Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2007, 22:38   #1
BHPian

Zen Good Car poor milege please Help

Hi Team ,

I have a 2000 mdel zen vx,its a very good car and in very well maintained good shape.
When in college i regularly used to get a mileage of 11 to 12 km/lit. But from past two years it has dropped considerabily. Mine is an carburated version.it gives me hardly 10 to 11km/lit that to without ac in city.

1. I have done cluth over haul.. increased pick up and smoothness but less in terms of milge.

2. i have serviced the car well changed complete spark plugs, filters etc...

3. i use extra premium from indian oil..gives good acceleration really..

4. i tried using speed 97..but it didnt show much improvement in pick up or mil.

PLEASE SUGGEST

5. Should i go for Engine Decarbonization ?will it help...?

6. will fitting K & N air filter improve mil & pick up?

7. will free flow exaust improve pick up without affecting mil?

8. please suggest modifications under 7k?(for engine piickup and mil).

i dont want to spend more on this old car if it doesnt improve..
Old 22nd January 2007, 11:36   #2
BHPian

Is that really such a large drop in mileage? Also, it could be that traffic conditions are different now from what they were when you were in college. You havent mentioned how many kilometers your car has run. Other than that, try getting the carburettor cleaned.
Old 22nd January 2007, 12:11   #3
BHPian

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitkommini View Post
Is that really such a large drop in mileage? Also, it could be that traffic conditions are different now from what they were when you were in college. You havent mentioned how many kilometers your car has run. Other than that, try getting the carburettor cleaned.
its run aroun 45000 kms.. i drive around 20 km daily.. 10km traffic and 10 km highway.. mostly without ac nowdays sisnce its cooler..

will carb overhaul help?
Old 1st February 2007, 11:42   #4
BHPian

Have you checked the oil and the tyres? Check if there's any spillage on the ground, after the car is parked at a place for 6-8 hrs. Oil spillage is a serious condition, and must be fixed asap.

How are you measuring the mileage? Perhaps the odometer is faulty, and you are covering greater distance than you think you are.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks