Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwheels View Post
If you dont recover the 45K in a year or two (The time I figure you will keep the car) you are literally spending for the next owner who is not going to reimburse the cost. I have done the math some years back and trust me you need to gauge the KM's at least for a month before you jump.
What about carrying the kit forward to your next car ? You can go for a good quality sequential kit and take it out and fit it into your next car when you change your car . that way you can recover your investment and enjoy further saving. A sequential kit will give you same sort of accelaration and top speed with gas as with petrol.
Old 23rd December 2008, 22:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

I dont think you can directly take over the kit from one car to another. the important components details are registered into the car documents which are submitted to RTO. there might be deregistering registering involved. many of the components are car specific. sequential kit involves drilling the engine head to install injectors. so that will have to be normalized. things like that. go for sequential only in any case.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
I dont think you can directly take over the kit from one car to another. the important components details are registered into the car documents which are submitted to RTO. there might be deregistering registering involved. many of the components are car specific. sequential kit involves drilling the engine head to install injectors. so that will have to be normalized. things like that. go for sequential only in any case.
It is commonly believed that sequential kits require drilling the head for fitting the injectors, that is not so , sequential injectors are fitted to the inlet manifold and not to the engine head , usually nowadays the inlet manifold is made from engineering plastics and not metal. The inlet manifold can be plugged or even replaced when the sequential kit is taken out and the engine restored to its earlier position as in case of mixer type of lpg/cng kits.
Old 24th December 2008, 11:53   #19
BHPian

So which kit is recommended ?? I spoke to an authorised gas agency and they said they can fit BRC kit with lambda sensor setup for 21000rs. is it reasonable? should i go for it ??

else let me know which kit to look for ? I am not aware of dealers/gas agency for OMVL in hyd.. and also the cost of installation for this kit ! plz give some more inputs

I appreciate everyone posting here to help me !
Old 30th August 2009, 16:45   #20
BHPian

Have you fitted the sequential gas kit on your car?

I heard that among the LPG offerings from Hyundai, TATA (indica) & Chevrolet(spark). The one on spark is the most advanced kit which I guess is a sequential gas kit. AS claimed by the installers, the power loss is hardly noticeable & the mileage would be close to 90% of what can be achieved with petrol.

But I am not sure if the gas kit can be removed in case one needs to sell the car?
Old 30th August 2009, 20:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
Have you fitted the sequential gas kit on your car?

I heard that among the LPG offerings from Hyundai, TATA (indica) & Chevrolet(spark). The one on spark is the most advanced kit which I guess is a sequential gas kit. AS claimed by the installers, the power loss is hardly noticeable & the mileage would be close to 90% of what can be achieved with petrol.

But I am not sure if the gas kit can be removed in case one needs to sell the car?

The one which comes in indica is also Sequential injection.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:02   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
The one which comes in indica is also Sequential injection.
Thats great .. i didnt know this. Well the baleno now runs with a BRC kit, not very interesting package, the guy has cheated me (i guess) with some local parts mixed in the package, which resulted in bad mileage (it gives abt 7 in gas and 10 in petrol), refuses to run smooth, and that guy says its all fine, and doesnt take any care to increase mileage or smoothness.
I am pissed, but i dont drive it around much, coz my dad uses it and I use the palio.

The kit is also illegal because HDFC bank refuses to endorese gas kits on recently purchased vehicles.. so waiting till november to get this thing done !! No one has caught me yet for the illegal kit.. though it sucks to have one like tht
Old 8th July 2011, 20:44   #23
BHPian

Re: lpg on maruti baleno...(advice)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoguy4u View Post
guys, i have a maruti baleno.. my fuel bills rising day by day.. so got an ultimatum from dad, either to control my usage or go for a lpg kit. i opted for the latter option so going for the lpg kit to vitesse on thursday. it comes upto 32000 incl. everything (warranty intact). i dont want pick up and all over performance to suffer. is there any special thing that i should mention to them so the performance does not suffer??? help!!!

p.s.- the car has done 8500kms.

mods, i know a lot has been discussed on the lpg thingy but there is nothing so specific to lpg on the baleno
Finally, have you installed the LPG Kit ? How is it ? How many kms run after that ? What is your long term ownership report on LPG ?

My Baleno is having an RTO approved LPG Kit. It is a Lovato kit. The previous owner told that he was not using the kit for a long time and hence need servicing before use. Can anybody suggest me whether there is any problem in using baleno on LPG ?

Last edited by KMohanan : 8th July 2011 at 21:00.
Old 11th July 2011, 14:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMohanan View Post
Finally, have you installed the LPG Kit ? How is it ? How many kms run after that ? What is your long term ownership report on LPG ?

My Baleno is having an RTO approved LPG Kit. It is a Lovato kit. The previous owner told that he was not using the kit for a long time and hence need servicing before use. Can anybody suggest me whether there is any problem in using baleno on LPG ?
I have re-worked on the LPG system of my baleno and it now runs a nicely mated Sequential LPG system. Infact, i feel my baleno runs smoother & fatster on lpg than petrol now. What is the Lovato kit that is installed in your Baleno ?

If it is a sequential LPG system, nothing better than that. How to identify that ? You will have an LPG ECU, the vaporiser wont be bigger than 6" dia (guess) and you will have a series of 4 injectors (plungers) connected on a steel/alluminium rail, connected to the engine head directly. If you dont have any of these mentioned, you have an lpg system that sux to be on a baleno (yea it really is that) !

The regular closed loop system that comes for 21k lovator or BRC, isnt good for baleno. Causes engine misfiring, results in a blown up air filter box (costs 7k to replace this stuff), will frequently cause engine malfuntion light to come on, performs below par and gives efficiency around 7kmpl without a/c.

so just check what kind of lpg system you have and decide if you want to use it or not. I would suggest, upgrade to sequential LPG if you intend to use your vehicle for atleast 200kms per month, else, just live with expensive petrol stuff
Old 12th July 2011, 19:06   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
I have re-worked on the LPG system of my baleno and it now runs a nicely mated Sequential LPG system. Infact, i feel my baleno runs smoother & fatster on lpg than petrol now. What is the Lovato kit that is installed in your Baleno ?

If it is a sequential LPG system, nothing better than that. How to identify that ? You will have an LPG ECU, the vaporiser wont be bigger than 6" dia (guess) and you will have a series of 4 injectors (plungers) connected on a steel/alluminium rail, connected to the engine head directly. If you dont have any of these mentioned, you have an lpg system that sux to be on a baleno (yea it really is that) !

The regular closed loop system that comes for 21k lovator or BRC, isnt good for baleno. Causes engine misfiring, results in a blown up air filter box (costs 7k to replace this stuff), will frequently cause engine malfuntion light to come on, performs below par and gives efficiency around 7kmpl without a/c.

so just check what kind of lpg system you have and decide if you want to use it or not. I would suggest, upgrade to sequential LPG if you intend to use your vehicle for atleast 200kms per month, else, just live with expensive petrol stuff
So what did the sequential kit cost you ? what is the make ? Can you give the cost breakup ? Thanks.

Last edited by ask77 : 12th July 2011 at 19:06. Reason: spelling
Old 12th July 2011, 21:25   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask77

So what did the sequential kit cost you ? what is the make ? Can you give the cost breakup ? Thanks.
Well the actual cost of the sequential kit when I purchased it was around 42,000. I knew the installer pretty well so could exchange my old kit and got the upgrade for around 30k. The kit I have chosen was sequent24 from brc, every part was imported by rohan , who is the dealer I guess.

I think the charges vary with taxes and registration.. I could save some money there as my lpg tank was already registered and I didn't go for registration again.
Old 12th July 2011, 22:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you for the guidance. The kit in my baleno seems to be the 'normal' kit. Not sequential system. 'Lovato Class-1' and a big 'E' (may be short form of Electronic) is written on the vaporiser. From the feedbacks, I feel that it is better to dispose off the kit and run the car comfortably in petrol. I run around 1200 kms per month.
Old 13th July 2011, 12:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the guidance. The kit in my baleno seems to be the 'normal' kit. Not sequential system. 'Lovato Class-1' and a big 'E' (may be short form of Electronic) is written on the vaporiser. From the feedbacks, I feel that it is better to dispose off the kit and run the car comfortably in petrol. I run around 1200 kms per month.
With my limited knowledge on the lpg kits, i can say BRC sequent System was the only officially available seq kit in India, the same kit being used in chevy spark from OEM as well i guess.

Anyways, coming to your point, I would say you dont need an LPG system for your running avg. However, ocassionally you can still use your current LPG system, but make sure the Air Filter is clean & spark plugs are in good condition. LPG requires clean & better air flow compared to petrol & a clean spark plug ensures the misfiring is minimized. If your LPG kit is properly tuned and you are comfortable running with it ( you ll know it within 30 to 40kms of run) then go ahead and use it, after all you ll still be able to save money!!

I am myself planning an upgrade to a diesel sedan due to an increase in my running avg. Advantage of having a seq kit is, you can remove the kit totally and resell it to another prospective buyer and it is easily tunable to any model !
Old 3rd August 2011, 22:32   #29
BHPian

Quote:
With my limited knowledge on the lpg kits, i can say BRC sequent System was the only officially available seq kit in India, the same kit being used in chevy spark from OEM as well i guess.

Anyways, coming to your point, I would say you dont need an LPG system for your running avg. However, ocassionally you can still use your current LPG system, but make sure the Air Filter is clean & spark plugs are in good condition. LPG requires clean & better air flow compared to petrol & a clean spark plug ensures the misfiring is minimized. If your LPG kit is properly tuned and you are comfortable running with it ( you ll know it within 30 to 40kms of run) then go ahead and use it, after all you ll still be able to save money!!

I am myself planning an upgrade to a diesel sedan due to an increase in my running avg. Advantage of having a seq kit is, you can remove the kit totally and resell it to another prospective buyer and it is easily tunable to any model !
I have fully serviced the LPG kit that was available in my Baleno when I purchased it. The previous owner was the MD of a company and he told that, even though he had installed the kit in an environment fever, it was not used that much. And for a long time, he was not using it at all. As per his advice only I have serviced it fully before using it. The vaporiser diaphram had become hard, so it was replaced. Then the water tubes, filters etc also changed. Done at the authorised Lovato LPG fitment centre at Ernakulam - Surabhi Auto Track, Kalamassery. Altogether expense 1600/-. I have run for about 100 kms after that in lpg and petrol. It runs well in lpg too. But, the car is 'super smooth' in petrol and 'smooth' in gas. The mechanic told that LPG needs cleaner spark plugs and plug cables when compared to petrol. He is advising me to change the plugs as a set along with the cables. I am thinking of the NGK Iridium spark plugs. Can any member help me in the choice of spark plug brands and plug cables along with approximate cost per set of four ? My preference is to go for the best quality brand if the cost is not a pocket killer
Old 4th August 2011, 07:53   #30
BHPian

Quote:
I have fully serviced the LPG kit that was available in my Baleno when I purchased it. The previous owner was the MD of a company and he told that, even though he had installed the kit in an environment fever, it was not used that much. And for a long time, he was not using it at all. As per his advice only I have serviced it fully before using it. The vaporiser diaphram had become hard, so it was replaced. Then the water tubes, filters etc also changed. Done at the authorised Lovato LPG fitment centre at Ernakulam - Surabhi Auto Track, Kalamassery. Altogether expense 1600/-. I have run for about 100 kms after that in lpg and petrol. It runs well in lpg too. But, the car is 'super smooth' in petrol and 'smooth' in gas. The mechanic told that LPG needs cleaner spark plugs and plug cables when compared to petrol. He is advising me to change the plugs as a set along with the cables. I am thinking of the NGK Iridium spark plugs. Can any member help me in the choice of spark plug brands and plug cables along with approximate cost per set of four ? My preference is to go for the best quality brand if the cost is not a pocket killer
what your mech says is true. A cleaner plug helps better combustion and smooth running of any lpg vehicle. I have been using Bosch 4 electrode plugs for quite some time now.. almost an year/30k kms and everything is gr8. These plugs are expensive though, around 1400 for set of 4 (i m not sure about the pricing, forgot what i paid) but i remember these being expensive, but help you save fuel and give a smooth running to the car ! give them a try, those are better than iridium plugs IMO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks