Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2007, 09:35   #1
BHPian

When to service next?

Hello people,
I have a slight concern regarding when to get my car serviced as it never does the number of KMS but the duration of 6 months passes.
OK Let me explain. I have a 1.8TPI Skoda, and the first service was at 7500/6month then 13500/13 months, and now it has done only 16000/k but its in its 18th month and its due for service at the end of the month, but the 3rd service should be somewhere about 22,500Kms and I have only done about 16000. First question when should I take it in for service?
The previous 2 times, they just did check up and change all fluids including gearbox, brake oil (top up), and synthetic Engine oil (change). I have K&N so that didnt need to be changed but just dusted.
Second question, is it best to take it to the Company service center or any other reptuated one will do? as I dont really have warranty on the car no more that shouldn't make a difference if I go elsewhere but it might be cheaper...? Please advise.
Thank you.
Old 1st February 2007, 14:06   #2
BHPian

Usually you should follow owner's manual for service interval. It is based on either km travelled or specific months whichever is EARLIER. So, you should service if necessary as per time even if car has not travelled that many distance.

It is upto you where you want to take the car for service as long as quality is good.
Old 1st February 2007, 14:20   #3
BHPian

OK Thanks....then I'll just get it done whenever the time intervals are up....
Anyhow, anyone knows any good service center to take a skoda to in Pune....
any fellow T-Bhpians please recommend where to take it as I am new to the city...
thanks...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks