Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2007, 18:16   #1
Senior - BHPian

engine oil/ filters for lancer

THe car has not seen an engine oil change since some time now. I am looking to go with synthetic oil. which is the best synthetic oil for a lancer 1.5?

secondly. I am looking to go with a k&N conical air filter. any suggestions and recommendations?

the car just did 42K.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd March 2007 at 21:09. Reason: missed the word 'oil'
Old 2nd March 2007, 18:50   #2
BHPian

Hi! I have used Shell Helix Ultra (full synthetic oil) and its one of the best in terms of keeping the engine cool and providing protection. Though Mobil one is much superior than the Shell, but its hard to beat Shell for it value for money. 4 lts of Shell Helix ulra costs Rs 2500, Ahmedabad. I recommend you to do an engine flush before you switch to synthetic oil.
For the filter, K&N had a bolton typoon kit for the lancer 1.5 that would not only help the engine breath better but also offer better filteration (as per K&n, though opinions do differ)
In Ahmedabad, Nath performance would help you out with the procurement as well as perfect fitment. PM me for the phone number of Nath Performance.
Old 2nd March 2007, 19:20   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

You're considering an engine-change?

Use Mobil1 5W-50. K&N choice is right

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd March 2007 at 19:26.
Old 2nd March 2007, 19:45   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Sam had a complete engine diarrhea done for his Lancer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-birthday.html

Last edited by theMAG : 2nd March 2007 at 19:47.
Old 4th March 2007, 10:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

@theMAG: thanks for the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhavit46 View Post
Hi! I have used Shell Helix Ultra (full synthetic oil) and its one of the best in terms of keeping the engine cool and providing protection. Though Mobil one is much superior than the Shell, but its hard to beat Shell for it value for money. 4 lts of Shell Helix ulra costs Rs 2500, Ahmedabad. I recommend you to do an engine flush before you switch to synthetic oil.
For the filter, K&N had a bolton typoon kit for the lancer 1.5 that would not only help the engine breath better but also offer better filteration (as per K&n, though opinions do differ)
In Ahmedabad, Nath performance would help you out with the procurement as well as perfect fitment. PM me for the phone number of Nath Performance.

Thanks bhavit. what's the price of the K&N typhoon bolt-on? any ideas? also any other brands they carry?
Old 4th March 2007, 14:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Filter choice:A conical filter with proper plumbing.
Oil: 5w50 is right.My experiences with Mobil1 and OWS are very good.
Dont forget to flush ur engine. Various brands available:STP,Sonax,OWS,etc..
Old 4th March 2007, 16:32   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
@theMAG: thanks for the link.

Thanks bhavit. what's the price of the K&N typhoon bolt-on? any ideas? also any other brands they carry?
I have asked Nath Performance about the K&N typhoon kit for lancer but he confirmed that Methods Automotive has recently discontinued it. But you could get a bolt on kit from Green airfilters. Nath performance stocks Magnaflow, Borla, K&N, Sonax, Pete's performance tuning box and they can also import stuff you want. They also do customize jobs if the bolt on parts are unavailable.
The name of the In charge person is Jyot Nath who is my good friend and i source the performance parts for my Palio from him.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks