Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2010, 07:08   #196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravin Kumar KR View Post
Hi everybody, I have found out the Diagnostic connector for the Linea 1.3 Multijet. It is in the driver side fuse box located in the last row. It has 16 pins but the shape is not that of OBD-II. Any idea what it could be? A similar looking port photo has been attached.

Thanks
It is an OBDII shape. It has 16 pins. It is OK.
Old 2nd March 2010, 11:47   #197
Senior - BHPian

has anyone gotten the OBD II working on an Indica/Indigo?
Old 18th March 2010, 02:09   #198
BHPian

Hey guys, still looking for something like scanguage that would work on a swift petrol. I basically want the o2 sensor reading for afr and the fuel spent as in injector pulse width! Anysolution available? The only thing i have been able to find is a chinese scanner called launch x-431 which costs about 2Lacs and others in similar range! i want something that gives me the calibrated outputs from sensors in real time.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:53   #199
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
has anyone gotten the OBD II working on an Indica/Indigo?
I have thanks to you to identify the scoket.

Take a look:

Yahoo! Groups
Old 18th March 2010, 22:03   #200
BHPian

Does anybody know about the diagnostic in Spark ? The connector is OBDII shape, but the pins don't match any of the protocols I've read on Wikipedia.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:53   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed0mania View Post
Hey guys, still looking for something like scanguage that would work on a swift petrol. I basically want the o2 sensor reading for afr and the fuel spent as in injector pulse width! Anysolution available? The only thing i have been able to find is a chinese scanner called launch x-431 which costs about 2Lacs and others in similar range! i want something that gives me the calibrated outputs from sensors in real time.
You had any luck with Swift Petrol? Even I'm in search for one for a long time.
According to this Swift works with Tech2 scanner.
Old 20th April 2010, 14:58   #202
BHPian

Hey wmanu, well no luck per say! Tech -II is a tool that was used by the maruti guys, and costs a few lacs but even they use a newer tool called SBD now, did get to use that and check it out but no affordable solution for the same, also tried a chinese obd handheld reader which recognised the protocol as kwp-2000 but couldnt give live data stream and gave fixed values. it worked on the optra though and recognised the same protocol. Still trying, will let you know if i get any success.
Old 20th April 2010, 15:14   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
You had any luck with Swift Petrol? Even I'm in search for one for a long time. According to this Swift works with Tech2 scanner.
Hi, yes, you'll need a Tech2 for the Swift. Tech2 is actually the original GM name for the diagnostic tool - it's called the 'Suzuki Diagnostic Tool/Kit' now (costs ~3.5 lakhs or so). I have the user manual for the Tech2, but it's ~8MB & I'm not sure if I can upload it here.

I'd contacted iRide a very long time ago regarding compatibility of their ELM OBD-II scanners with cars like the Swift & the Alto - they'd replied that the Maruti/Suzuki protocol is not OBD-II, but ALDL/OBD-I (the connector however is OBD-II !?!). You can download applications like WinALDL or TTS-DataMaster (depending on the baud rate) for reading the data stream, but you'll need the cable (can be bought online) & interface (bought online or DIY) to your carputer.

Last edited by im_srini : 20th April 2010 at 15:26.
Old 20th April 2010, 16:34   #204
BHPian

@speed0mania: Thanks for the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi, yes, you'll need a Tech2 for the Swift. Tech2 is actually the original GM name for the diagnostic tool - it's called the 'Suzuki Diagnostic Tool/Kit' now (costs ~3.5 lakhs or so). I have the user manual for the Tech2, but it's ~8MB & I'm not sure if I can upload it here.

I'd contacted iRide a very long time ago regarding compatibility of their ELM OBD-II scanners with cars like the Swift & the Alto - they'd replied that the Maruti/Suzuki protocol is not OBD-II, but ALDL/OBD-I (the connector however is OBD-II !?!). You can download applications like WinALDL or TTS-DataMaster (depending on the baud rate) for reading the data stream, but you'll need the cable (can be bought online) & interface (bought online or DIY) to your carputer.
Srini, so what you are saying is if we have OBD-II connector from iRide or this and get WinALDL or TTS-DataMaster, we should be able to get the Swift data on CarPC screen? Or did I misread you?

Last edited by wmanu : 20th April 2010 at 16:41.
Old 20th April 2010, 21:12   #205
Senior - BHPian

ALDL huh? There might be something available for you guys:
GM OBD1 Pre-1996 : Moates.Net

If any of you can spare around 4000 bucks, go ahead and try this.
Old 21st April 2010, 00:41   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmanu View Post
Srini, so what you are saying is if we have OBD-II connector from iRide or this and get WinALDL or TTS-DataMaster, we should be able to get the Swift data on CarPC screen? Or did I misread you?
Pretty much... Since iRide's response wasn't definitive I got this from here. Although the cable arrived, I didn't take it further since, A) I'd gotten an Innovate wide-band kit in the meantime (I was looking for AFR values alone), & B) I decided to go down the standalone ECU route. The connector is OBD-II, but as I understand it, the protocol is ALDL/OBD-I. I think the baud rate is 8192, so you'd have to use TTS-DataMaster. I'd suggest that you contact iRide directly, in case they have anything for the Swift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
ALDL huh? There might be something available for you guys: GM OBD1 Pre-1996 : Moates.Net If any of you can spare around 4000 bucks, go ahead and try this.
Hi Pranav, thanks a bunch... Your DIY prep stuff is an inspiration (just bought an Eastwood P&P kit myself).

Last edited by im_srini : 21st April 2010 at 00:42.
Old 28th April 2010, 10:26   #207
BHPian

Connector for OBDII in Swift Diesel

I was trying to find out what connector my 08 Model Swift VDi has and took a snap of it. This seems to be an ISO format OBDII connector since the pins 4,5,6,7,14 and 16 are connected. How different is this from the non ABS Swift diesels and the new Ritz diesel connectors? Does anybody have a snap of the Ritz diesel or non ABS Swift diesel connector?
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-closeup.jpg  

Old 1st May 2010, 22:43   #208
BHPian

Suzuki Ritz Diesel ABS OBD Port

mtnrajdeep, I have attached the OBD port of Suzuki Ritz Diesel (ABS). It's same as yours.

Going through this forum to identify compatible OBD Hardware and Software.
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-img_0234.jpg  

Old 2nd May 2010, 20:17   #209
BHPian

Kannan:

From what I think, this may be the standard OBD II connectors. My guess is that since Scangauge works directly, it is the ISO protocol which scangauge can detect and read automatically. So, any software that can read ISO + CAN should work.
Old 7th October 2010, 15:10   #210
Senior - BHPian

Update from iRide team. This is from a mail from them.Hope this helps.

//

Introducing our new range of Scantools for OBD-II compliant Indian Vehicles.
Now you can perform engine diagnostics, read live sensor data, clear the check engine light and more ! //

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks