Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2012, 19:53   #466
BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Yesterday I received my ELM327 bluetooth OBD2 scan device but when I connected it to my accent obd port, nothing happened, no LED glow on the device. I checked it on a Mahindra xylo which came in my friends workshop and it worked on it correctly, got connected to ECU.

I found that pin 7 was +ve and 4 and 5 was ground. When I checked the same pin on the OBD port of my accent it did show 12 volts but as soon as I plug the device the voltage drops to 0.8 volts and hence device did not work. What could be the reason of this drop in voltage?
Old 18th July 2012, 17:50   #467
BHPian

Confirmed seeing the use of ELM327 (VGate) with Chevy Beat Petrol using
SAE J11850 VPW Protocol (this should work for most recent GM vehicles ) and Torque Pro I believe.

Last edited by sjcherian : 18th July 2012 at 17:51. Reason: Weird font tag showing up.
Old 18th July 2012, 19:10   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS-II View Post
All,
Bought an Bluetooth OBD II Reader from amazon. It has come with couple of tools for windows XP however no use as I have windows 7! I'm using Torque on android now . This OBD II doesn't read ecu on my VISTA however did work on SWIFT VDI. has anyone been successful reading a VISTA ecu?

Can you elaborate which Bluetooth OBD II Reader? I am planning to buy for my Swift ZDI.

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 23:41   #469
BHPian

Apologies Razer for this delay. I bought this scanner from Amazon. Have got some bundled software and complete version of android app Torque. This one costed me $15. Just a thing to note, when this device I selected in Torque it warns me saying this might be a cheap imitation product which might work. I've tested on vista and swift vdi and it works only on the later one. Do ask me if u need anymore info
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:41   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies Razer for this delay. I bought this scanner from Amazon. Have got some bundled software and complete version of android app Torque. This one costed me $15. Just a thing to note, when this device I selected in Torque it warns me saying this might be a cheap imitation product which might work. I've tested on vista and swift vdi and it works only on the later one. Do ask me if u need anymore info
What is brand name for this scanner. The VDI you tested was it the 2011 model or the one before?

Do you get the message once you pair your scanner with the phone and then the app gives you the warning/error message saying the scanner might be faulty/duplicate. Does this limit the diagnostic parameters which are read by the scanned and displayed in the App?

It would be great if you could post the images (screen shots) of the
diagnostic reports on the Android app so that we can understand what parameters are covered.

Also, would be great if you could help me with the link on Amazon for this scanner.

Cheers,

Racer_X

Last edited by Racer_X : 3rd August 2012 at 12:43.
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:51   #471
BHPian

Any idea which OBD Connector a 2011 FIAT punto Uses and where i can buy one. Which software do i need to install in my laptop to see it work. Will appreciate if some body can post a Pic of OBD port in Punto, where it;s located .
Old 6th August 2012, 18:07   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
What is brand name for this scanner. The VDI you tested was it the 2011 model or the one before?

Do you get the message once you pair your scanner with the phone and then the app gives you the warning/error message saying the scanner might be faulty/duplicate. Does this limit the diagnostic parameters which are read by the scanned and displayed in the App?

It would be great if you could post the images (screen shots) of the
diagnostic reports on the Android app so that we can understand what parameters are covered.

Also, would be great if you could help me with the link on Amazon for this scanner.

Cheers,

Racer_X
@Raver_X my answers

1. The OBD-II scanner at the website said Soliport however i don't see this name anywhere printed on the scanner thats sent!
2. The Swift VDi was Apr/May 2012 model
3. The warning message come when I select the OBD-II scanner from the list of detected bluetooth devices
4. Not sure if this limits the capabilities; however it wasn't showing things like fuel status/ secondary air status/ fuel & air status displays. I'm not sure if someone using a different OBD scanner have been able to read these on the Swift either!
5. Basic parameters like Revs, coolant temp, Boost(probably vaccum) were being shown

Unfortunately I had to leave it home and come to UK on assignment; I shall try to get screen shots however not certain on this.
I took this risk of buying as I wasn't certain it would work on my car. This was the cheapest among them or so. Also not sure if I can give you a link here. search for Soliport ELM 327 on Amazon. its priced $18 i suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Any idea which OBD Connector a 2011 FIAT punto Uses and where i can buy one. Which software do i need to install in my laptop to see it work. Will appreciate if some body can post a Pic of OBD port in Punto, where it;s located .
@Sushilkumar, you might get most info from my above post. On where OBD port is located, I believe it should be somewhere close the fuse box. I remember reading somewhere its a bit below the sterring on the right side.

Cheers both
Old 9th August 2012, 14:11   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sushilkumar View Post
Let me tell you for Linea same will be case for Punto
OBD port is located next to the steering column below the fog lamp switches. I have ELM327 connector which I bought for 3000Rs and Laplogger_BB app in my blackberry to check for the codes. I have not been successful with any softwares on the laptops. This BB app allows me check the codes and reset the CEL .

Link to Laplogger sw for Blackberry
LapLogger - OBD2 reader/logger - Bluetooth Wireless an Wired
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-obd1.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-obd2.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-obd3.jpg  

Last edited by vikrantj : 9th August 2012 at 14:21.
Old 9th August 2012, 17:35   #474
BHPian

can anybody suggest a cheap android tablet 7 inch on which i can use the torque app. i use an iphone and an ipad. this would be the first and only androids device i would be using and most likely just to run the torque app and leave it in the car 99 percent of the time. i find most of the tablets are with Wifi and not with bluetooth in the lower price bracket. Is anybody using an android tablet to connect to the ELM 327. i am not looking beyond the 10,000 mark.

Last edited by abishek2222 : 9th August 2012 at 17:38.
Old 9th August 2012, 17:36   #475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashim View Post
Yesterday I received my ELM327 bluetooth OBD2 scan device but when I connected it to my accent obd port, nothing happened, no LED glow on the device.
Hi Hashim,

Is the accent OBD2? I may be wrong though.

- Dhanush
Old 9th August 2012, 18:00   #476
BHPian

[quote=NFS-II;2838803]
Quote:
@sushantr5 haven't tried FiatECUScan. Do u think it will work?

@sushantr5 installed FiatECUScan software. Any idea what Car/ engine do I select as there no 1:1 match with Vista engine. BTW did try Punto varients, however no luck.
@NFS-II

Can you please confirm is this the connector
3 Pin to 16 Pin OBD 2 Diagnostic Cable for Fiat - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I had already downloaded a trail version of the software from Fiat,

Also kindly help about the prevention required before or after connecting with the ecu,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
Old 9th August 2012, 18:10   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
I have not been successful with any softwares on the laptops. This BB app allows me check the codes and reset the CEL .
I have exactly the same ELM327 device which I bought from dealextreme and me too not having any success with laptop, though the software I have does detect the device. Do let me know if you ever succeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Hashim,

Is the accent OBD2? I may be wrong though.

- Dhanush
I'll try to find out, got no info about this in the accent manual.
Old 9th August 2012, 22:09   #478
BHPian

[quote=anupam00;2866875]
Quote:

@NFS-II

Can you please confirm is this the connector
3 Pin to 16 Pin OBD 2 Diagnostic Cable for Fiat - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I had already downloaded a trail version of the software from Fiat,

Also kindly help about the prevention required before or after connecting with the ecu,

Thanks & Regards
Anupam
@Anupam, sorry the one I have is a bluetooth adapter and not the wired you are referring here.Mine is almost similar to what @Vikrantj has shown above in the last photo

Last edited by NFS-II : 9th August 2012 at 22:10. Reason: oops! had missed last few words
Old 10th August 2012, 16:30   #479
BHPian

Got the ELM327 working for Linea . Using Torque Lite for Andriod. Pairs like breeze and was able to get most Speed and RPM reading. Could not check for Codes ..

Here is snapshot of TorqueLite paired with ELM327 for Linea. The car was stationary so no Speed dial movement only RPM dial movement.
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-img2012081000259.jpg  

vikrantj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 17:45   #480
BHPian

Can I request someone who has an OBDII app/gauge in Bangalore to let me know if I can use it to check if the Mahindra Verito (new look version) is OBDII compliant or not?

All that I want to do is to go to a Mahindra Showroom, plug it into a D6 model and check if it connects and is able to read the OBDII parameters, particularly the instant fuel consumption. If it can do the same, I will then buy an OBDII gauge like Scangauge or Ultragauge.

Alternatively, please post a photo/video of the app working on a D6 Mahindra Verito (2012 refreshed model). I know it works on the petrol version, but there is no data on the Internet about the diesel Logan/Verito.

I would like my next car to be OBDII compliant and I am inclined towards buying the Verito.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks