Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2019, 03:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: New car's diesel exhaust bothering me. Now what?

If you are otherwise happy with your car, I will advise to continue with it. Use a pollution mask or better cabin filter as suggested here already.

Also get a genuine emission check done to see if the catalytic converter is working fine.

I have driven my SX4 petrol for 106k km so far in 7 years 10 months. That's not much of annual running but many times I drive 300 to 1200 km on business trips. Though I am happy with the FE (16 - 17 kmpl on highways), on such long trips I do tend to dream of good diesel cars. Though the diesel dream ends with the trip, your post has waken me up.
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2019, 14:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Re: New car's diesel exhaust bothering me. Now what?

I finally sold off the Verna last month. I had it exactly for 6 months. The diesel induced headache wouldn't go plus I had some other issue with the car too which I may divulge later. I guess I was not happy with it. I decided my head is more important than the depreciation of which I did feel the pinch. I still got close to a 7 figure amount and ended up with a premium petrol hatch back up with more bells and whistles then the Verna had. Bottom line is I have become a bit poorer but I am happy and I am glad I don't have to inhale the diesel fumes and don't have to bother about idling any turbo vurbo before switching off the car. I have a decent NA petrol engine which I can switch off on demand. I guess the diesel turkey oops I meant diesel torque is not for me. Do I miss the pull from the diesel, yeah, only while going over slow speed breakers I do but nowhere else. Now this way even if the NGT guys decides to pay Mumbai a visit I don't have to worry about them for the next 15 years.

Last edited by sumeethaldankar : 7th April 2019 at 14:24.
sumeethaldankar is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks