricals checked.Example -cig lighter,ICE Etc.
ram
Old 29th May 2009, 21:39   #36
HKS
BHPian

Smell for in the first two cases is similar. Smell in the last case is different:

First: Thread starter's case, there is a oil leakage. Its an arcid burning smell. the crankshaft seal is spraying the oil all over and the exhaust manifold becomes red hot. Thats why the thread starter is getting the smell from the exhaust.

In Swiftrazak's case, its again oil leakage.It should be a leaky valve cover. And all this oil drizzles on the exhaust and gets vaporized immediately and thats the smoke.

In Rammishra's case, its leaky injectors. After driving the car after 2-3 days, he gets the smell. The petrol in this heat leaks out from his injector/injection line or a fuel tank vent hose. and this problem disappears after sometime. so it has to be petrol leaking. Doesn't it smell like the one at a petrol pump?

If it doesn't, then do revert.
Old 30th May 2009, 02:07   #37
BHPian

well i didnt know that the burning smell problem with swift so common..its really scary.i used to have this smell when i revved my car really hard but now after 7k kms of driving it has kinda reduced.
was that problem some serious stuff? was it an indicator of damage to engine?
Old 30th May 2009, 07:32   #38
HKS
BHPian

No Mustang it isn't.

Mustang is my username on all other forums and I want it here also. :'(
Old 31st May 2009, 17:49   #39
BHPian

Hi HKS,

The problem in my car doesnt look like injector/injector line leaking, because it doesnt smell like petrol? and it is not electrical burning smell too.

and as far as Ram Hyundai's answer to my query..Ram i can make out between cigerrete smell and some other smell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
Smell for in the first two cases is similar. Smell in the last case is different:

First: Thread starter's case, there is a oil leakage. Its an arcid burning smell. the crankshaft seal is spraying the oil all over and the exhaust manifold becomes red hot. Thats why the thread starter is getting the smell from the exhaust.

In Swiftrazak's case, its again oil leakage.It should be a leaky valve cover. And all this oil drizzles on the exhaust and gets vaporized immediately and thats the smoke.

In Rammishra's case, its leaky injectors. After driving the car after 2-3 days, he gets the smell. The petrol in this heat leaks out from his injector/injection line or a fuel tank vent hose. and this problem disappears after sometime. so it has to be petrol leaking. Doesn't it smell like the one at a petrol pump?

If it doesn't, then do revert.
Old 31st May 2009, 19:54   #40
HKS
BHPian

So whats the smell like, and does it smell whenever you have parked your car in sun or a very hot place?
Old 1st June 2009, 00:02   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKS View Post
No Mustang it isn't.

Mustang is my username on all other forums and I want it here also. :'(
no for what bro?
is it a serious problem or not?
and sorry for the username bro.i always had the fancy for mustng so chose it as my username.

Last edited by mustang89 : 1st June 2009 at 00:04.
Old 1st June 2009, 07:48   #42
HKS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
no for what bro?
is it a serious problem or not?
and sorry for the username bro.i always had the fancy for mustng so chose it as my username.

I was talking about the smell in most of the Swifts. As you had questioned about it.
Old 1st June 2009, 12:11   #43

Hi HKS,

Thanks for the reply, I am not sure whether it is because of oil leakage or not but after that i didn't find any problem as of now. Just today touched the mark of 15000KM and will give it for normal service and let you know what exactly the problem is.

Thanks
Razak

Most Viewed