Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2007, 12:46   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stick_shift View Post
...when i found out its ICE does not play mp3's i changed my mind towards the laura. .
a) changing ICE is often rather easy.
b) Autobahn has a terrible record for service. Autograph is worse. Tragically JMD is in Bhandup which is awfully far (for those living South of Bandra in Mumbai).

Skoda does make good cars but the service record of almost all their dealers is deplorable. Since this is a common compalint for alsmot every Skoda dealer I think it that Skoda Management is not concerned with service.

Next time I'm gonna buy me a Hyundai. Their A.S.S is suppsoed to be one of the best. Right? Better than Honda, Toyota and other more reputed marques.
Old 5th March 2007, 13:48   #47
BHPian

Few days back, I took my Palio 1.9D out of garage and with in a span of 30 secs, my car started making " Truck like" noise.

Stopped my car and called Green Tracks for help.
Technicians visited my home and foundout that there was a problem with the timing belt slip.
Mr Prasad immediately told regarding the possibility of Rat Menace. Like the present Skoda case he did show me hair of Rats (two in number) and suspected some rat menace.

I had to get the car towed and get the belt adjusted by removing two little rats from the system. This costed me half a day and Rs 2000. I was told that if I had driven the car to the Garage, damage could have been close to Rs 50,000. I park my car in Car Garage.

Any solution towards this in future?

PS:- I am not looking at Domesticate a CAT and keep a cow to feed the cat with milk ... etc plea
Old 5th March 2007, 14:01   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Next time I'm gonna buy me a Hyundai. Their A.S.S is suppsoed to be one of the best. Right? Better than Honda, Toyota and other more reputed marques.
IMO better than Maruti too reason being their consumables in free service go free of cost to customers. This includes engine oil, filters, etc.
Old 5th March 2007, 14:10   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yes they are very good & leagues ahead of Skoda, Ford and even Honda. I've owned two Santros (one is my mother's current car) and we've never had any complaints about the service & support from them. Truly fantastic.
Old 5th March 2007, 21:43   #50

New JMD Auto Skoda service center in Versova

Guys,
I just found out about a new service center from JMD Auto.
Here is the address and contact number:
JMD Auto India Pvt. Ltd.,
Plot No. 202 204/A RDD-6,
Sardar Vallabhai Patel Nagar,
Versova,
Andheri (W),
Mumbai - 400053.

Tel:26355900

I guess ill give this one a try next time something goes wrong.
Old 5th March 2007, 23:19   #51
Team-BHP Support

stick_shift, did anything workout with the refund for the rat problem? I dont think another service centre will be of any good. They are all the same, out to fool the customer. The best way is to fight with them for every thing they charge and make sure you get your way of things.

hope you get back the money.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks