Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2019, 20:37   #61
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago/Tigor AMT: Driveability issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by super.veloce View Post
Hello everyone, I am a newbie to the forum so kindly excuse me if I am repeating any of the points already cleared in the above sections. We have booked a Tata Tiago xza+ last week and I wanted a clarification regarding the issue pointed out in this thread. Has this problem been rectified in the 2019 variants as opposed to the 2018 variants?

TIA for the response.
We have a 2018 Tiago and a software update fixed the issue. the car is running good and no problems whatsoever

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th March 2020 at 17:02. Reason: Quoted post edited.
MuzzledMoose is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th January 2020, 12:00   #62
BHPian

My colleague is facing a weird issue with Tigor petrol 1.2 XZA. While on the move at around 60kmph, the engine suddenly turns off completely with only the steering, brakes, and the hazard lights working. He needs to steer the car to the side of the road and start the car again, and the car starts behaving normally.
Has anyone faced such an issue? What is the solution?
Old 14th January 2020, 17:00   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by igniteddriver View Post
My colleague is facing a weird issue with Tigor petrol 1.2 XZA. While on the move at around 60kmph, the engine suddenly turns off completely with only the steering, brakes, and the hazard lights working. He needs to steer the car to the side of the road and start the car again, and the car starts behaving normally.
Has anyone faced such an issue? What is the solution?
I have recently faced this issue but while driving a Ritz Vdi car owned by my FIL. The car would just die in the midst of traffic. Like somebody just powered it down. The lights, steering would be working. It would start soon afterwards.

My FIL gave it to Maruti service center in camp area here in Pune. They tried many things like replacing the fuel filter, cleaning out the nozzles, replacing two of the nozzle. I don't remember exactly but it was cleaning of the nozzles that did the trick.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 22:35   #64
BHPian

In XZA (mine is 2017, 55k kms done), is anyone facing a power loss issue, when moving from a dead stop. Example - Traffic light? When you press the accelerator, the car just struggles for power for couple of seconds before making a move finally. On the other hand, if you simply lift off your foot from brake pedal and allow the car to crawl for 1-2 seconds and then press accelerator, the car moves forward without any issue. I want to note here that the fuel pump etc has already been replaced under warranty last year and the problem still exists. Another issue is Spark Plugs going bust frequently, like every 3-4k kms or say 5-6 months. Anyone facing such problems?
Old 13th March 2020, 09:12   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
In XZA (mine is 2017, 55k kms done), is anyone facing a power loss issue, when moving from a dead stop. Example - Traffic light? When you press the accelerator, the car just struggles for power for couple of seconds before making a move finally. On the other hand, if you simply lift off your foot from brake pedal and allow the car to crawl for 1-2 seconds and then press accelerator, the car moves forward without any issue. I want to note here that the fuel pump etc has already been replaced under warranty last year and the problem still exists. Another issue is Spark Plugs going bust frequently, like every 3-4k kms or say 5-6 months. Anyone facing such problems?
Faced the exact same issue. There is a software update for the TCU. The issue gets resolved. Get it done from the service center
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 09:20   #66
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
In XZA (mine is 2017, 55k kms done), is anyone facing a power loss issue
Yes! And often, the car will then surge ahead, leading to panic breaking. Being aware of this behavior is the first thing I tell anyone who drives my June '18 Tiago XZA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Faced the exact same issue. There is a software update for the TCU. The issue gets resolved. Get it done from the service center
I think my car got the TCU update last year; and I believe, the problem started after it!

Have to go to the service station soon anyway, since the front left power window button is not working. Will get this checked again. It's Tata, I fear I'm going to be told to live with it.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 09:25   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Yes! And often, the car will then surge ahead, leading to panic breaking. Being aware of this behavior is the first thing I tell anyone who drives my June '18 Tiago XZA.

I think my car got the TCU update last year; and I believe, the problem started after it!

Have to go to the service station soon anyway, since the front left power window button is not working. Will get this checked again. It's Tata, I fear I'm going to be told to live with it.
That surge problem is pretty dangerous. The brakes are also not so effective at slow speeds when the surge happens. Have to stand on the brakes, literally.

There is a TCU update of post August 2019. That solved the issue. I got it done in November

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 13th March 2020 at 09:29.
sagarpadaki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 09:30   #68
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
There is a TCU update of post August 2019. That solved the issue
My car was given this update a few months when it went for another part failure. I'll impress upon the SA to fix it; else escalate this to Tata.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 09:40   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My car was given this update a few months when it went for another part failure. I'll impress upon the SA to fix it; else escalate this to Tata.
Check with a different service center.

The process is, the TASS has to download the latest update onto their local laptop before they can update the car. If they are lazy to download the update then they cannot update it in your car.

Ask the SA the update date and version. If possible , be with the car and see the update being done. It is a 15 minute job. You can be sure in that case. The first time i was deceived this way.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 16:30   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
That surge problem is pretty dangerous. The brakes are also not so effective at slow speeds when the surge happens. Have to stand on the brakes, literally.

There is a TCU update of post August 2019. That solved the issue. I got it done in November
I have been living with this problem for quite some time now and I don't think it is solved by any update. I got last update done in December. Car misfires as it struggles for power which leads to short life of spark plugs, in my opinion. There is no explanation from service center, as they are more worried about their feedback and ratings. I think it is time to write a mail to Tata again. Unfortunately, my experiences with Tiago are nothing but disappointing, I plan to put up a detailed ownership review soon, with full back up. .
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 17:11   #71
Team-BHP Support

Do any of you feel the idle RPM is set really low on the Tiago?

I drive a different motor on the JTP variant but at idle, it often feels like for a second the engine will die when the AC compressor kicks in and RPM blips for a moment before settling down.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 20:31   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Do any of you feel the idle RPM is set really low on the Tiago?

I drive a different motor on the JTP variant but at idle, it often feels like for a second the engine will die when the AC compressor kicks in and RPM blips for a moment before settling down.
RPM stays a bit high during cold start, for couple of minutes atleast. Then settles down gradually. Once it is settled, it feels fine to me - not too low. May be it is tuned a bit different for JTP?
I concur with you on the blip though. It is quite strong and for a second it feels like engine will die. How is your AC performance in peak summer? My car always had a poor cooling in peak summer.
Old 13th March 2020, 21:14   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
RPM stays a bit high during cold start, for couple of minutes atleast. Then settles down gradually. Once it is settled, it feels fine to me - not too low. May be it is tuned a bit different for JTP?
The cold start bit is fine. The JTP starts at about 1500 RPM and settles down after a couple mins. My car's warmed up idle is ~750 RPM, I feel it should be a bit higher so the A/C compressor kicking in doesn't drop it too low.

Quote:
...It is quite strong and for a second it feels like engine will die. How is your AC performance in peak summer? My car always had a poor cooling in peak summer.
The RPM dipping for a second when AC compressor engages, before the blip kicks in, always feels like the motor will stall. It actually doesn't but the shake is perceptible, though wouldn't call it 'violent'.

With two occupants, I need to run it at fan position 2 for acceptable cooling in peak summer. We don't really like it too cold in the car, so someone with a colder preference will probably find it lacking.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 13th March 2020 at 21:17.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 15:47   #74

Hi all
Planning to upgrade my Mahindra quanto diesel with Tigor XMA. Are all these AMT niggles are still there in fresh lots?
Old 20th November 2021, 22:42   #75
BHPian

Quote:
I guess, this is how the car is designed and common in all AMT cars made by Tata, including Nexon.

Most Viewed