Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 24th August 2019, 12:24   #1

Default Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI AT - DSG failure! Estimated repair cost is 1.57 lakhs

I was driving my skoda last week when I suddenly felt a shudder when I shifted the gear to park.It was unusual but the there were no warning lights and the car was running fine.I got back home and parked the car in my drive way.When I started the car again 30 mins later I was unable to shift the gear to D and all I got was a transmission error message on my speedometer.I got the car towed to the skoda service centre in Delhi and a few days back I got a repair quote of 1.57 lacs !
They say it's a flywheel failure and a DSG failure and the whole unit will need to be replaced.I have managed to negotiate the cost to 1.10 lacs.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?
-Former happy skoda owner
Asmt_b is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 13:57   #2
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI AT - DSG failure! Estimated repair cost is 1.57 lakhs

How many KM has the car done?

What was the error code? Was it an electronic failure?

Was the transmission filter and fluid changed regularly?

You might not get relief from the flywheel cost as it is a wear and tear item. What elseactualy failed?
ajmat is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2019, 14:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Skoda Octavia 1.8 TSI AT - DSG failure! Estimated repair cost is 1.57 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
How many KM has the car done?

What was the error code? Was it an electronic failure?

Was the transmission filter and fluid changed regularly?

You might not get relief from the flywheel cost as it is a wear and tear item. What else actually failed?
To add to AJM's query:

Post the exact technical details of the estimate?
First owner or purchased on resale?
Any mods done regardless of link to tranny?
Any error codes or signs earlier at all?
Serviced at A.S.S. throughout?

Last edited by itwasntme : 24th August 2019 at 14:04.
itwasntme is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote