Team-BHP - Safari EX suspension or what?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Safari EX suspension or what? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/21167-safari-ex-suspension-what.html)

I own a Safari EX, almost 4 yrs old now, ran 55000 kms,

What problem I face is that the front part of my Safari is lower than other Safaris, hope you understand..
overall my front part of Safari is 6 inches lower than other Safaris but thats barely noticable untll my car is standing just beside of another Safari.. and thats only with front part.
Rear part is fine, may be little lower than other safaris but only 2 inch or so..

Sorry for my english but I am not finding it easy to talk about car .. never done anything like typing abt the car :))

So
I asked my mechanics to redo suspension, ie. if anything wrong there,.. everything changed here ie. torn out or prolematic thing.. I also asked to change bochs.. (those rubber thingi found in suspension) ..

But still no gain in height.. I asked how I can lift up the car, he said there is an adjustment rod but thats already on full. (This car was earlier handled by our driver so its past is not much known to me), It just got fully transferred in my hand a year ago or so when I got proper driving license.

So my concern is, do I have to change shock-absorber of car..

But I am not sure if that will do becz earlier mechanic said that doing suspenseion will work . . but no gain.

Kindly suggest me how I can overcome this ?

Note from Moderator: Post Edited for Readability

Is your Safari a 4x4 or 4x2.

the 4x4 has a torsion rod instead of coil spring. Methings there is something wrong with that or the mounting of it to the frame.

Or is it the rear suspensions - more height at the back making the front look lowered?

Mine is 4x2 ( sorry I forgot to mention that) .
Rear part is not higher (as it goes mostly with sumo) it rather lil lower than other safar..say a inch or two (I did mentioned that in my first post) .
What I am expecting if someone with Safari successfully overcome to this problem because sometimes I see few Safari with same problem (so far seen two other only :( )
I need to sort exact reason for this so that can work over it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikshayar (Post 370209)
Mine is 4x2 ( sorry I forgot to mention that) .
Rear part is not higher (as it goes mostly with sumo) it rather lil lower than other safar..say a inch or two (I did mentioned that in my first post) .
What I am expecting if someone with Safari successfully overcome to this problem because sometimes I see few Safari with same problem (so far seen two other only :( )
I need to sort exact reason for this so that can work over it.

I think the Shocks have weakend... Your best bet is to change them ....

What is tyre size are you running?Does the truck pitch excessively?i:e Bob up and down a lot.

aha..

Well.. I actually forgot about this post here.

My car is having 15 inch wheels and I do not understand what that truck-pitch means.
But I think sitting experience is fine in my car, I do not get bumpi drive and also not too much ups and down.

Lately, I was getting few works done in car, I again made a mechanic to check that adjustment rod, he found that the bolt is actually slipped, I got new one and he adjusted, was a little improvement.. say 1 inch.. but he was saying that do not go for more or your suspension will get harder from front.... ????

I tried to undestand the role of that rod but still unable to figure what is the working for that rod so I said OK, do not over do the adjustment, its seems that it can be lifted up more using that rod but I am not sure if it is OK or harmful ??

gettng shock-absorbers changed is not small task.. should cost arnd 10K+ .. so I need to make sure if it is worthy to change !!

why dont you take your car to a tata authorised service station (TASS) and have them diagnose the problem?
you needn't fix it there if you dont want to.
let them figure out whats wrong with your vehicle and ask for a repair estimate.