Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2013, 09:16   #586
BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Guys, anyone wants to test the blue coloured Chinese imported OBD 2 bluetooth scanner, I will be happy to share mine with you. This will help you check if it works before you place order for it.
Old 7th June 2013, 10:14   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
Guys, anyone wants to test the blue coloured Chinese imported OBD 2 bluetooth scanner, I will be happy to share mine with you. This will help you check if it works before you place order for it.
Thanks a really great idea. Im from Bangalore. I too can lend mine to quickly check out the compatibility. You can meet me on ORR from Nagwara to Bellandur.

PM me to synchronize.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:06   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohitkumaar View Post
I just checked these on ebay.in and Ebay.com and Seems the pricing varies a lot.
However I think still buying it @ Rs.999 from Indian Seller is better cause my international packets have been stolen many times if they are sent without Tracking number which is chargeable service from these sellers.
Ebay India Item is listed Here for anyone interested.

Can you please post or PM the price of the OBD 2 Bluetooth Scanner I feel like buying one soon.

Last edited by ghpk : 7th June 2013 at 18:11.
Old 7th June 2013, 18:12   #589
BHPian

I am not selling it. I can lend it to you to test it if you are in Delhi! I got mine from Aliexpress using the link posted in this thread only! Mine came for around 600 Rs from HongKong.
Old 16th June 2013, 19:23   #590
BHPian

Hi guys, does anyone know where the OBD port is located in a 2007 Tata Indica Petrol? I have a check engine light ON and want to decode the error!

Thanks!
Old 16th June 2013, 23:17   #591
Senior - BHPian

beware ! 90% of elm327 sold online are cheap Chinese imitation and will not provide accurate info or any info for that matter.

i am also in search for a good solution. So far scanguage is the option but price difference in US and here is shamelessly high. looking for someone to bring it here.
Old 1st July 2013, 20:16   #592
BHPian

SirAlec you are right, most of them are chinese with old version of ELM (v1.2) programmed on Motorola EEPROM and hacked to display v1.5a. I have got one from DX.
I was wondering if we buy original ELM chip and put it in the chinese ELM, it should work and give accurate results because other parts on the circuit board are of good quality.
Old 24th July 2013, 12:58   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

I got an ELM327 USB interface from Ebay and tried it on my cars. It works well with the WagonR K10, but did not work with my SX4. Anyone tried it out in the Type-2 SX4? The one without OBDII Compliance. Though my wagonR is not OBD II Compliant, I could read data flawlessly. Here are some screenshots:

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-1.jpg

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-2.jpg

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-3.jpg

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-4.jpg

The communication seems to stop after sometime. Is there any setting that has to be reconfigured to prevent this?

Last edited by audioholic : 24th July 2013 at 13:05.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 13:25   #594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Though my wagonR is not OBD II Compliant, I could read data flawlessly.
All Marutis with the 'K' series engines are OBDII compliant. The older ones have their own proprietary protocol.
Old 24th July 2013, 13:41   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Wasn't the WagonR made OBD 2 compliant just recently with the launch of the refresh? Thats why I thought it wasn't. Moreover it says that the ECU is EOBD with ISO15765 or something which is mentioned in the first screenshot.
Old 25th July 2013, 15:13   #596
BHPian

Is SX4 Diesel 2012 model OBD II compliant. Is there any place in Delhi or NCR from where i can go and buy this equipment? Not very comfortable using my card online.

Thanks

Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchitBadola View Post
Hi, Best Solution IMO: Get a Bluetooth OBD II device for aroun 13 $ and use your android phone with it. (Cheap and Best)

Archit
Hi Archit,

Thanks for the information, could you please let me me the source from where i can get it for 13$?

Note from Support - Please use the Multi-Quote option to reply to multiple posts instead of submitting back-to-back posts.

Last edited by n_aditya : 25th July 2013 at 20:23. Reason: posts merged
Old 26th July 2013, 09:52   #597
BHPian

Anyone want to check their ECU code on my scanner, please feel free to call me.
My scanner, as mentioned in the previous posts can scan all 'indian' cars, including maruti, tata, hyundai etc.
Old 26th July 2013, 17:22   #598
Distinguished - BHPian

I have been having a good time reading values from my car. A sample run can be tabulated like this:
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-graph-summary.jpg

However, I have been facing an issue. After a certain amount of time, the reading stops, ie all values go to zero. After this, I cannot restart reading, nor can I disconnect the ELM reader. I have to save the values and then kill the application using Task manager. Anyone else faced similar issue? Any workaround for this?
Old 26th July 2013, 18:11   #599
Senior - BHPian

I bought one from ebay and it doesnt work on my A-star or Vento. Would have been good if one could try them locally
Old 26th July 2013, 19:05   #600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
However, I have been facing an issue. After a certain amount of time, the reading stops, ie all values go to zero. After this, I cannot restart reading, nor can I disconnect the ELM reader. I have to save the values and then kill the application using Task manager. Anyone else faced similar issue? Any workaround for this?
Same problem I am encountering too, not able to solve the issue. Its very random to diagnose.

Most Viewed