Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2014, 05:12   #901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbalagru6 View Post
though I want to wait for some more days and see. But the petrol smell is still there
when you have time and some open roads, can you try this; drive up to 60 kmph and then change to third gear and let the clutch go, letting the car reduce speed by itself. This should allow the engine to check the oxygen sensor. You could check for errors after three/four repetitions
nijelj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2014, 06:24   #902
Senior - BHPian

Guys, any suggestions for the Nano? I have a 2012 Lx model and also use an Android tablet. Which scanner would work best and which Android app to go with it?
Also if I have to carry this setup to my bro's Ikon - year 2000 - will it work? Or do I need a different scanner?
Old 18th May 2014, 07:14   #903
BANNED

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybee View Post
Guys, any suggestions for the Nano? I have a 2012 Lx model and also use an Android tablet. Which scanner would work best and which Android app to go with it?
Also if I have to carry this setup to my bro's Ikon - year 2000 - will it work? Or do I need a different scanner?
For the Tata Nano buy an ELM 327 OBD II reader (Check the previous page, Post No.: 900 for the link) and Torque App from Google play store.

For the Ikon this setup will not work as the Ikon is not OBD 2 compliant since it was manufactured in 2000. Cars made from and after 2010 are OBD 2 compliant. But there are some cars that do work with this setup - Do you have any idea if the Ikon has any 16-pin connector?

Anurag.
Old 18th May 2014, 09:20   #904
Senior - BHPian

Team,
Please help me find a obd reader for swift 2010 Diesel.
Old 18th May 2014, 21:13   #905
BHPian

Car - XUV 500

which OBD II ELM 327 v1.5 device should I buy??

There is a plethora of devices and it makes it so confusing....There are v2.1 devices also.

The same devices cost Rs. 500 on dx.com or aliexpress.com but Rs. 1200-1500 on ebay ??

Confusing...

Can someone give clarity?
Old 18th May 2014, 21:26   #906
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
There is a plethora of devices and it makes it so confusing. There are v2.1 devices also.
To clear the confusion here:

>> Software Rev v2.1

>> Hardware Rev v1.5 (there is no hardware v2.1 in market, its only software rev v2.1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIndian View Post
The same devices cost Rs. 500 on dx.com or aliexpress.com but Rs. 1200-1500 on ebay ??
Stick to Ebay.in and check for the post no.900 by me in the previous page that mentions the link of purchase to the device.

Anurag.
Old 18th May 2014, 22:30   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
For the Tata Nano buy an ELM 327 OBD II reader (Check the previous page, Post No.: 900 for the link) and Torque App from Google play store.

Do you have any idea if the Ikon has any 16-pin connector?

Anurag.
Need to check as the car isn't with me now. So if it has a 16 pin connector then the same scanner will work?

And thanks for the reply!
Old 19th May 2014, 06:48   #908
BANNED

Quote:

Need to check as the car isn't with me now. So if it has a 16 pin connector then the same scanner will work?

And thanks for the reply!
Please do check and if the connector is present then it should work as your car is 2012 manufactured. OBD 2 compliant cars started from 2010.

Anurag.
Old 19th May 2014, 09:18   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford Ikon is OBD-II compliant (one of the advantages of American cars). You can use the same scanner.
Quote:
For the Ikon this setup will not work as the Ikon is not OBD 2 compliant since it was manufactured in 2000. Cars made from and after 2010 are OBD 2 compliant. But there are some cars that do work with this setup - Do you have any idea if the Ikon has any 16-pin connector
Please check my reply to post #883 on page 59

Last edited by silversteed : 19th May 2014 at 09:23.
Old 23rd May 2014, 11:42   #910
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Has anyone used this device?

http://gpstracker.net.in/MV4.html

It's a plug-and-play GPS tracker that uses the car's OBD II port. So the installation is very simple, it draws only a small amount of power through the port and can be installed in a different car in a matter of seconds.

One possible drawback is the fact that a potential thief can spot it rather easily, as it is plugged into the OBD II port. For cars with a well hidden port, this should not be a big issue. Even for cars with a semi-hidden port, one can use an OBD extension cable to keep the device concealed.

Which brings us to the second possible drawback, which is signal strength. Since it has internal antennas for both GPS and GSM/GPRS signals, the signal strength may not be strong enough in certain locations (if kept in a well concealed place).

Still, the device looks promising. It costs less than 4k rupees, and tracking is free for the lifetime of the device. One only has to pay the network charges of the SIM card of one's choosing.

Also, has anyone bought any device from the seller through that site? Is he reliable? I'm thinking of purchasing a plug-and-play OBD II based GPS tracker from him.

Last edited by RSR : 23rd May 2014 at 11:44.
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:03   #911
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes almost all new cars have these located mostly under dash board. However the protocol vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. I had bought one of these devices but it did not work on Suzuki and worked on some other car that my friend tried on. I think it was a Ford
sudev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:20   #912
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Still, the device looks promising. It costs less than 4k rupees, and tracking is free for the lifetime of the device. One only has to pay the network charges of the SIM card of one's choosing.

Also, has anyone bought any device from the seller through that site? Is he reliable? I'm thinking of purchasing a plug-and-play OBD II based GPS tracker from him.
Seems to be a nice equipment. Please contact the seller with your cars model + make so that your doubly sure that thing will work after it is delivered else that money is a waste.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 12:31   #913
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudev View Post
I had bought one of these devices but it did not work on Suzuki and worked on some other car that my friend tried on. I think it was a Ford.
Thanks!

I guess Suzukis manufactured before a particular date use a proprietary protocol (even if they use a common OBD II port), and many OBD devices have had issues on them.

So is the device worth a buy?

I hope the seller is reliable. From the site, he looks to have been in business for quite a while, and doesn't seem like a fly-by-night operator. He has also shared the physical address of his office (it's in Hyderabad) and telephone number. If he was located in Chennai, I would have gone to his place and bought it from him in person.

I'm all set to buy the device from him. I hope it does the job as claimed.

Quote:
Seems to be a nice equipment. Please contact the seller with your cars model + make so that your doubly sure that thing will work after it is delivered else that money is a waste.
Thank you, I'll do it before making the purchase.

Last edited by RSR : 23rd May 2014 at 12:35.
Old 23rd May 2014, 13:33   #914
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
He has also shared the physical address of his office (it's in Hyderabad) and telephone number. If he was located in Chennai, I would have gone to his place and bought it from him in person.
Will try and visit this sellers address as you said it is from Hyderabad.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2014, 14:23   #915
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Will try and visit this sellers address as you said it is from Hyderabad.

Anurag.
Thank you, Anurag! But please don't bother if it's far from your location (Gautami Nagar, Meerpet), or if you are not interested in his GPS devices yourself.

He looks trustworthy enough to me. I'll contact him in the near future before making a purchase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks