Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2014, 14:40   #1021
BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Guys! Does ELM327 work on '07 Estilo? And where is the OBDII port located? Thinking of buying one
Old 27th October 2014, 16:18   #1022
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantdlv View Post
Guys! Does ELM327 work on '07 Estilo? And where is the OBDII port located? Thinking of buying one
AFAIK It doesnt work, For Maruti, Petrol K-Series onwards and Latest running Diesel engines are compatible with ELM327
Old 27th October 2014, 18:19   #1023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
AFAIK It doesnt work, For Maruti, Petrol K-Series onwards and Latest running Diesel engines are compatible with ELM327
Thanks for the info buddy! Saved my bucks!
Old 31st October 2014, 11:52   #1024
Senior - BHPian

I have a 2010 August Swift Vdi BS 4.I was planning to buy an ELM 327 OBD2 adaptor.Will it work on my car?
Old 31st October 2014, 12:13   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
I have a 2010 August Swift Vdi BS 4.I was planning to buy an ELM 327 OBD2 adaptor.Will it work on my car?
Nope, AFAIK it doesn't work. Like I mentioned in previous post,
For Maruti, Petrol K-Series onwards and Latest running Diesel engines are compatible with ELM327
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2014, 12:16   #1026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Nope, AFAIK it doesn't work. Like I mentioned in previous post,
For Maruti, Petrol K-Series onwards and Latest running Diesel engines are compatible with ELM327
Thanks devrajman, I was about to order one.
Old 12th November 2014, 21:34   #1027
BHPian

Short Review : Bluetooth OBD Port for my Aveo

*Request to moderators : Please delete/move as necessary*

I ordered a supermini OBD bluetooth adapter for my Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS LTD Edition (2009). I got it from amazon, for Rs. 789 (including shipping to mumbai)
Amazon product (ASIN) # B00ARCW2IE

The adapter is fairly simple to connect & use on the car, the OBD port is located where my left knee would generally be, also no trouble connecting it to my phone via bluetooth

I have used it successfully on a 2013 Wagon R Stingray Vxi(0), but my friend's swift, a 2008(09?) Vxi , with a CNG kit, did not relay any data at all, however the phone app said that the ECU was connected OK

Most happy about the fact that I can see my fuel efficiency (Km/L, L/100 Km ; both with real time & trip average) Other data sets like coolant temperature, battery voltage, air intake temperature etc are nice to know, but I am yet to find out how to use that information

Been using Toque app, it seems sluggish on my galaxy note n7000 (note 1) but is comprehensive & has a few themes to make it look nice

Satisfied with purchasing this, no niggles, and with my planned permanent phone dock, it will be a good addition in terms of available displays alongside navigation/music/dash-cam
Attached Thumbnails
OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-page.jpg  

iamendangered is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2014, 15:42   #1028
BHPian

Re: Short Review : Bluetooth OBD Port for my Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamendangered View Post
Most happy about the fact that I can see my fuel efficiency (Km/L, L/100 Km ; both with real time & trip average) Other data sets like coolant temperature, battery voltage, air intake temperature etc are nice to know, but I am yet to find out how to use that information
It's not of much use unless you want to use it for specific diagnosis, checking error codes etc. Most of the error codes wont be recognized by the apps for Indian cars. You will have to most probably look it up online. Also, it serves as a fancy flashy gadget

I use it to specifically keep a check on coolant and intake temperature. Once the coolant temperature hits the ideal 80 degrees, I make the fuel switch to CNG.

Last edited by jagzrk : 13th November 2014 at 15:43. Reason: grammar
Old 13th November 2014, 16:50   #1029
BHPian

Hi guys,
One silly doubt. If the phone is already connected via Bluetooth to the music system, how do you connect to the OBD ?
Old 13th November 2014, 17:27   #1030
BHPian

Re: Short Review : Bluetooth OBD Port for my Aveo

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamendangered View Post
*Request to moderators : Please delete/move as necessary*

I ordered a supermini OBD bluetooth adapter for my Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 LS LTD Edition (2009). I got it from amazon, for Rs. 789 (including shipping to mumbai)
Amazon product (ASIN) # B00ARCW2IE
Good to know that it works for you.
Even i ordered the same device from ebay couple of days back. Eagerly waiting to check whether it will support XUV.
Old 17th November 2014, 14:12   #1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by F2005 View Post
Hi guys,
One silly doubt. If the phone is already connected via Bluetooth to the music system, how do you connect to the OBD ?
Bluetooth (BT) connection has multiple channels and your phone can connect to multiple BT devices at the same time. So you can stream music to your audio system, pair it with other phone and connect to an OBD device in parallel.

But BT is not multi-cast - you can't stream same type of data (say: music) to multiple audio systems. As far as I know, there are 79 channels that a typical BT device supports.
Old 17th November 2014, 17:22   #1032
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone come across a P0431 diagnostic trouble code on an Indica Xeta before? This car's ECU happens to be a Sagem unit (made in France), so I guess it must belong to an early batch of Xetas. The car has clocked ~ 45k kilometres on the odo and is reportedly running very well (except for the Check Engine Lamp remaining on at most times, due to this persistent error code).

The fault code description for P0431 points to the Camshaft Position Sensor circuit. Is this a known issue with the Xetas? Is there any common issue that could cause this error code to be set?

Should this sensor be replaced to solve the issue, if the same error were to keep triggering the CEL, even after the circuit has been checked and the sensor & connectors have been cleaned?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Last edited by RSR : 17th November 2014 at 17:29.
Old 17th November 2014, 18:02   #1033
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Should this sensor be replaced to solve the issue, if the same error were to keep triggering the CEL, even after the circuit has been checked and the sensor & connectors have been cleaned?
Have you tried resetting the ECU once?

Why not try disconnecting the battery for 10-15 minutes and reconnect it and check if the CEL triggers again or no. What does TASS have to say for this issue?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2014, 19:50   #1034

Quote:

The fault code description for P0431 points to the Camshaft Position Sensor circuit. Is this a known issue with the Xetas? Is there any common issue that could cause this error code to be set?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
I think you are referring to P0341 (and not P0431); please correct if that is wrong.

Anyhow, as Anurag suggested, try resetting the code and see it for few days. If it lights on again, then you would need professional help. I am guessing that wiring at the sensor is at fault. In worst case, you would need to get the sensor replaced.
6zene is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2014, 15:26   #1035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has anyone come across a P0431 diagnostic trouble code on an Indica Xeta before? ... The fault code description for P0431 points to the Camshaft Position Sensor circuit. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6zene View Post
I think you are referring to P0341 (and not P0431) ...
P0431 is Exhaust related (leaks, O2 sensor etc.). Camshaft position sensor related is P0341.

If cleaning the sensor connector and reconnecting didn't solve the issue, then the sensor (it is a simple reluctance sensor) needs to be replaced. To know whether the sensor is really at fault, ask the service guys to disconnect the Crankshaft position sensor and try start the car. If the Camshaft position sensor is bad, the car won't start.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed