Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2007, 09:23   #61
Team-BHP Support

but ive pmed him and got conformation that its not available.
Old 19th February 2007, 21:44   #62
BHPian

oh ok!!!!!! didnt know that!!!!!!!
Old 5th March 2008, 11:12   #63

Free Flow in diesel car

Hi guys, am new to Team-BHP, I am from Hyderabad. I had been going through the thread on modding diesel cars and about the free flow where everyone is confused and think would not really appeal to ears, believe me guys its really cool. I have a TATA Indica DLS (diesel) 2003 model fitted with only free flow and nothing else not even the header and the sound that comes when I am accelerating at 4000 RPM is really pleasing. In fact I would say it sounds better than the free flow in petrol cars. I have replaced only the rear muffler and now am planning to remove the catalytic converter and also replace the header for better sound. There surely is some difference in the pickup of the car, I feel it is better than before already. And now I am excited to feel the power I would get after I remove the cat converter and replace the header.
Old 5th March 2008, 11:46   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dst161 View Post
Hi guys, am new to Team-BHP, I am from Hyderabad. I had been going through the thread on modding diesel cars and about the free flow where everyone is confused and think would not really appeal to ears, believe me guys its really cool. I have a TATA Indica DLS (diesel) 2003 model fitted with only free flow and nothing else not even the header and the sound that comes when I am accelerating at 4000 RPM is really pleasing. In fact I would say it sounds better than the free flow in petrol cars. I have replaced only the rear muffler and now am planning to remove the catalytic converter and also replace the header for better sound. There surely is some difference in the pickup of the car, I feel it is better than before already. And now I am excited to feel the power I would get after I remove the cat converter and replace the header.
if youve only changed the muffler its not a free flow. its a muffler change. itll become a free flow when you change the rest. after you remove the cat con you should feel a diff in power.
Old 6th March 2008, 21:58   #65
BHPian

Hi guys, was looking around for performance upgrade with free flow for my Indica turbo. Would like to share this:

Dear ******
The new diesel engines coming in are far more superior to the diesel engines of yore. The modern design of the diesel engine allows it to be powerful at the same time be economical to run. The advantage of the new engines is that they are controlled by the ECU and there are programmes available that allow one to upgrade the software for more power and better performance. So, all is not lost. There is still hope for the diesel car. The software upgrade is still in the initial stages, so it might be some time before a regular, easy, bolt-on, readily available programme is available for diesel engined cars.
Best regards
Vivek Bhat
For Auto Mech Engineers
We can also be contacted at: automecexhaust@rediffmail.com.

----- Original Message -----
To: Info
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 5:23 PM
Subject: Re: Free flow exausts
Hi Vivek,
Thanks a ton for the prompt reply. Although its saddening to know about the inability to modify my car.
So guess will have to buya petrol then, although thats a tough decision with all the great new diesel engines coming in these days; and my love for long drives!
Thanks again,

On 5/29/07, Info <info@automechexhausts.com> wrote:
Dear *****
We do not have a free flow exhaust for diesel engined cars. We also do not recommend fitting mufflers on diesel cars, as the carbon from the engine will choke the sound damping material in the muffler over a period of time and make the sound very loud and flat. Even though there is no appreciable gain in power, the sound also won't be too much if there is a converter in the exhaust system. Moreover, since your car is Turbocharged, the chances of getting some sound from the exhaust are also low, as the turbo takes away some of the sound energy as the exhaust gases pass through it. On the other hand, removal of the converter and fitting an expansion chamber and muffler in the system will give some improvement in power, but for that we will have to do all the designing and fabrication of the exhaust components on the car itself. There are very few Indica Turbos here in Bombay, so getting hold of one to design and fabricate the exhaust components is going to be a problem.
Best regards
Vivek Bhat
For Auto Mech Engineers
We can also be contacted at: automecexhaust@rediffmail.com.
----- Original Message -----
To: info@automechexhausts.com
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2007 5:13 PM
Subject: Free flow exausts

Hi,
I own a Indica Turbo Dlx. Am interested in installing a freeflow exhaust (muffler), more for the soundthan overall power. Please inform if Automech has a system for the Indica and how much will it cost. Am based in Bangalore.
Thanks and regards,

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks