Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2019, 18:25   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago theft vulnerability - Open the boot through the number-plate LEDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Thanks for sharing, GTO.

Looking at the way things have been done, I don't see any way other than a redesigned bumper from the inside as a feasible solution. I mean, if they cover it up using a plate - the owners will face rattles, in fact where will they even put something inside a hollow bumper?
They can cover the lock assembly with a shaped plate bolted to the lid in the inside. That should take care of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
What I am still positive about is that the immobilizer didn't give up. Everyone knows that the thieves of these days are good at handling immobilizers too; but in this case - the car won, or maybe the thief was running out of time.
The guy may not have attempted to steal the car itself. May be he was looking for some luck inside the boot.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2019, 18:42   #17
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago theft vulnerability - Open the boot through the number-plate LEDs

I have checked it in my Tiago boot after seeing this thread. In my observation, it is accessible but a person needs really thin hands and a tool to access this mechanism and at least 15 minutes. In the process of all this I ended up breaking the licence plate light.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Tiago theft vulnerability - Open the boot through the number-plate LEDs-20190429_183938.jpg  

Dhruv Shetty is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 21:52   #18
BHPian

This is a serious flaw in design.Tata must look into this issue on priority and come out with a suitable solution. Also, to keep up its reputation, Tata must implement the solution to all its existing Tiago customer.
Old 6th May 2019, 14:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autohead666 View Post
[b] I pressed the remote unlock button. Guess what, along with my car,another car of the same model, same colour parked beside my car also unlocked. I was in a shock, thinking as to how this can happen. I looked cautiously around, fearing that I might be pointed out as a potential car thief. To be doubly sure, I pressed the Lock button on my remote lock,and whoa!! Both cars got locked.

Nothing wrong to be surprised.But this kind of happenstance is more likely to occur in older generation cars than in new generation ones.

Reason being - VAS works with a remote and controller and they are linked (paired) together during production.Each remote has a code which the controller knows via pairing process. when the code matches the command (open/close/search etc.) is executed. Now the older vehicle had only few thousand codes which keep on rolling. so if two vehicles having same code happens to be in same spot and within remote's range, they both obey the remote's command.

Newer vehicles also use same rolling codes, but the OEMs have increased the number of codes hence reducing the possibility of multiple vehicles with same code being in same location at same time.
saikarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 11:39   #20
BHPian

This little loophole really saved my butt when I left my key inside the car while I was in another city!!
Turrrb0 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed