Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2016, 13:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to Improve the Ride Quality -

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What are the tyre pressures you maintain and how frequent do you keep a check on them?
Sorry for not mentioning the same. The tyre pressure is maintained at 30-32psi and filled once in every 2 weeks. I have also lowered the tyre pressure to 27-28 psi, the ride was a notch better. But, there was a loss of pickup.
Old 21st July 2016, 19:42   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
The tyre pressure is maintained at 30-32psi and filled once in every 2 weeks. I have also lowered the tyre pressure to 27-28 psi, the ride was a notch better. But, there was a loss of pickup.
Either the rubber (Read tyres) has become hard though it is a faint chance since the tyres are just run 37K kms so this may not be the main contributor.

I am placing my main bet on your suspension. May be it is time to change it
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 07:06   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Either the rubber (Read tyres) has become hard though it is a faint chance since the tyres are just run 37K kms so this may not be the main contributor.

I am placing my main bet on your suspension. May be it is time to change it
The tyres were replaced about one and a half years ago. They would not have hardened so soon. I still should have opted for Michelin or Apollo instead of Bridgestone.

During the last service the mechanic inspected the shock absorbers. He suggested only the bush kit replacement as shock absorbers seemed fine.
According to him, all feather weight cars have poor ride quality when they are not loaded with passengers. This seemed true to some extent, as the ride is significantly better when there are more than 2 passengers.

While the other cars glide on the ORR, my alto feels like sailing on rough seas. May be you can correlate now.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 30th December 2018, 18:17   #34
BHPian

I have a six year old Brio which has clocked 70k in this period.
All along car is driven through broken roads, pothole laden stretches and unpaved/uneven road (exactly those places where Brio is not supposed to be driven) , it behaves best in smooth roads. Brio has one of the poorest shocks if ride quality is one's priority. Off late (especially after buying new Ford Figo) ride quality has deteriorated even further and am expecting third round of shock assembly replacement is due.
While this time , I am not keen to use stock setup , is there something I could pick from aftermarket which can help situation ? I am willing to forgo few driving dynamics related aspects to improve quality for ride.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks