Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2007, 10:14   #16
BHPian

guys what if the front is given a rake and the back is raised the weight of the engine and fwd will increase the traction is that possible.
Old 22nd January 2007, 12:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Key basics:

- Better Tyres
- Slightly lower pressure up front
- Right launch RPM
- Stiffer suspension that will not allow the front to lift (Raising the rear helps but if you can keep the car even nothin like it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelntoe View Post
here's another thing to mull over. since the engine is oevr the front wheels there will be more weight over them hence in a fwd, there is a chance of hooking up rather than spinning the wheels. i know the weight shifts to the back and such but how do two cars having the same weight over the front wheels compare, one being a front driver and ther other a rear wheel drive?
Well the weight transfer on launch will ift the car wether it is a FWD or a RWD, hence if it is a RWD the weight is a lot more on the driven tyres giving great traction.

However if it is a FWD a lift would lead to a wheel spin and Hop which will mean a slower launch / trap speed.

The key to do the best a the drag is to nail the first 60 feet.

Last edited by Psycho : 22nd January 2007 at 12:12.
Old 22nd January 2007, 17:24   #18
BHPian

thanks psycho.
i hear that a good 60' time is very critical for a good trap speed.
i bet it gets harder and harder to launch high powered cars because of traction issues and even though they might get a good time, their trap speed will suffer.
thanks for clarifying.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks