Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 09:50   #391
Senior - BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Can someone confirm if ScanGauge II works well on 2006 Civic. These cars do not have a trip computer and I was interested in getting instantaneous fuel consumption, average consumption and other such parameters. Also, how can we get this in India.

I also saw the below mentioned product in DX at around 100$. Is this any good or is it better to go with scangauge
A301 ? - ?????
Old 25th November 2011, 14:44   #392
Senior - BHPian

Could not wait any longer, went ahead and ordered the V-Checker from DealExtreme for $104. Praying that it works well. Saw some good reviews on Youtube and decided to go ahead.
A301 Vehicle Car OBD Multi-Function Trip Computer - Black (3.0" LCD) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Will update the thread when I get this in hand
Old 12th December 2011, 17:14   #393
BHPian

I am Aasim, owner of a used 2007 Suzuki Swift VXi, which has completed 43k kms.
I am using my cousins account here because i've tried 3 times but couldn't get accepted by the admin.

Back to the query, I ordered a Bluetooth ELM 327 worth $22 from Dealextreme.com it just arrived & I immediately went downstairs to my parking lot to try it... I had a little problem finding the connector but it was easy from then on.

I am using Torque (Free) on my Motorola Xoom(First Paired it with the OBD tool), Honeycomb 3.2.0, Went into Torque's option selected the bluetooth device and it did some tests, lights flashed on the tools and a few seconds later go message Connected to ECU OK
I had configured the app to show display of different things such as speed, accelerator %, Engine Temp, Coolant Temp, Revs, Avg etc none of them work except for speed which was set to GPS & not OBD

There are a few options in torque that says to tick it if facing problem connecting, I tried that but still nothing.

What should i do? Should i try a different app?
Old 12th December 2011, 19:41   #394
Senior - BHPian

Got the V-checker and install was a breeze on the Civic. Now my Civic displays all needed info.
Old 17th December 2011, 17:08   #395

ODB II ELM 327 + Alto

Hi , As searching didn't really turn up any decent results , i decided to create a new thread.

Planning to pick up a ODB II ELM 327 bluetooth from DX. Would like to connect it with my tablet. However i've heard that these do not work with Maruti vehicles.

Could someone shed some light on the matter ? It is a 2007 model Alto.
Old 24th December 2011, 15:11   #396
BHPian

I am looking for a OBD for my Swift 1.3 (2008) . I am also interested in ODB II ELM 327 bluetooth.Anyone has any idea if it would work with swift.
Any other suggestions for OBD in swift welcome.
Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 18:05   #397
BHPian

^^Standard OBD tools work only in newer Swift with K series engine and none works with the ddis engine :( .
Old 24th December 2011, 19:18   #398
BHPian

Anybody using any kind of OBD on OHC?
Let me know pl
Old 25th December 2011, 10:51   #399
BHPian

Used ELM 327 Bluetooth (Ebay approx $15 incl. delivery) + Torque (Free App) on Android on Civic AT. Works great!
d_himan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2012, 23:06   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
Used ELM 327 Bluetooth (Ebay approx $15 incl. delivery) + Torque (Free App) on Android on Civic AT. Works great!
The above combo works flawlessly for the i10 1.2 VTVT AT also.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:01   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinu2506 View Post
Got the V-checker and install was a breeze on the Civic. Now my Civic displays all needed info.
Hi Dinu,

Would it be possible for you to post a video of the V-checker in action?
Which version is it? A301?

Also would like to see how you have placed it, relative size and so on.

Cheers.
Old 21st February 2012, 15:38   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
Hi Dinu,

Would it be possible for you to post a video of the V-checker in action?
Which version is it? A301?

Also would like to see how you have placed it, relative size and so on.

Cheers.
I actually mounted it on the sliding lid between the gear lever and the cig lighter socket. It looks the least messy there as we can route the wire to the OBDII port easily. The visibility is also quite nice.
Being a relatively unknown brand, I was quite skeptical, but I should say the little fellow is pretty good with loads of information available (much more than I what I need) - fuel consumption (instant, average, history), engine temp, air intake temp, battery voltage, throttle position etc to name a very few. Also utilities like maintenance reminders, acceleration tests (0-100, 0-400meters) etc etc.
There is also a facility to tweak the algorithm for fuel consumption. If you see that the displayed consumption is not correct, you can actually do a full tank to tank to get the correct consumption and then input the correction into the algorithm. From then on the fule consumption displays the correct value.
Overall I'm extremely happy with this.
Videos, hmm, not sure as I normally drive alone, will try and send some snaps.
Yes, it is the A301
Old 21st February 2012, 16:19   #403
BHPian

Quote:
I actually mounted it on the sliding lid between the gear lever and the cig lighter socket. It looks the least messy there as we can route the wire to the OBDII port easily. The visibility is also quite nice.
Being a relatively unknown brand, I was quite skeptical, but I should say the little fellow is pretty good with loads of information available (much more than I what I need) - fuel consumption (instant, average, history), engine temp, air intake temp, battery voltage, throttle position etc to name a very few. Also utilities like maintenance reminders, acceleration tests (0-100, 0-400meters) etc etc.
There is also a facility to tweak the algorithm for fuel consumption. If you see that the displayed consumption is not correct, you can actually do a full tank to tank to get the correct consumption and then input the correction into the algorithm. From then on the fule consumption displays the correct value.
Yes, it is the A301
OK - thanks for the info. I have a fair idea of the location

I've been looking at the Edge Insight CTS - it's similar, but with a colour screen, customisable gauges, customisable backgrounds and so on.

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-edge83830_large.jpg

Click here for more info on Edge Insight
Problem is, to spend US $ 400 (plus whatever extra for shipping and customs) - and not even know if it's going to work properly for the vehicle.
I wonder if any BHPian is going to take the plunge.

Other option I was looking at was getting a PLX Kiwi Wi-Fi OBD II tool - small device, just plugs into the OBD port and creates a Wi-Fi network. On your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad, just connect to the network, download an app (like Dash Command or Rev) and you're good to go.

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-kiwi_wifi_retail_box.jpg

More info on the Kiwi is here.
Old 21st February 2012, 18:25   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynomite View Post
I've been looking at the Edge Insight CTS - it's similar, but with a colour screen, customisable gauges, customisable backgrounds and so on.

Attachment 891884

Click here for more info on Edge Insight
Problem is, to spend US $ 400 (plus whatever extra for shipping and customs) - and not even know if it's going to work properly for the vehicle.
I wonder if any BHPian is going to take the plunge.
Before you order, make sure about the Metrics.
Seems like it displays only MPH & MPG(as per the pic n site).
What you really require is KMPH & KMPL.

I had a scangauge II earlier, the only issue with it was, it didn't display F.E in KMPL (scangauge e displays KMPL), it displayed LPH(liters/hr) LHK(lites/100Km) etc
sushrutha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 17:17   #405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it is the A301
As promised, here are some pictures of the V Checker installed in my Civic.
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-dsc_2562.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-dsc_2563.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-dsc_2565.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-dsc_2557.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-dsc_2561.jpg  

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-dsc_2560.jpg  

dinu2506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks