Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2020, 17:39   #106
BANNED

Re: Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners)

Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners)-screenshot_20200312-teambhp-com-home.png

One look at the comments section of the Team-BHP's FB post shows that there were quite a number of Hyundai customers facing the similar/same issue.

Wonder why the Team-BHP's core team isn't responding for such a serious issue or giving it the needed weight as it does with other manufacturers' issues.

Note, before anyone jump-in, I am a Creta lover/admirer.

Last edited by wheelguy : 12th March 2020 at 17:43.
wheelguy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 17:58   #107
BHPian

This is some serious issue which is seen even in 2011 cars and all the reviewers are in praises for the product. looking at this I would buy a VW/Skoda and pay for the service bills rather than endangering my life while driving. The product is all good, But I can't imagine the bashings and sticks the Germans would be getting if their product malfunctioned and endangers life?
Old 13th March 2020, 10:09   #108
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
It's gone, the thread is now gone from the home page.
Please do NOT create fake conspiracies.

1. The news was very much on our homepage. As new news articles come in, old ones get pushed off.

2. This thread was very much added to the "hot threads" section in November 2019, which is when the thread was created.

3. Please take some time to read & understand the matter instead of falsely accusing Team-BHP of anything. In fact, read post #2 and you will see it was me who moved this into a new thread for MAX VISIBILITY.

We don't pull any punches for any manufacturer.

If you have a doubt, ASK FIRST before making FAKE accusations.

Last edited by GTO : 13th March 2020 at 10:54.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 10:14   #109
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Wonder why the Team-BHP's core team isn't responding for such a serious issue or giving it the needed weight as it does with other manufacturers' issues.

Note, before anyone jump-in, I am a Creta lover/admirer.
Sorry but what response are you expecting from the "core" team? The core team is members like you and Naveen Raju who are owners and are reporting the issue on this thread.

The thread has already been put up on home page, has been put up on FB page and GTO was the first to reply to it here.

Same has been followed for all other issues reported by any manufacturer. Most occasions the manufacturer is proactive and follows Team-BHP and immediately contacts to see how he can resolve.
Vid6639 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 11:59   #110
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Sorry but what response are you expecting from the "core" team? The core team is members like you and Naveen Raju who are owners and are reporting the issue on this thread.
Rightly pointed out. Like I had mentioned earlier, I faced this unfortunate incident and will definitely seek a clarification from Hyundai. I had contacted Hyundai the second time and they have responded (although they haven't updated me on the cause). I will be calling the Area Manager again on Monday since 1 week is more than enough to get the idea on what had happened. Also, I need a clarification on the i10's belt issue as well (the new belt that snapped in 2 days).

Hopefully, I should have some sort of update on Monday.
naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th March 2020, 13:49   #111
Senior - BHPian

This is indeed worrying. A good friend of mine just booked the new Creta. Even I am contemplating booking one. But, this thread is giving me real anxiety as brakes are something I or anyone else can never compromise with. What is the use of airbags and so many safety features when the most essential component which makes sure those safety measure are not needed is itself not working properly. Most worrying part is it's an intermittent issue and doesn't happen all the time. So, you can't even know at what point of time this will happen. I hope some resolution is given by Hyundai for this asap.
harry10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 13:22   #112
BHPian

Just returned from a trip home on Monday and did not face any issues with the brakes. Traffic was relatively less on the Mysore-Bangalore highway and so the speed was a bit higher plus it started raining heavily, however the brakes did not bother me. Looks like this is a one off scenario and may not be replicable at the service center. Anyways have informed the service manager to be sure and will have the brake system checked post lockdown.
Old 25th March 2020, 17:19   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BopsKA12 View Post
Looks like this is a one off scenario and may not be replicable at the service center. Anyways have informed the service manager to be sure and will have the brake system checked post lockdown.
I don't think this can be called as one off scenario since many BHPians experienced this and there's been many similar incidents reported on various FB groups. Also, once this issue has occurred it can be replicated at the service center (atleast in my case it was, since the issue was constantly occurring after the accident happened).

Not saying this can happen to any Creta at anytime, but if the ABS light stays on more than the recommended time, it's not good news.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th May 2020, 23:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
We also need to wait and watch if the Creta's cousin, the Seltos has any similar issues given the common parentage.
Your apprehension seems to have come true.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4813886 (Kia Seltos : Official Review)
Old 1st June 2020, 14:39   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Update:

Nothing much to report except the pathetic response or should I say the lack of response from Hyundai. Wonder how they managed to be India's second best seller.

Here's the timeline:

As many of you know, this incident occurred sometime in October '19. Till now I haven't received any sort of communication or explanation from Hyundai. That's when I decided to seek an explanation from them.

6th March:
I drop a mail to crsales@hmil.net asking for an explanation on why the brakes failed in my Creta and which happened in few other cars as reported on TeamBHP. Like always, they check my last service history and directly puts the blame on the service station where I last visited. I had mentioned specifically that the service station did a good job and not to pass the blame to them.

7th March:
I receive a call from a top executive of the service station. On answering the call, I told that this complaint is not service related but with the braking issue. Told him to give my number next time they call him.

Also, I receive an automated mail from Hyundai:
Dear Customer,
We thank you for contacting Hyundai Customer Care.
Please note that we are in receipt of your request, we shall be advising our concerned Regional Office to coordinate with our dealer to arrange for necessary action to address your concern. You shall be hearing from our Dealer / Area Office within 3 working days. Please bear with us till such time.
In case you are not contacted within 3 working days, you may contact our Regional Offices from Monday to Friday between 8 am till 6 pm at :-
HMIL South 3 Regional Office (Kerala) Service Support Ms. Dev Prabha # 0484-6699025
Area Manager Name: Romis Luke, Mobile: 9567344920
For any queries/complaints on product and service you may also reach us at our 24X7 Customer Care Toll Free Number: 1800-11-4645 (From MTNL/BSNL) or 9873564645 from others.
Thanking you and assuring you of our best possible services at all times.
Regards,
Hyundai Customer Care, India
This is an autogenerated email from an unmonitored mailbox hence please don't reply to this email.

8th March:
I drop in another mail stating that I received a call from the service history which is not what I wanted. I clearly mention that I expect a call/reply (not an automated reply) from a representative from Hyundai.

10th March:
Seeing the lukewarm response. I decide to call the Area Sales Manager (Kerala) – Mr Romis Luke. He patiently listens to my query and says there are numerous reasons for this to happen like ABS sensor issue (starts naming each and every component of the sensor) and he needs to know what exactly was replaced on my car. I told that the entire ABS sensor (2 nos) were replaced. He then said he would talk to the service station right after the call to find the details of parts replaced and update me in an hour or so.

Like expected, no news from him.

16th March:
I drop in another email. This time I got a reply to my mail from crfs@hmil.net (this lady was the service support that was mentioned in the earlier mail – Dev Prabha).

Sent: 16 March 2020 10:42
To: naveen04in@gmail.com
Subject: Your Hyundai Vehicle- KL7CD8843
Dear Mr. Naveen,
This has reference to the ABS sensor related concern with regard to the Creta vehicle bearing Chassis no. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and Regn no. KL7CD8843.

At the outset we regret the inconvenience if any caused to you and we assure you that we are most concerned.

You are well aware of the fact that a brand new Creta vehicle was sold to you by the Dealership of M/s Popular Hyundai in the month of July, 2015 and during the entire period of 4 ½ years, your vehicle has covered an extensive mileage of around 53,676 kms and is out of warranty. We wish your understanding towards the fact that vehicle is an amalgamation of thousands of parts and there is normal wear & tear on each and every part of the car when car is in use. We wish to inform you that driving habits, road conditions, terrains etc. also affect the working of the ABS.

Please be informed that your vehicle was reported at the workshop of M/s XXXXXXXXX Hyundai for the ABS related concern and during inspection, it was found that the rear wheel bearings (ABS sensor) required replacement due to wear and tear. You are well aware of the fact that since your vehicle is out of warranty, the requisite work was carried out on chargeable basis post your approval, by the said workshop and the vehicle was delivered to you in perfectly fine and roadworthy condition.

We request you to not to have any apprehension regarding the product quality. We assure you that your vehicle is perfectly fine and roadworthy in all conditions.
Hope the above clarifies your concern.
We assure you best services at all times.

Thanks & Regards

Deva Prabha
CR – Coordinator
SRO-3 Cochin
# 0484-6699000

This mail clearly shows that they are trying to avoid explaining the actual cause of the problem and tries to divert the topic wherein am demanding the charges to be waived off.

I reply back within minutes:

Sent: 16 March 2020 10:54
To: CR co-ordinator
Subject: RE: Your Hyundai Vehicle- KL7CD8843

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. You still haven’t answered my question:

1) Why did the brakes fail?
2) Why was the warning light not displayed on the instrument cluster when the accident occurred?
3) The manual clearly states that in case of an ABS failure, the normal braking won’t be affected. The manual is clearly giving a false information?

Again, no reply from them.

19th March:
Please provide a clarification to my previous mail. I have been waiting for many months now for this. If I don’t get a reply for this today, I am escalating this issue keeping the copy of this mail and details (contact and details of the regional office).

Now due to the pandemic, I left it and knew they will never reply. So decided to wait.

7th May:
Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners)-a1.png

I expected an automated reply, but they mailed me asking for the VIN and mobile number. Replied back with the details.

Soon after I mail the details, there it comes, the automated reply:

Hyundai Creta: Serious brake failure issue (must-read for all owners)-a2.jpg

I reply again to few more emails ids (regional office) asking whether they had any intentions of replying back. My last mail sent to them was on 14th May and one more again on 28th May. Not expecting any reply from them. Not very active on social media else could have tagged some guys! On wondering why I haven't reached their phone numbers, I did try them. Most of them were not reachable, while others calls were left unanswered.

Goodbye to HASS as well! Planning to switch to some FNG.
naveen.raju is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 14:58   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Goodbye to HASS as well! Planning to switch to some FNG
Naveen, best decision taken!

I don't expect any concrete reply and solution to this problem as Hyundai India is ignoring the fact and I feel they are purposefully ignoring the issue and not acting upon as done by their USA division which has recalled around 33,000 cars for the "braking related" cases reported.

Quote:
The source noted a problem with one particular part: The brake booster, made by Georgia-based Mando America Corporation, is potentially defective due to improper manufacturing. Fortunately, the automaker stated that there have thus far been no incidents tied to problems with the boosters.

The exact problem with the brake boosters involves the risk of an unseated diaphragm inside the booster. The Car Connection reported that if this did occur, the vacuum-sealed part could spring a leak, lowering braking power assistance. Cars' braking distances would increase, and this unexpected shift can cause accidents.
Source
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 20:26   #117
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering even if the car is 5 years old, the lukewarm response from the manufacturer calls for some firm action. Have you thought about approaching a consumer forum citing your ordeal? I know it's easier said than done.

Mean while The Consumer Protection Bill, 2019 which was passed in July '19 is yet to come into effect.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le28836968.ece
Old 3rd June 2020, 10:50   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Just wondering even if the car is 5 years old, the lukewarm response from the manufacturer calls for some firm action. Have you thought about approaching a consumer forum citing your ordeal? I know it's easier said than done.

Mean while The Consumer Protection Bill, 2019 which was passed in July '19 is yet to come into effect.

https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le28836968.ece
Guess there's no point in running behind this. I will end up wasting my time. Now that the car is out of warranty, I am not taking the Creta to HASS anymore. Grand i10 will also be moved away from HASS in an year or so while the other Hyundai in our garage has been replaced. My friend has recommended few FNGs.

The thing I do right now is share this link with people who ask my opinion/feedback on Hyundai cars, the after sales experience. I did manage to pull few guys away from Hyundai .
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 11:28   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
The thing I do right now is share this link with people who ask my opinion/feedback on Hyundai cars, the after sales experience. I did manage to pull few guys away from Hyundai .
Kudos to your patience in dealing with Hyundai. Anytime that anyone asks me about Hyundai cars, I just share the link to this thread and that is the end of their Hyundai shopping
neil.jericho is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 12:19   #120
Distinguished - BHPian

Hyundai customer feedback/issue resolution loop is horrible. It starts and end with the HASS you deal with. The cr@hmil.net is just a middleman who forwards your complaint back to the HASS that you are frustrated dealing with.

Compare that with Maruti. The kind of response when you escalate issue will make you go wow in most of the cases. Even a humble alto owner gets the same level of treatment as the one with Ciaz or S-Cross. No Wonder they are the market leader.
sagarpadaki is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks