Team-BHP - Starting problems-Injectors just cleaned,engine flushed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Starting problems-Injectors just cleaned,engine flushed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/21085-starting-problems-injectors-just-cleaned-engine-flushed.html)

For the past week I was suffering from jerking problems,idling issues and looked up the problem on team-bhp and saw that the injectors should be at fault.The diagnosis was absolutely correct and the service guy found two injectors to be at fault and had the injectors cleaned,replaced one wire and also had the spark plugs cleaned.

I also had an engine flush done and have put havolin semi-synthetic oil.Now the car feels absolutely like new,the engine is super smooth and I am very happy.

However something has changed dramatically in the car.The car wont start immediately and takes some time to start after turning the key[not using technical terms since I fear I may go wrong].After the delayed start there are no issues at all with the engine,just wondering if I should worry about this delayed start.This delayed start has come up exactly after the injector cleaning,engine flush.

PS: Special thanks to a very helpful bhpian

Hello!! There is no mention of what car you own in your post. And your profile shows CAR in your cars!!! rl:

Can you please do that favour??

The replaced wire reads as No2 HT chord,Was charged 800 bucks for the complete injector thing.Also had a throttle body cleaning with some kind of a spray.

PS: The car in question is the Daewoo Matiz[sorry about that zak,edited the profile too]

The car battery should be the first suspect.

ask ur mechanic to check the timing or then just check the plug leads/spark plugs too.

Check your fuel filter too.

Thanks guys for your advice,on my way to the garage and will keep you updated.

No issues with timing,spark plugs,battery.The fuel filter was replaced and the fuel tank was cleaned.The concerned guy was not there and I did not get an explanation as to what had happened.But car seems fine right now,will see what happens on a cold start.

But heres the advice on their slip:
Quote:

Wait about five seconds after turning the key on, before cranking the engine.
Is this necessary?Is direct cranking harmful.

You will hear a sound the moment you turn the ignition on. Thats the sound of the fuel pump. Once the sound cuts off, crank the engine.This applies for all MPFI cars and would be mentioned in the owners manual in some cases.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rahul_intlad (Post 368170)
But heres the advice on their slip:
Quote:

Wait about five seconds after turning the key on, before cranking the engine.
Is this necessary?Is direct cranking harmful.

In Matiz after you turn the ignition on yellow check light comes on.
I usually wait till that light goes away before starting engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adya33 (Post 368303)
In Matiz after you turn the ignition on yellow check light comes on.
I usually wait till that light goes away before starting engine.

I do the same in my OHC & Santro.

this same thing used to happen with me in my Ford Ikon.... i had changed many parts as car under warranty(excluding the labour charges).... then i came to know that Fuel Pump was malfunctioning .. replaced under warranty and starting trouble gone

Off topic...

rahul_intlad : Are you still getting spares for Matz ? And will the spare parts dealers charge you a fortune for the spares for an obsolete car like Matiz ??

rahul@ you mentioned "replaced one wire" let us know which wire?? is it of plugs??

1) Ask your mech to check the O2 & MAF sensor. In my case (Nissan) carb it was a choke not closing problem. So it was kind of flooding at first start in morning after that it was fine. In ur case I suspect the O2 making the mix rich.

2) check the distributor cap for any cracks and better get it replaced if it never was and since its 3 cyl its better to go for a new cable set
(TEST is - at night with engine ON its easy to see for small sparks on either the distributor cap, plug wires - if yes replace).

DONT TOUCH ANY WIRES AND TAKE CARE OF LOOSE CLOTHING

Thanks Guys

@2fast will update you at a later stage,Out of town for a while.And the replaced wire was indeed the plug wire.

@Mithun well depends on the spares like for instance I doubt I would find a replacement O2 sensor.So far Most spares I required were available and not that hard to find nor were they that expensive.One thing I cannot get is an external radio antenna for the Matiz adya33 and the rest please guys any help on this front.