Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 21:32   #646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post

Hi bigben, it doesn't work with 2008 and 2009 Vista QJD. But works fine in my cousin's 2011 Vista.

Anyway just give a try, in case if you are able to meet Anurag.
Am meeting up with him tomorrow. So hopefully over the weekend I will post a response about the compatibility. I just hope and pray that it works.
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:49   #647
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun.K View Post

Hi bigben, it doesn't work with 2008 and 2009 Vista QJD. But works fine in my cousin's 2011 Vista.

Anyway just give a try, in case if you are able to meet Anurag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
Am meeting up with him tomorrow.
Handed the OBD II reader to BigBen.

We tried pairing the reader to the phone which successful but it was not getting any response from the ECU. It was displaying "Waiting for connection from ECU!"

Let's wait for the weekend for a report from bigben. All the best buddy and happy reading the ECU if you can.

My suggestion: Try using an Android smartphone first rather than a Tab. Is it Tab 2? If I remember vaguely 'Ian Hopkins' (maker of the Torque App) told me that the Tab has a problem in using the software. Will ask him again and confirm.

OT: Your car looks fantastic and drool worthy. The color and alloys are fabulous. You have a great taste. Nice meeting you by the way. See you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwasvr View Post
I am using Vgate OBDII adapter. It works fine on Hyundai i10, VW Polo, Ford Figo. But I am unable to connect it on Toyota Innova and Toyota Fortuner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kousik View Post
Actually after reading all the web forums, I'm not that hopeful but at the same time it wouldn't hurt to try.
Quote:
I read that Toyota uses m-obd (multiplex obd). So obdII is not compatible with Toyota.
I had a short chat with the SA who deals with my Ritz in the A.S.S. He says that the SDT that they use is compatible with Suzuki, GM and Toyota cars. The SDT earlier used to be having Toyota badge on the equipment but recently it was made specific to manufacturers.

Want to lay my hands on a SDT. Trying to find one. Tried asking the SA but he says it is not avaliable that easily and the software gets updated frequently so a old SDT may be give out all data. I have seen website selling the SDT and the software but skeptical to try one.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 2nd November 2013 at 01:59.
Old 2nd November 2013, 14:25   #648
BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I had a short chat with the SA who deals with my Ritz in the A.S.S. He says that the SDT that they use is compatible with Suzuki, GM and Toyota cars. The SDT earlier used to be having Toyota badge on the equipment but recently it was made specific to manufacturers.

Want to lay my hands on a SDT. Trying to find one. Tried asking the SA but he says it is not avaliable that easily and the software gets updated frequently so a old SDT may be give out all data. I have seen website selling the SDT and the software but skeptical to try one.

Anurag.
I have this one bought from Aliexpress only. Works beautifully. The touchscreen is resistive and requires a bit of pressure. The manufacturer specific software comes in a CF card. If you need to upgrade the software you will have to buy a new CF with loaded software from the vendor.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-...640099094.html
Old 2nd November 2013, 17:09   #649
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
I have this one bought from Aliexpress only. Works beautifully. The touchscreen is resistive and requires a bit of pressure. The manufacturer specific software comes in a CF card. If you need to upgrade the software you will have to buy a new CF with loaded software from the vendor.
My hands are itching to buy one buy 22K on this is a bit too steep for my levels of studying.

Wish you were in Hyderabad, I would have plugged my Ritz VDi to that and checked it regularly.

What car do you own and what field of work are you into that you bought that instrument?

Anurag.
Old 4th November 2013, 18:11   #650
BHPian

Ok folks I checked and it was not reading the ECU on my 2009 vista. I did connect it to my bro's 2010 manza and it connected. So I guess mine is pre OBD II .

My sincere thanks to Anurag for driving all the way and meeting up with me and trusting me with his OBD connector. Thanks buddy. If it was not for you I would have invested in something which would not have been compatible with my car.
Let me know when we can meet up so that I can hand it back to you.
Old 9th November 2013, 00:11   #651
BHPian

Can someone guide me whether Honda Civic Jan 2008 model VAT (Auto Trannsmission) is OBDII compatible or not? I would like to buy a bluetooth OBDII scanner if this vehicle is compatible. Gurus, please help.

Also, any specific model of scanner that you recommend buying or any ELM 327 model will work? Mini or normal?
Old 9th November 2013, 00:20   #652
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek5870 View Post
Can someone guide me whether Honda Civic Jan 2008 model VAT (Auto Trannsmission) is OBDII compatible or not? I would like to buy a bluetooth OBDII scanner if this vehicle is compatible. Gurus, please help.

Also, any specific model of scanner that you recommend buying or any ELM 327 model will work? Mini or normal?
OBD - II is for vehicles post 2009, mid-2009 I guess. So I doubt it will work.

Why don't you try contacting any Team-BHP'ian in your city, if they have one try it. If it works buy one else save the money. Else ask your SA as they definitely know about the compliance.

All the Best and do update if you get to know

Anurag.
Old 9th November 2013, 00:25   #653
BHPian

Quote:
OBD - II is for vehicles post 2009, mid-2009 I guess. So I doubt it will work.

Why don't you try contacting any Team-BHP'ian in your city, if they have one try it. If it works buy one else save the money. Else ask your SA as they definitely know about the compliance.

All the Best and do update if you get to know

Anurag.
Thanks for the prompt reply Anurag. I did check with the SA, however they have no clue whether the port is OBDII compliant or not. They simply say that they have HDS and they connect and scan the car with it.

I do not know anyone from Delhi NCR who has a OBD II scanner. Do you know anyone who has one? I am putting up at Vaishali and anyone from Noida, East Delhi or Indirapuram will work for me. I can get in touch with them.
Old 9th November 2013, 00:36   #654
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the prompt reply Anurag. I did check with the SA, however they have no clue whether the port is OBDII compliant or not. They simply say that they have HDS and they connect and scan the car with it.
The SA doesn't know whether the car is OBD II or not? Contact their head and see what you get.

Have you seen the diagnostic tool that they use?

I guess it must be a non OBD - II compliant.

Anurag.
Old 9th November 2013, 00:40   #655
BHPian

Quote:
The SA doesn't know whether the car is OBD II or not? Contact their head and see what you get.

Have you seen the diagnostic tool that they use?

I guess it must be a non OBD - II compliant.

Anurag.
Yes Anurag, checked with 2 SAs from 2 different HA SS and both had no clue and they are considered to be senior technicians out there. :( I also asked them if there is someone who can guide me on this and they had no clue to whom they should route me to.

Honda has a proprietary Honda Diagnostic System (HDS). Don't have more details on their system.

BTW, if I get my car scanned at HA SS, any idea what are their charges, forgot to ask them today. Also, any idea what would be the charge if I get the car scanned from an independent Car Scan outlet?
Old 9th November 2013, 00:51   #656
BANNED

Quote:
Honda has a proprietary Honda Diagnostic System (HDS). Don't have more details on their system.
Yes that is correct as every company their specific ECU programming and error codes written. So it is dependant on company to company.

Quote:
BTW, if I get my car scanned at HA SS, any idea what are their charges, forgot to ask them today. Also, any idea what would be the charge if I get the car scanned from an independent Car Scan outlet?
Expect it to be between Rs 400-600.

I have found a few pictures of the OBD port. Just check whether it exist in the shown area or no?!

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2583040

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-100_0077.jpg

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/mecha...connector.html

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-dlc.jpg

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-scangaugeii1.jpg

------------------------------

Just check the below link. I am not sure of the authenticity of the information but just a read.

http://www.outilsobdfacile.com/vehic...hp?brand=honda

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 09:02   #657
BHPian

Quote:

Yes Anurag, checked with 2 SAs from 2 different HA SS and both had no clue and they are considered to be senior technicians out there. :( I also asked them if there is someone who can guide me on this and they had no clue to whom they should route me to.

I have an Amaze and the obd port is above and on left side of clutch pedal. Not easily accessible, have to bend down completely!
Though it is likely that your car is not obd2 compliant (pre 2009).
Just try checking for a 16 pin connector.
Old 9th November 2013, 13:30   #658
BHPian

Quote:
I read that Toyota uses m-obd (multiplex obd). So obdII is not compatible with Toyota.

Thanks for replying!

Cheers!
I am not so sure about that. Take a look at this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3010453

The OBD2 adapter mentioned in the above post works perfectly in Toyota Etios as claimed by amalji.

Last edited by Apple Master : 9th November 2013 at 13:39.
Old 12th November 2013, 16:57   #659
BHPian

Quote:
I do not know anyone from Delhi NCR who has a OBD II scanner. Do you know anyone who has one? I am putting up at Vaishali and anyone from Noida, East Delhi or Indirapuram will work for me. I can get in touch with them.
I am in Delhi, Rohini to be precise and have the bluetooth OBD scanner. PM me if you want to test it in your car.
Old 14th November 2013, 15:12   #660
Team-BHP Support

I just fixed an EM 327 on my Chevy Sail UVA.

It shows me readings for engine load and air intake temperature.

Should it immediately show the values for mileage etc or do I need to drive around a bit before that comes up?
Right now it says data not available.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks