Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2012, 10:50   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalyst_delhi View Post
Nope Vikram the A/C was off. I even disconnected the AC relay but the calculated load figures are the same. I have a feeling that my MAP sensor is off. Please tell me what you think.

Sensors - MAP , IAT , ECT , Cam . No MAF
It could be any of the sensors. MAP, IAC etc. Or it could just be that the throttle body needs cleaning.

Edit: It could also be something as simple as the throttle cable being too tight. Start with the basics first.

Last edited by vikram_d : 18th September 2012 at 10:51.
vikram_d is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 22:51   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
In the Zen it is located driver side under the dash closed to the boot release lever. Guessing that the esteem would have a similar location.
Hi Rohan - Could you confirm if the Zen MPFI 2002 model is OBDII compliant ? I tried hunting for the OBDII port, but couldn't find it. I'm planning to order the ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth scanner tool and use the torque app.

But before I order that, I want to ensure that Zen 2002 model has an OBDII port and that the ELM 327 tool will work with it.

Are you in a position to share a pic showing the OBD2 port on the Zen ?

Cheers,
Yogesh.
Old 18th September 2012, 23:08   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
Hi Rohan - Could you confirm if the Zen MPFI 2002 model is OBDII compliant ? I tried hunting for the OBDII port, but couldn't find it. I'm planning to order the ELM327 OBDII Bluetooth scanner tool and use the torque app.

But before I order that, I want to ensure that Zen 2002 model has an OBDII port and that the ELM 327 tool will work with it.

Are you in a position to share a pic showing the OBD2 port on the Zen ?

Cheers,
Yogesh.
ELM 327 (actually ant conventional diagnostic tools) doesn't work on Maruti Suzuki cars prior to K series engines. Only Tech 2 or Suzuki Diagnostic tool work and that cost about 1000 USD.
Old 19th September 2012, 02:51   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why is my load values way high when there is almost no load , I was the only person in the car? Please help?
Hi Ismail,

Which software were you using to interpret the data?. AFAIK, in the ikon, the load values are highly inaccurate. Most software's require external inputs of engine capacity, vehicle weight etc, which makes matters even more inaccurate.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 07:12   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Hi Ismail,

Which software were you using to interpret the data?. AFAIK, in the ikon, the load values are highly inaccurate. Most software's require external inputs of engine capacity, vehicle weight etc, which makes matters even more inaccurate.
Hi Dhanushs,

You are bang on! I used proscan 5.0. I checked this is not for Fords which shows a higher load value. I use Engineuity now it shows 15% load which is as per service manual. I still cannot get the values for MAP sensor to be read. I will check.

Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 07:14   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
It could be any of the sensors. MAP, IAC etc. Or it could just be that the throttle body needs cleaning.

Edit: It could also be something as simple as the throttle cable being too tight. Start with the basics first.

Thanks Vikram - All cleaned and all values are in spec now. It was due to the software. All fords have a tendency to show high load values. this is to compensate for the zero injector time when the car is going downhill or coasting.

Last edited by Catalyst_delhi : 19th September 2012 at 07:14. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 29th September 2012, 16:59   #502
BHPian

This is my first post on the forum and hence request forgiveness for any gaffes. Recently I bought a Super Mini ELM327 bluetooth on ebay for $14 (inclusive of delivery charges) for my Estilo K-series and I have some problems. I paired the device with my Nokia C-5 mobile handset running the Symbian OBD software OBDScope. The device does connect and the handset does show a number of static parameters of the vehicle but unfortunately I cannot start the engine with the OBD device connected. As soon as I switch on the ignition I get a flashing "immobiliser" light (the car with padlock icon) and the engine refuses to start with starter motor going full tilt. If the OBD device is removed the immobiliser light is off and engine starts without a problem. I am not sure if it is because of a faulty OBD device or a quirk of my car ECU. Can someone give some suggestions? Anyone facing the flashing immobiliser light when they connect an OBD device ?
Old 29th September 2012, 20:03   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitnab View Post
This is my first post on the forum and hence request forgiveness for any gaffes. Recently I bought a Super Mini ELM327 bluetooth on ebay for $14 (inclusive of delivery charges) for my Estilo K-series and I have some problems. I paired the device with my Nokia C-5 mobile handset running the Symbian OBD software OBDScope. The device does connect and the handset does show a number of static parameters of the vehicle but unfortunately I cannot start the engine with the OBD device connected. As soon as I switch on the ignition I get a flashing "immobiliser" light (the car with padlock icon) and the engine refuses to start with starter motor going full tilt. If the OBD device is removed the immobiliser light is off and engine starts without a problem. I am not sure if it is because of a faulty OBD device or a quirk of my car ECU. Can someone give some suggestions? Anyone facing the flashing immobiliser light when they connect an OBD device ?
The ELM chip is not original. Try fixing it when the car is running.(under your own risk) I usually fix it when the car is running in my ikon. For better features stick to original readers
Catalyst_delhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 11:44   #504
BHPian

Quote:
The ELM chip is not original. Try fixing it when the car is running.(under your own risk) I usually fix it when the car is running in my ikon. For better features stick to original readers
That was a wonderful tip! I tried it and it works without a hitch. I switched on the engine and then hot-plugged the OBD bluetooth device into the OBD socket. With OBDScope running I could observe 28 parameters on my Estilo K-10 LXi when stationery. I did not check it when the vehicle was moving and plan to do so in the next week or so. The battery voltage and the OBD port voltage seem to be close to what is expected ( around 13.8 - 14 volts). The Engine RPM did respond appropriately (I think) when I pressed the accelerator (idle around 850 RPM and going beyond 3000 at medium position of accelerator) so I assume that all other parameters reported would be OK. For those who want more info on the Estilo OBD, the info page of OBDScope when connected to the OBD gave following details ---
Connection: OBD-II interface ELM327 v1.5
Current Protocol : Auto, ISO15765-4 (CAN11/500)
Vehicle info: Supported Standards : EOBD
I hope this would be of use to others with Maruti K-series vehicles.
Thanks once again to Catalyst_delhi for the guidance!
nitnab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2012, 21:55   #505
BHPian

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TOYOT...630415890.html

At last this tool works with older Marutis too. Working with my 2007 Swift VDi.
archat68 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 19:12   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitnab View Post
That was a wonderful tip! I tried it and it works without a hitch. I switched on the engine and then hot-plugged the OBD bluetooth device into the OBD socket. With OBDScope running I could observe 28 parameters on my Estilo K-10 LXi when stationery. I did not check it when the vehicle was moving and plan to do so in the next week or so. The battery voltage and the OBD port voltage seem to be close to what is expected ( around 13.8 - 14 volts). The Engine RPM did respond appropriately (I think) when I pressed the accelerator (idle around 850 RPM and going beyond 3000 at medium position of accelerator) so I assume that all other parameters reported would be OK. For those who want more info on the Estilo OBD, the info page of OBDScope when connected to the OBD gave following details ---
Connection: OBD-II interface ELM327 v1.5
Current Protocol : Auto, ISO15765-4 (CAN11/500)
Vehicle info: Supported Standards : EOBD
I hope this would be of use to others with Maruti K-series vehicles.
Thanks once again to Catalyst_delhi for the guidance!

Great that worked for you! Please log data or have someone drive while you observe the data when moving. Use proscan 5. this has good data logging features and you can make charts in excel. Never look at any live data while driving can be very disturbing.
Old 19th October 2012, 11:10   #507
BHPian

At last after trying a lot of software's and even re-soldering few components in my ELM327 chinese clone I was able to make it talk to my Accent with this software called PCMSCAN

Got some error codes, any technical help on this? what should be done to resolve these?:
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-pcmscan1.jpg

Found out that Accent max RPM is almost 11k RPM but max speed only 136 :
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-pcmscan2.jpg

And here is something I don't understand much:
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-pcmscan3.jpg

Gauges were working on this software but RPM needle was moving like crazy even when I was not revving at all, something wrong with that I think.
Old 14th November 2012, 15:33   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I tried with Swift D and Ritz D using an ELM327 bluetooth adapter and an android device and the torque app. It worked on the Ritz D but not on the Swift D. I also tried on A-Star and SX4 ZXi without success.
I guess it is confirmed that ELM 327 does not work on the SX4 petrol. Any other bluetooth adapter that works? for the SX4, I mean.
Old 14th November 2012, 15:41   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaumad View Post
I guess it is confirmed that ELM 327 does not work on the SX4 petrol. Any other bluetooth adapter that works? for the SX4, I mean.
IMO ELM 327 will work with SX4 with newer engines post 2010.
Old 7th December 2012, 08:22   #510
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Onboard diagnostics plugin with amazing features

Disclaimer: Not sure if this is already posted. Please merge or delete

http://technabob.com/blog/2012/12/06...s-car-monitor/

Features look amazing. i am sure there are many uses for this. Will this work in India.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks