Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2015, 01:01   #1081
Senior - BHPian

re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Don't change the device immediately. I have used this mini reader in Skoda's, my WagonR and Dzire. First rule out all other factors. Scanmaster in laptop is pretty straight forward.
Also, it is acknowledged that the latest android versions are a little problematic with such applications. Hence do try to connect with Laptop or some other phone and check. If you want to try the one I have currently, I can lend my device to you in case you stay in South Bengaluru.
Yes.The same device+app+phone (nexus 5) worked fine on my cousin's Chevy Sail,issue with my car alone.
Scanmaster fails to detect the Elm adapter itself,so I haven't been able to get anything else done. I fail to understand why it doesn't connect at all
Old 17th February 2015, 09:14   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Yes.The same device+app+phone (nexus 5) worked fine on my cousin's Chevy Sail,issue with my car alone.
Scanmaster fails to detect the Elm adapter itself,so I haven't been able to get anything else done. I fail to understand why it doesn't connect at all
Sail working is no surprise, Chevy are compatible since 2007 including optra!
Maruti cars till 2011 do not connect to ELM327. Is your car manufactured in 2011? Is it the latest running DZire? If Yes, it should work, if No, need to look for other options.

You might be doing something wrong while setting up ScanMaster. Check out YouTube videos, they are very detailed.

Swift/DZire is best to go for smallest size as placement of OBD Port is not suitable for larger dongles especially if you are tall

Last edited by GTO : 27th May 2015 at 08:24. Reason: Strictly NO marketing on Team-BHP
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 10:46   #1083
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
Sail working is no surprise, Chevy are compatible since 2007 including optra!
Maruti cars till 2011 do not connect to ELM327. Is your car manufactured in 2011? Is it the latest running DZire? If Yes, it should work, if No, need to look for other options.

Shouldn't it work on the face lifted swift? I've tried it on a 2012 swift. Only the pre-facelift version, that too the BS3 swift doesn't work. Later on everything should work. Same was for the SX4. BS4 versions work while the rest don't.

Quote:
There's something wrong in configuration. The first time I used it I had a few hiccups too but Devraj here helped me sort it out and it has never shown problems later on, except for some freezes here and there. Now since the prices are dropping even further, I will order the small one and check the difference.

Did you try another phone instead of nexus?
Old 17th February 2015, 11:09   #1084
BANNED

Quote:
The ELM 327 OBD 2 reader did work without any issue in my October 2011.

So shouldn't it work normally in a December 2011 Swift ZDi?
Old 17th February 2015, 11:19   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The ELM 327 OBD 2 reader did work without any issue in my October 2011.

So shouldn't it work normally in a December 2011 Swift ZDi?
Quote:
Shouldn't it work on the face lifted swift? I've tried it on a 2012 swift. Only the pre-facelift version, that too the BS3 swift doesn't work. Later on everything should work. Same was for the SX4. BS4 versions work while the rest don't.

There's something wrong in configuration. The first time I used it I had a few hiccups too but Devraj here helped me sort it out and it has never shown problems later on, except for some freezes here and there. Now since the prices are dropping even further, I will order the small one and check the difference.

You guys are correct, hence i asked which year is the DZire manufactured and exact model. Better to know before we draw conclusions.

If you read his posts, he says, this phone+app+elm327 works correctly on Sail and not in his car. So car is the only thing diff. However he can try diff phone just to double check.
On laptop, he cant even detect the elm327 hence its config issue. Once fixed, he can see ELM327.
Old 17th February 2015, 11:55   #1086
BANNED

Quote:
You guys are correct, hence i asked which year is the DZire manufactured and exact model. Better to know before we draw conclusions.
Look at the below part of the post:

Car: Swift
Variant: ZDi
Month: December
Year: 2011

So it could either be improper configuration or a mobile itself.

Quote:
Picked up a Elm 327 mini obd 2 reader today but my joy was shortlived. I have a Dec 2011 Swift Zdi and the adapter doesn't seem to be working.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 13:00   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti cars till 2011 do not connect to ELM327. Is your car manufactured in 2011? Is it the latest running DZire?

I have various of these kind which you can try, lemme know, Im in Hebbal area.
Yes its a Dec 2011 manf. Swift ZDi,not the Dzire. Let me see if anything else,else will catch up with you. Thanks

Quote:
Unfotunately only nexus phones around. The other phones are Moto G (on 5.0.2) and iPhone. Let me check with iPhone and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
So it could either be improper configuration or a mobile itself.
Yes ScanMaster may have been setup wrongly. Let me reconfigure and see.

EDIT: Sorted out the scanmaster config issue, it detected the device and tried connecting to ECU but failed. Here's a snippet of scanmaster log:
Name:  tbhp.PNG
Views: 2381
Size:  12.2 KB

Last edited by shashank.nk : 17th February 2015 at 13:30.
Old 17th February 2015, 15:04   #1088
BHPian

Quote:
]
scanmaster config is correct, its not able to connect to ECU just like your phone. That means its the car or ELM327 device quality.
devrajman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2015, 15:27   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
scanmaster config is correct, its not able to connect to ECU just like your phone. That means its the car or ELM327 device quality.
The device quality can have a bearing too,because it works great on Chevy ? How do I find out whether its the car or elm device from here on ?
Old 17th February 2015, 15:35   #1090
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The device quality can have a bearing too,because it works great on Chevy ? How do I find out whether its the car or elm device from here on ?
As I told before, since these are clones of the ELM327, it is having issues with the protocol your car follows. Hence the connection problem. Try asking for a replacement device and check if that works properly. Else buy a different version. Do check in some other cars as well.
Old 8th March 2015, 22:45   #1091
Senior - BHPian

I am planning to buy the following OBD2 device for 06 civic. Any feedback on the device appreciated . Will it work ?

iCar OBDII ELM327 Bluetooth Car Diagnostic Tool - Black
http://www.dx.com/p/icar-obdii-elm32...0#.VPx3HI4pp60

or this one

2015 ELM327 Vgate Bluetooth iCar 3 OBDII ELM327 iCar3 Bluetooth Vgate OBD Diagnostic Interface
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015-...259795724.html

Last edited by black12rr : 8th March 2015 at 23:07.
Old 13th March 2015, 12:43   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiaferrari View Post
The Bluetooth device connected flawlessly to the Petrol Ritz and A-Star AT. It even detected an ECU and the transmission control unit for the A-Star AT.
@scuderiaferrari
Can you confirm if you can read the transmission temperature on the A-Star AT ?

TIA

Last edited by mvadg : 13th March 2015 at 12:50.
Old 20th March 2015, 16:58   #1093
BHPian

Will OBDII ELM Bluetooth or Wifi one work on a 2014 Mahindra Thar CRDe.
I just checked my sons ELM 327 BT and it did not connect via Torque on any of my Android phones. The error was " Cannot Connect to ECU" Engine or something similar.Since it was a post 2010 assumed it to be 100% compatible.
Any Thar owners who have checked and found it working.

Vinay
Old 20th March 2015, 17:16   #1094
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay Stanley View Post
I just checked my sons ELM 327 BT and it did not connect via Torque on any of my Android phones. The error was " Cannot Connect to ECU" Engine or something similar.Since it was a post 2010 assumed it to be 100% compatible.

Vinay
Connects but does not show any readings, unless you remap the ecu ie Tried it in my stock ECU thar doesnt read, Vs working in ECU running Code 6 map.
Old 21st March 2015, 19:31   #1095
Team-BHP Support

I stand corrected, issue is not with the ELM, its the protocol, if you try to auto connect the ELM and Torque it would fail. Had to create the profile with ISO 91 41 2 protocol and voila the tool works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinay Stanley View Post

Vinay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Connects but does not show any readings, unless you remap the ecu ie Tried it in my stock ECU thar doesnt read, Vs working in ECU running Code 6 map.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st March 2015 at 19:52.
Jaggu is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks