Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 23:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
Even they refused to sell (or atleast SHOW me) the screwdriver for the headlight beam adjuster screws. Arrrrrgh! They've frustrated me!

-Absar

Go to any hardware store and ask for a T-20 screw-driver (star type). Generally it will be amongst a set of such props. U can use the same for the air-filter box and other things. Tell me if you need the location of the adjuster.
Old 21st March 2007, 09:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
U can use the same for the air-filter box and other things. Tell me if you need the location of the adjuster.
Hello 1100D. Thank you so much for the hint. In fact, I already have the screwdriver for the air filter box, but its pocket sized one, and doesn't go inside the holes for the headlight adjuster screws coz of its thickness. And yeah I do know where they're located.. But actually, before I tried using a philips screwdriver, with difficulty, n didn't work.. Today i'll go and check at one hardware shop if possible and try to get one.

-Absar
Old 21st March 2007, 10:19   #18
Team-BHP Support

use a 10 size spanner, works fine, keep the low beam settings LT side max to LT and at max reach, RT side straight and Max reach, with 95/100 works really well atleats for my car it did, only while fully loaded back when ur on a upward accent high beam will be a lil too far but can be managed with low beam
Old 21st March 2007, 10:39   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absar View Post
I got 55/60w headlights with the car. It was so pathetic. So, I upgraded to Philips Rally 90/100w. It still seemed so bad.
hmmm...sets me thinking. I recently upgraded to 90/100 Philips Rally. What was surprising is that the car already had 90/100 bulbs, which I never knew. But the new wiring /relay/Philips Rally did wonders to the beam.

Reading that along with what @1100D and @Jaggu mentioned, I think the upgrade is not done properly in your case. Take the car to a good accessary shop/ Local garage and check the installation. There is also a possibility that you have got duplicate bulbs
Old 21st March 2007, 16:50   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
...any hardware store and ask for a T-20 screw-driver (star type).
Hey 1100D! I went to one hardware store in my locality, and when I mentioned, "A T-20 Screwdriver, star type" he nodded as in he understood, but when he went in and came, all he got was a screwdriver that was more like a Philips X screwdriver in which everyone has... just to check, i tried on the car, didn't work (i knew it). I left the shop immediately. I didn't even try to show him the screw of the car's headlight.

Gee!!

And Jaggu, I doubt heavily if a '10' size spanner would do the trick, the spanner wouldn't go inside the hole of the screw..

-Absar
Old 21st March 2007, 17:05   #21
Team-BHP Support

mine the head of the screw/bolt was outside the hole, so it worked
Old 21st March 2007, 17:23   #22
BHPian

Lucky for you Jaggu. Whats the solution for me now?

-Absar
Old 21st March 2007, 17:53   #23
Team-BHP Support

a) get hold of specific screw driver with short handle
b) remove the headlight bracket, adjust beam and refit
c) take to dealer/workshop and get it done under your personal supervision
Old 1st April 2007, 15:18   #24
BHPian

I could suggest you a less expensive method. Focus your fog lamps in such way that they are focussed on the road with load. That could help you.
Old 16th March 2009, 16:08   #25
BHPian

headlights galore

Have been going through this old thread and the subject is something close to my heart. I dont actually have an ikon but purchased a versa in 2003 and since day one have been having problems with the headlights- in terms of spread, intensity and penetration. Since i do a lot of intercity travel with my family on weekends i was looking for something safer. Did'nt want to mess up the electricals by putting a relay, so eventually got hold of a pair of 60/55W halonix+60 headlamps (manufacturer-phoenix lamps). they are surely better than normal halogens. Incase you have'nt carried out any modification till date would certainly recommend that to you. Imagine what it could do to your headlights incase you put 100/90W halonix+60 along with a relay...

Regards,
atul,
Faridabad.
dycme4@yahoo.com

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks