Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 11:53   #706
Team-BHP Support

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
If i remember correct it has app for Win mob also in the CD, i downloaded the paid Torque app and then later realized that is included in the CD enclosed
It must be for the older Windows Mobile platform. The Lumia devices are based on the Windows Phone platform.

Anyhow, I shall download a few apps on the Lumia and give it a try.
Old 18th November 2013, 12:02   #707
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
It must be for the older Windows Mobile platform. The Lumia devices are based on the Windows Phone platform.

Anyhow, I shall download a few apps on the Lumia and give it a try.
I am aware of new win phone platform, let me just double check and confirm its older one or the new. iOS and android also it had the file, so you never know.
Jaggu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2013, 19:40   #708
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
No accelerator input------------------ 90.3 KMPL (Don't know what the ECU is thinking)

The above screen shot is for you!
Thanks! Frankly, I was a little astonished when I first saw this figure.

Easily achievable though while coasting/coming downhill/without acc input (as you said).
Old 18th November 2013, 19:55   #709
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

Easily achievable though while coasting/coming downhill/without acc input (as you said).
On this matter isn't this what Auto's follow regularly? They accelerate to the comfortable speed and just let it cost without any throttle input or worst just hold the clutch and glide and once the speed is needed to be increased the clutch is released.

Anurag.
Old 18th November 2013, 20:20   #710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
On this matter isn't this what Auto's follow regularly? They accelerate to the comfortable speed and just let it cost without any throttle input or worst just hold the clutch and glide and once the speed is needed to be increased the clutch is released.

Anurag.
Yup, observed it many times. Even cabbies do the same. They are a step ahead in fact. Seen a few who skip a gear all together! Start off in 2nd and move straight to 4!

And so as not to confuse anyone, we are just discussing instanteneous FE figures here, not avg.
Old 19th November 2013, 08:48   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post

This happens on fun2drive app by Bosch if the vehicle profile is not correct. I had set the profile for VW Polo 1.2 TDI in the app but had connected the OBDII onto an i10 automatic petrol. And I was shocked to see fuel economy of 40kmpl!

Took me awhile to figure what's wrong and then I changed the vehicle profile to i10 automatic and gave a realistic economy of ~10kmpl in city traffic!
Old 19th November 2013, 14:18   #712
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to pick the OBDII bluetooth adapter.
Is it compatible with 2009 Fiat MJD's??
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:28   #713
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Slightly off topic - the ELM 347bluetooth dongle when I fitted into my 2011 SX4 ZXI VVT BS4, this is how it looked - ugly! Its hinders into the A-pedal/ right foot movement and ingress/ egress.

Clearly, manufacturer never expected to drive vehicle with any such diagnostic things attached there! So if i have to just use this while vehicle is stationary, its not great use
Hello Abirnale,

I have bought a mini ELM 327 Adaptor from Ebay for my sx4 vvt. It's very small and does not interfere with leg movements. It works very well with SX4.
http://www.ebay.in/itm/111193354036?...84.m1497.l2649
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-20131122_205740_resized.jpg  

S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:30   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Hello Abirnale,

I have bought a mini ELM 327 Adaptor from Ebay for my sx4 vvt. It's very small and does not interfere with leg movements. It works very well with SX4.
Yes, great. Thanks for the update. I did not buy it thinking that its v1.5 and may not support SX4. but since you have used it and works, I will get that and put mine in classified
Old 23rd November 2013, 01:15   #715

VW polo 2010 1.2(P): No vehicle speed reading from OBD port

Hi BHPians,

Need your help on reading reported by OBD device.

I own a VW Polo Comfortline 2010 model 1.2L Petrol. I bought ELM 327 (OBD II) recently and was able to connect this OBD device with my car. I got REV, coolant temp, Engine Load, etc reading on Torque App (Paid).

But the problem is that vehicle speed reading was not reported in the Torque app, though car speedometer is working fine. I am able to see "Vehicle Speed" in Available Sensor in Torque App menu. (So I assume Polo reports Vehicle Speed via OBD port).

There we no fault codes stored in ECU though. I tired below alternatives:

1. Used other apps like fun2drive, CarGauge Lite .. but still same issue. Vehicle speed not reported.
2. Added custom PID sensor value in Torque app. PID= 01 0D (this is for Vehicle Speed), but still no luck. I am getting response with value 0 from this setting but it is stuck to 0 (checked when car was in motion ). To verify if the PID is correctly configured, (for testing) I gave 00 0X as PID value, and the sensor response was "No response", which is right. No sensor is available with PID=00 0X. So response with Value =0 and PID=01 0D is coming from ECU/OBD port.
3. Asked ebay seller to provide other OBD device. Got this new device, but still same issue with above steps as well.

Tried with below OBD devices:
1st OBD device: ELM 327
2nd OBD device: ELM 327 with ON/OFF Switch

Wanted to know if any polo owners are also facing same issue i.e. no speed readings reported by OBD device/port?

Also need experts advice, what other things I can try to find root cause of this issue?

Regards,
Siddharth
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:09   #716
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I am aware of new win phone platform, let me just double check and confirm its older one or the new. iOS and android also it had the file, so you never know.
Jaggu, I received the module yesterday evening. The one posted on the snap above. Works as advertised on the GT TDI. We did not tinker with it much. We quickly tested the module using Fun2Drive on my roomie's Nexus 5 just to confirm that the module isn’t DOA before I pass on the rating to the eBay dealer. Shall post some detailed report, snaps and snapshots on the ownership thread later.

And yes, the mini-disc had the software for Windows Mobile not WP.
Old 26th November 2013, 15:18   #717

For all those technology addicts cum driving enthusiasts out there, here's another toy, hot of the oven. At $99 its a little pricey, and there are so much more I think that it can do

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/25/automatic-link-amazon/

But its interesting to be able to buy aftermarket accessories that can give you features such as crash alert, driving style optimization tips etc at a fraction of a price that you would pay for an upgrade to a car variant with those features built into it.
Old 28th November 2013, 00:33   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevybeat View Post
For all those technology addicts cum driving enthusiasts out there, here's another toy, hot of the oven. At $99 its a little pricey, and there are so much more I think that it can do

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/25/automatic-link-amazon/

But its interesting to be able to buy aftermarket accessories that can give you features such as crash alert, driving style optimization tips etc at a fraction of a price that you would pay for an upgrade to a car variant with those features built into it.
Just saw it on Wired. pretty cool device. Wonder where they are getting what all those error codes mean. Perhaps, they have read up lots of workshop manuals ?

Quite impressed that it works with Porsche hybrids too !
Old 28th November 2013, 15:42   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
Hello Abirnale,
I actually bought the precisely same dongle and it works well with my SX4! no more hindrances in operating A pedal/ brake. And with my new Nexus 5, the torque app is fun. I am yet to do a full test log of this and get screen shots to post for everyone, but thought of putting this image to show how much more space this gave after fitment. Or rather say nicely sat on the port without any issues. So thanks S5157 for the suggestion.

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-img_0533.jpg

Notice the shoe tip far up than brake pedal. Photo taken from an angle that is probably not right but trust me, this dongle should work best for almost everyone.
Old 16th December 2013, 21:49   #720
BHPian

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. Request the mods to move it to a more appropriate forum if so.

Can anyone tell where the OBD port in a TATA Ace (the two cylinder very first Ace) is?

Regards,
Subramanyam

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks