Team-BHP - My Experience Of Adding Boric Acid In Petrol
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   My Experience Of Adding Boric Acid In Petrol (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/20399-my-experience-adding-boric-acid-petrol.html)

Hi all,

I m happy to share another experiment aimed at reducing friction at no exra cost & harm...

After using & getting so much benefit of using boric acid powder I was thinking to use in petrol since long.....I m already using acetone+xylene+2T successfully without any problem.....

So experiments continue with boric acid.....I first mixed small amount with acetone & it dissolved well at least 80%...this triggerd me.....now I found best method to use this stuff without any harm anywhere....

I added 3 gm per liter of petrol with acetone.....its 0.25%.... this % denotes 2500 ppm concentration....range is 30 to 3000 ppm with low sulpher fuels....

Method to improve lubricity of low-sulfur... - Google Patents

PARTS PER MILLION CONVERSIONS for ppm explanation..

Car feels very smooth especially "pressing pedal phenomenon"....it seems that accelerator cable its being socked in oil.....very quick & crisp response felt....I assume it will impart lubricity to fuel lines....fuel pumps....injectors....carburetors & to all parts where fuel reaches including combustion chamber......as with heat & pressure it will form boric oxide layer inside cylinders.....

This I think is the breakthrough in lubrication chapter.......I m already using varoius additives with good results but with boric acid its a FULL STOP........acceleration is so crisp...so smooth....need to drive car to understand this....

Essential purpose of using this stuff is to impart lubricity to fuels....with stringent emission norms sulpher content in fuel is declining & we might see a day fuel without sulpher in future....sulpher adds lubricity to fuels but is very toxic as becomes sulpher dioxide after combustion....now reducing sulpher reduces lubricity I think.....the drag of liquid fuel can be reduced with boric acid powder as it will make fine coating to internal diameters of fuel lines....giving best flow when we press pedal...this can also reduce corrosion...

Boric acid when reaches combustion chamber thorugh fuel sticks to metal cylinders and valves & will start removing carbons....this I think is best decorbonising element used for lubrication purpose...

If we refill full tank of 40 ltr then this workout to be 120 gm powder(3 gm per liter) to be dissolved into 82 ml acetone(2.5 ml per liter) then adding into tank......we can add more acetone to dissolve it completely....also can add 250 ml petrol(diesel) too in this mixture...acetone will vapourise in combustion chamber & our purpose of sending in into engine can be served......we can add other additives like xylenes & 2T later on with required amount......

I expect this treatment to work for at least 15000 km....so this also can be once in a year treatment....I see no side effect as dissolved powder can safely pass through fuel filter...

Enjoy.......

Wow, Finetuning...that's quite a b@llsy concoction you have in your fuel tank!

Now, I'm not being sceptical (in fact u were the one that turned me to Acetone in the first place!), but do u think there's any issue with reactivity with any of the contents of your mixture? I know u say that you've been using the mixture for a while now without any harm, but still....

Actually this point was to lead on to my next question...sorry for digressing: do you think acetone reacts (in a bad way) with System G? I've mixed the two together in a beaker, but saw no apparent reaction. What about in fuel? I kinda wanted to get the double benefit of System G along with acetone, u see ;)

Finetuning, Boron-Hydrogen bond in engine oil is something which is being tried out by big companies, but boric acid in fuel?
This is may or may not harm your engine(Depends on O ring material), but what about the cat con. The rare metals are very sensitive, and in engines prolonged use could have you failing your emissions test post E-III, not to mention emissions warranty.

Wow another one from finetuning..
You have said that one must do this mixture with boric acid only once a year???
What major difference have you seen after adding boric acid to petrol ? Fe ? Power?

I suggested Acetone stuff to my friend and he is very happy. He used to get 20 KMPL in his Carb 800 though fe has not much gain maybe .10 per litre or so but car engine is smooth and knocks less at lower speeds..

Good stuff finetuning...

Kaizer,

After dissolving powder(3 gms per liter which is 0.25%) in acetone in the required amount of 2.5 ml per lter I added it into tank.......instant reaction is very very smooth going of car and quick response too....it feels that car is just waiting to go just while engaging in first gear and even if I dont press pedal it starts moving....also checked speed near 100.....infact its smoother then before......I know I tried many thing but the way my car is responding right now encouraged me to share.....i cant find words to describe smoothness of car........also felt slight improvment in power....after a speed of 50 I feel that my entire engine is being socked deep in very very thick oil.....FE not checked.......

This powder is to be added with full tank capacity petrol/diesel.....suppose you have filled only 20 ltr out of 40 ltr capacity then you need to use powder again for next 20 ltr fill up... there after we need not use it like acetone as powder will stick to inside fuel lines..carburetors...injectors..& cylinders & to all inside parts where fuel goes.......its effect remains till many many thousands kilometers.....

Just now tried in suzuki fiero F2...used 10gm powder with 12.5 ml acetone
to be used in 5 ltr petrol(I used 2 gm per liter for bike..this is 0.2%)...same way after dissolving powder my friend added into tank & he sahred so much smoothness of bike.....earlier kerks on shifting gear or slowing down is gone...just very very smooth gliding of bike.....

task1979,

If you go through the link in the beginning it says using either boric acid or other stuff....now my main aim is to find a substance easily available & affordable......otherwise its not that much useful....I m now beginning to understand the potential of worlds BEST SOLID LUBRICANT.........its so simple yet so effetive.....we need to add it to any solid or liquid lubricant....

Now about the acid part I must say that with such high temp & pressure inside engine it instantly converts into boric oxide which starts seeking fine rough surface inside engine parts to form uniform very tough layer which is now pressure & tmp resistant.....it infact it stops corrosion as acid formation of combustion process is not allowed to contact metal surface....

I wish to share my driving pleasure with my fellow bhpains......those staying near me can test drive....I m staying at Borivali.......

Infact I m very very thankful to this wonderful energetic & live community to let me share my all such experience.........I remember I used to get 10 to 12 kmpl & there after my journey started......I havent spent much on any modification & biggest is free flow......but the kind of benefits all these passing to me gives me strength to share......My love & experience in technical aspect of automobile increased many fold....once again thanks to you all.....

Enjoy....

Quote:

Originally Posted by vezj420 (Post 353188)

Now, I'm not being sceptical (in fact u were the one that turned me to Acetone in the first place!), but do u think there's any issue with reactivity with any of the contents of your mixture? I know u say that you've been using the mixture for a while now without any harm, but still....

Actually this point was to lead on to my next question...sorry for digressing: do you think acetone reacts (in a bad way) with System G? I've mixed the two together in a beaker, but saw no apparent reaction. What about in fuel? I kinda wanted to get the double benefit of System G along with acetone, u see ;)

Dear vezj420,

We dont know the content of system G......it might contain acetone or other stuff.....if it already contain acetone then adding more acetone will not pass desired benefit........

Also whatever I added in petrol is already burnt.....no part of additive remains in tank forever exxcept boric acid powder......

I dont know how successful your projects are mate but I really have to appreciate you for your perseverence with these things...you almost encourage me to try the boric powder+acetone brew, really!

So if I have to try this on my OHC vtec, what should be composition considering 1 filling to be around 30litres with 10lits to be intank content?? Or do u suggest a cmplete drain out and complete refill??

Jeez! Looks like the boric acid bug has bitten finetuning biiiig time!!! What's he going to add it to next - a subwoofer?!! :lol:

@finetuning: Dude, I gotta see what you've done. Am going to call you sometime next week to check this stuff out. And kudos to you for experimenting & continuing to share...

Quote:

If you mix acetone, system G and petrol together, you can see a reaction. I had done that sometime ago. The mixture assumed a hazy look for a moment, as if some gummy product was formed, and then became clear again. However that appearance, brief though, was sufficient to discourage me from using this mixture. Hence I don't use both systemG and acetone together with petrol. Hope this helps!

cheers,

Reji

Quote:

Originally Posted by elf (Post 354348)
Jeez! Looks like the boric acid bug has bitten finetuning biiiig time!!! What's he going to add it to next - a subwoofer?!! :lol:

@finetuning: Dude, I gotta see what you've done. Am going to call you sometime next week to check this stuff out. And kudos to you for experimenting & continuing to share...

Hi elf,

I now need 5 kg powder...:Cheering:

I found excellent method of dissolving it for use in engine oil....just now I prepared 100gm powder in 100 ml acetone & it dissoved well...unlike my earlier experiment adding it directly in engine oil this method is more beneficial......

I tested this in another 96 esteem with stock setting running on lpg.....I added above mixture in engine oil......also prepared mix of 3gm per ltr powder with 2.5 ml acetone & added in petrol tank....

Result is so wonderful....my friend who was driving this car coulnt beleive the smoothness of the car.....it really works...

About acetone in oil...there is no harm as boiling point of acetone is 57 degr centigrade & within few minutes of running car it will vapourise & being sucked by pcv valve into engine for combustion.......

I will call you later on....

Enjoy....

Quote:

Originally Posted by finetuning (Post 353488)

Now about the acid part I must say that with such high temp & pressure inside engine it instantly converts into boric oxide which starts seeking fine rough surface inside engine parts to form uniform very tough layer which is now pressure & tmp resistant.

I don't care what it converts to inside the engine. I was talking about the O ring. In the Fuel system, unconverted.
O-Ring material is the weak link here. There are many O-Ring materials in the market with different makes susceptible to different acids. SO if your luck has it such that the O-Ring is of a material which is sensitive to boric acid, you wil spring a leak in your fuel lines, very near to the engine, and this can lead to a fire.
Boric acid can make a car give a mileage of 50kmpl, thats immaterial, but trying it out without knowing what the O-Rings etc., are made off, is dangerus, and I feel you should clearly mention this in your post.
Acetone/Toulene etc., are safe as they are Organic compounds(Aromatics) and mostly the fuel lines etc., are resistant, and at the most they will increase regular damage by a small amount, but same is not true for boric acid.

If you use Acetone along with Castrol Super T, then you won't need the System G at all.

Quote:

do you think acetone reacts (in a bad way) with System G? I've mixed the two together in a beaker, but saw no apparent reaction. What about in fuel? I kinda wanted to get the double benefit of System G along with acetone, u see ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by finetuning (Post 354639)
Result is so wonderful....my friend who was driving this car coulnt beleive the smoothness of the car.....it really works...

I'm glad for you - normal people dont get away with adding all sorts of stuff to their engines. One normally gets a blown engine or two but you seem to be finetuning everything quite well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gd1418 (Post 354796)
If you use Acetone along with Castrol Super T, then you won't need the System G at all.

Absolutely....
2.5 ML Acetone + 2.5 ML Xylene + 0.8 ML 2T Per litre petrol.....
Was The best cocktail ever.
Now Finetuing has gone ahead and added a new High with BORIC ACID...
cant wait for my next top up.
Only this time in gonna mix things sperately.
acetone 2.5 Ml & 3 grams Boric power in one bottle. with some amount of petrol.
Then mixture 2 will be 2.5 ML xylene + 2T coz i feel that the 2t oil will not let the boric power dissolve and it will be lumpy...
then will pour both the mixtures in my petrol tank.