Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2018, 11:06   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: How to deal with bad potholes?

For a weak back, driving posture is very important. Make sure that you 'lean back' and not lean forward so that your back muscles are not strained.
In this respect, I prefer the cars with high seating position (with low set dashboard), where you don't have to stretch your neck (you are typically leaning forward when you do this) to get a good view of the road (especially the immediate obstacles ahead)
Unfortunately, most of the moderns cars are designed 'outside-in' which have lower seating, high set dashboard and those thick A pillars with quarter window.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
For a weak back, driving posture is very important. Make sure that you 'lean back' and not lean forward so that your back muscles are not strained.
In this respect, I prefer the cars with high seating position (with low set dashboard), where you don't have to stretch your neck (you are typically leaning forward when you do this) to get a good view of the road (especially the immediate obstacles ahead)
Unfortunately, most of the moderns cars are designed 'outside-in' which have lower seating, high set dashboard and those thick A pillars with quarter window.
Interesting point. Seems logical. Currently I drive a Hyundai i20. But for my next car I would like to keep these parameters in mind. What are good examples of these high seating, low dashboard cars in the 10 to 15 lakhs range?
Old 3rd October 2018, 12:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catchjyoti View Post
Interesting point. Seems logical. Currently I drive a Hyundai i20. But for my next car I would like to keep these parameters in mind. What are good examples of these high seating, low dashboard cars in the 10 to 15 lakhs range?
I myself need to do this research. Most of the new generation cars have low seat/high dashboards. For example i10 had high seat/low dashboard but i10 grand has somewhat low seat/high set dashboard.
Previous generation Honda City has high seating (almost a SUV like road visibility) but the current generation car has the problem I mentioned.
Brezza seems to be one of the car which is better in this aspect, but I havn't driven it.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2018, 19:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
You could test drive the S Cross. Though I do not have first hand experience with this car, I have heard very good reviews on how the suspension handles bad roads, which should solve your problem.
I own a Scross alpha, the facelifted one. Yes, the ride is comfortable, but my uncle's Terrano does have it better. So get the Duster/Terrano.
revintup is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks