Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2014, 08:04   #961
BHPian

Anyone had problems physically connecting the ELM OBD scanner to a Skoda fabia 1.2? Yesterday, my friend was complaining that he was not able to insert his scanner since the sides were fouling with the trim. My elm had a thinner outer cover, so we were able to insert. Torque pro worked but the fun2drive app couldn't connect.
Old 7th July 2014, 13:51   #962
BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Anyone had problems physically connecting the ELM OBD scanner to a Skoda fabia 1.2? Yesterday, my friend was complaining that he was not able to insert his scanner since the sides were fouling with the trim. My elm had a thinner outer cover, so we were able to insert. Torque pro worked but the fun2drive app couldn't connect.
Did you connect to Torque PRO first? I have faced this issue on my Polo, if you connect to one app first, the other app fails to detect the adapter. Exit from Torque PRO, bounce the bluetooth, and try to connect with Fun2drive. It works for me in that manner in case of connection errors.
Old 7th July 2014, 14:17   #963
BHPian

Sorry for asking this question again if answered earlier, I am facing issues in reading Safari 3.0 DICOR ECU with my ELM 327. It says ECU not recognized however it can read Battery voltage perfectly. P.S. I am reading the ECU with the software that came with the OBD Cable(Scanmaster ELM). Also, same cable is not reading BMW ECU as well in INPA

Last edited by Ahmed : 7th July 2014 at 14:20.
Old 7th July 2014, 14:46   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Sorry for asking this question again if answered earlier, I am facing issues in reading Safari 3.0 DICOR ECU with my ELM 327. It says ECU not recognized however it can read Battery voltage perfectly. P.S. I am reading the ECU with the software that came with the OBD Cable(Scanmaster ELM). Also, same cable is not reading BMW ECU as well in INPA
AKAIK, TATA Safari is compatible with "OBD CAR Doctor" android app and Torque does not work. If Scanmaster is reading voltage means COM port is right. Same scanmaster needs to be used to scan BMW too.
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2014, 10:19   #965
BHPian

Trying to connect to my Gypsy's OBD port using Torque Pro on the android and a Bluetooth VGATE ELM327 unit.

Device connects properly but ECU light is flashing. Protocol says "Unknown".
Protocol was set to Auto in Settings. Tried manually setting it to ISO9141-2 but still not connecting to ECU.

The earlier Scangauge unit i had used to work perfectly when manually set to ISO9141 protocol.

Has anyone tried this? Someone once said something about "initialization settings" to be sent as a command string?

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 9th July 2014, 18:20   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
AKAIK, TATA Safari is compatible with "OBD CAR Doctor" android app and Torque does not work. If Scanmaster is reading voltage means COM port is right. Same scanmaster needs to be used to scan BMW too.
@ devrajman
On a different topic - have you figured out how to get the readings off the Toyota Innova yet?
I really need help now -as my ABS sensor recently came on - and I want to go prepared to the garage.
Old 10th July 2014, 07:28   #967
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post

I really need help now - as my ABS sensor recently came on - and I want to go prepared to the garage.
I guess Toyota uses a different protocol for ECU reading hence these ELM 327 do not respond well.

Regarding the ABS light, what is current level of brake fluid in the reservoir?!

Anurag.
Old 10th July 2014, 08:26   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Regarding the ABS light, what is current level of brake fluid in the reservoir?!
Brake fluid level is at Max level.
Old 10th July 2014, 08:41   #969
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joybhowmik View Post
as my ABS sensor recently came on - and I want to go prepared to the garage.
Sometimes muck and dirt covered on the ABS sensors mounted near the wheels/discs can cause this issue and trigger the ABS light on the dash. You may have to remove the wheels and clean the sensor to see if the light goes off.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2014, 15:39   #970
BANNED

Hi fellow Bhpians,

Can someone suggest me a good brand of OBD-II scanner(Wi-Fi Variant) that can work with iOS devices and also recommended app for iOS devices.

I would be more greatful if someone can also provide the link for scanner to buy (if available online).

I'm intending to use it in my Figo.

Mods - Please merge this post if this is not the right place to post the query.
Old 19th July 2014, 11:23   #971
BHPian

Hi

I am looking for a OBD for my Scorpio MHawk bought in Dec 2009
I need the OBD to connect to IOS devices ( iphone and ipad2 ) Have read a lot of reviews on the ELM327 . Is this compatible with IOS devices ?
Old 19th July 2014, 14:41   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarkarthi View Post
Hi fellow Bhpians,

Can someone suggest me a good brand of OBD-II scanner(Wi-Fi Variant) that can work with iOS devices and also recommended app for iOS devices.

I would be more greatful if someone can also provide the link for scanner to buy (if available online).

I'm intending to use it in my Figo.

Mods - Please merge this post if this is not the right place to post the query.
As per my opinion VGate iCAR2 WiFi is good device. Stable and fast. Works with Torque and Dash Commander in iOS. Also its works with Figo Petrol and Diesel all models

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga View Post
Hi

I am looking for a OBD for my Scorpio MHawk bought in Dec 2009
I need the OBD to connect to IOS devices ( iphone and ipad2 ) Have read a lot of reviews on the ELM327 . Is this compatible with IOS devices ?
AFAIK, Scorpio MHawk 2009 may not be compatible, best to try and buy. You will need WiFi based for iOS. Details above.

Thanks
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 18:14   #973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Sometimes muck and dirt covered on the ABS sensors mounted near the wheels/discs can cause this issue and trigger the ABS light on the dash. ...
The ABS sensor is a reluctance sensor, and doesn't at all mind being covered with muck and dirt. Ferrous stuff like lathe shavings (may have fallen on the road from a truck loaded with that stuff) might cause an error. The most likely cause of sensor error is loose contact.

If the ABS light goes on, it is better to get it checked, especially if fluid level in the brake fluid reservoir is within limits.
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 21:32   #974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The ABS sensor is a reluctance sensor, and doesn't at all mind being covered with muck and dirt. The most likely cause of sensor error is loose contact.
True, however if muck and dirt are caught between the pole ring and the sensor, it can push the sensor out of its position. The effect being, the spacing between the sensor and the pole ring will be increased beyond its normal operational range. Or worse, the sensor gets damaged.

Depends a bit on the design of the sensor mounts. Some cars are a little more susceptible to it then others.

Jeroen
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:15   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
True, however if muck and dirt are caught between the pole ring and the sensor, it can push the sensor out of its position. ...
While it seems feasible theoretically, in practice the toothed wheel mounted on the wheel (whose teeth the sensor senses) prevents the buildup.

Most Viewed