Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2017, 07:05   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Re: OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars

Is it ok to plug a made in China OBD-II scanner in? Uses Torque and Dashcommand of course.

Branded Konwei, says it is an ELM-327 interface and supports all OBD-II.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Elm3...311.0.0.KcX3ki

edit - Someone is selling the exact same thing on Amazon branded "Gadgetguru" - https://www.amazon.in/GadgetGuru-wir.../dp/B0171VY89O

Last edited by hserus : 18th December 2017 at 07:09.
Old 18th December 2017, 09:07   #1382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Is it ok to plug a made in China OBD-II scanner in? Uses Torque and Dashcommand of course.

Branded Konwei, says it is an ELM-327 interface and supports all OBD-II.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Elm3...311.0.0.KcX3ki
Use this app ELM327 Checker
to determine if it is 100% compatible or not. But using it will not damage anything (as far as I can tell), though you will not be able to read some of the parameters if your device does not comply with the standard.
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 09:12   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Use this app ELM327 Checker
to determine if it is 100% compatible or not. But using it will not damage anything (as far as I can tell), though you will not be able to read some of the parameters if your device does not comply with the standard.
I have an iPhone though, no android around right now. Is there a suitable iPhone app? Thanks!
Old 18th December 2017, 10:50   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
I have an iPhone though, no android around right now. Is there a suitable iPhone app? Thanks!
Dash - If your purpose is to monitor your driving along with other relevant car info. I have been using this app for around 3 years. It works with ELM OBD adapter link you shared. I have a similar one.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dash...904108101?mt=8
It has Android app as well and I like it.

Last edited by vidyanand : 18th December 2017 at 10:53. Reason: added more info
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 17:23   #1385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
Dash - If your purpose is to monitor your driving along with other relevant car info. I have been using this app for around 3 years. It works with ELM OBD adapter link you shared. I have a similar one.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dash...904108101?mt=8
It has Android app as well and I like it.
Funny, funny. It just refuses to pair with my iPhone 7. Shows up as a BT device named OBD-II and when I try to pair with it, I get the error that it is not supported.

Now I got to see where I can lay hands on an android device.
Old 19th December 2017, 19:54   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
I get the error that it is not supported.
Bluetooth OBD Adapters were not compatible with earlier iPhone's Bluetooth protocol so they had WiFi OBD adapters which were priced more than twice of these Bluetooth ones. What I was not aware that it is still not compatible. I will try to test with my Wife's iPhone to be sure. I use Android if I did not mention that earlier.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2017, 19:58   #1387
BHPian

Quote:
Funny, funny. It just refuses to pair with my iPhone 7. Shows up as a BT device named OBD-II and when I try to pair with it, I get the error that it is not supported.
I think iphones pairs only with OBD2 adapter of either BT version 4 or wifi but not works with BT version 3.

Anyone having experience with OBD2 Android app 'Hobdrive'; Currently the pro version is at 50% discount at Rs. 650 against the usual Rs. 1400

Last edited by batman : 19th December 2017 at 20:10. Reason: Addl. Query added
Old 7th January 2018, 15:04   #1388
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have experience in using the Vgate iCar Pro (URL) on a Honda City 4th Gen Diesel?
Old 7th January 2018, 19:07   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Any alternatives for torque pro? I am unable to find it on app store. I do not think it's available for iOS?
Old 8th January 2018, 10:37   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururajrv View Post
Any alternatives for torque pro? I am unable to find it on app store. I do not think it's available for iOS?
You can use DashCommand for iOS.
Old 24th January 2018, 16:13   #1391
BHPian

I bought an ELM327 mini for my Ritz ZDi. The seller mentioned it as v1.5 (did not specify whether hardware or software) but when i hooked it up to my car the Torque app showed it to be v2.1. Strange!

Ok so the obd2 adapter is working fine however i am a bit curious as to the number of sensors it has detected on my car's ECU. I guess i have seen many more sensors on other people's thread here. Like in my case it does not show the turbocharger rpm, turbocharger temperature, boost pressure, NOx control status etc. Please take a look below:-

OBD (On-board diagnostics) for Indian Cars-ob2-ecu-sensors.jpg

Guys can anyone of you let me know if this much is ok or should there have been more sensors detected for my car?

Also there is one thing which is confusing. Even though the list of sensors detected does not make mention of Boost (ie. Turbocharger), yet in Real-Time statistics a dial 'Boost' is shown with psi as its unit and does respond normally when i accelerate. What is happening here?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by shobhitk : 24th January 2018 at 16:21.
Old 2nd February 2018, 13:20   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
Someone is selling the exact same thing on Amazon branded "Gadgetguru" - https://www.amazon.in/GadgetGuru-wir.../dp/B0171VY89O
Have you actually used this product, either bought from Aliexpress or Amazon? How does it perform, also, which cars have you used it on?

Apologies for the barrage of questions, trying to figure out which OBD scanner is best for Swift Diesel 2008 and Honda City Diesel.
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:55   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhitk View Post
I bought an ELM327 mini for my Ritz ZDi...i am a bit curious as to the number of sensors it has detected on my car's ECU. I guess i have seen many more sensors on other people's thread here. Like in my case it does not show the turbocharger rpm, turbocharger temperature, boost pressure, NOx control status etc.
AFAIK, the ECU used for Suzuki's DDiS (FIAT MultiJet-Diesel manufactured under license) does not provide all the sensors and parameters through a third party tool, such as Torque or Bosch Fun2Drive. All parameters can be seen only through Suzuki's proprietary scanner. The OBD-II compliance is limited to Emission control related parameters.
silversteed is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 03:14   #1394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhitk View Post

Ok so the obd2 adapter is working fine however i am a bit curious as to the number of sensors it has detected on my car's ECU. I guess i have seen many more sensors on other people's thread here. Like in my case it does not show the turbocharger rpm, turbocharger temperature, boost pressure, NOx control status etc. Please take a look below:-

Also there is one thing which is confusing. Even though the list of sensors detected does not make mention of Boost (ie. Turbocharger), yet in Real-Time statistics a dial 'Boost' is shown with psi as its unit and does respond normally when i accelerate. What is happening here?

Thanks in advance.
Intake manifold pressure is actually boost.
There is no turbo rpm and temperature sensor in 1.3 ddis.
Everything looks fine.👍

Last edited by interc00led : 3rd February 2018 at 03:16.
interc00led is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2018, 10:00   #1395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
AFAIK, the ECU used for Suzuki's DDiS (FIAT MultiJet-Diesel manufactured under license) does not provide all the sensors and parameters through a third party tool, such as Torque or Bosch Fun2Drive. All parameters can be seen only through Suzuki's proprietary scanner. The OBD-II compliance is limited to Emission control related parameters.
Thanks for the useful information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by interc00led View Post
Intake manifold pressure is actually boost.
There is no turbo rpm and temperature sensor in 1.3 ddis.
Everything looks fine.👍
oh thats great!

I see. so is this boost reading different from the boost readings created by turbocharger or is this the same boost which is related to the turbo? i mean can the condition of turbocharger be determined by referring to this value?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks