Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2004, 17:19   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]It this car specific? I want to know if this is recommended for my Tata Indigo Petrol?
good point Milind. I think 93 would benefit cars that have a higher compression ratio more than they would ones that are more...now how should I put this...simplistic! The Indica petrol is based on teh block of the diesel and I doubt you would notice any difference using 93.

But hey, I may be wrong!! Try a tankful and see I guess. Don't forget to tell us the results.

Rt
Old 6th August 2004, 21:48   #17
BHPian

I back Rtech on this. Doubt that the Indigo will benefit significantly from Speed93.

GTO
Old 26th August 2004, 12:38   #18
Senior - BHPian

i too noticed an instant surge in engine power and more smoothness in the engine with speed 93. but one point , how high should the compression be ?
will a compression ratio of 9:1 be called a high compression engine ?? or is it above that ??

clear ma doubts people !!

cheers
Old 26th August 2004, 13:53   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]will a compression ratio of 9:1 be called a high compression engine ?? or is it above that ??
I had done some research before using 93 in my C and the Vtec. A guy from the motorsport modifications scene told me that any engine over and including 9:1 would benefit greatly from Speed93.

GTO
Old 26th August 2004, 19:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

thnx gto
Old 2nd September 2004, 20:50   #21
BHPian

Something I've been wondering about - does Speed or Power petrol offer any significant advantage to owners of a 98/99 Zen (MH410) ? I was told that it only makes sense for newer MPFI cars and mine is not, so...

- Aalaap
Old 2nd September 2004, 21:12   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (aalaap @ Sep. 02 2004,19:20)]Something I've been wondering about - does Speed or Power petrol offer any significant advantage to owners of a 98/99 Zen (MH410) ? I was told that it only makes sense for newer MPFI cars and mine is not, so...
Hey Aalap,

Speed 93 can basically be broken down into two parts.

Speed - Is basically petrol with additives to help clean the injectors of a MPFI car to prevent gumming/clogging of the injectors with dirt and impurities. Hence, it would not make any (good) difference on a carb'd car.

93 - Ths is the octane rating. (ie 93 octane, probably measured the RON way). Now this will help a car running a compression ratio of about 9:1 or greater (regardless of whether is is carb'd or MPFI). The MPFI zens have a CR of 9.4:1, not sure about your older carbd zens....? anyone?

Conclusion - running "sada" speed in your zen wont make much of a difference....but if you run the higher octane stuff you probably will notice a difference.

cya
R

ps - if you want the octane without the additives theres the BP(?) 91 octane premium fuel...which is supposed to be pretty good!
Old 1st October 2004, 17:05   #23

Frankly ppl i have tried all alternatives on the Palio 1.6 and the Siena 1.2 and it dont make much of a diff. the issues on low rpm jerking and high rpm knocking is largely caused by adulterated fuel or bad air filter. STRONG RECOMMENDATION that you install a K&N Filter and fill gas from company owned pumps. as for knocking in high end cars, the knock sensors may have dirt or damaged and should be adjusted/replaced. With the K&N the low rpm jerking and knocking if any goes away. one gets a clean acceleration and smooth drive with minimum resistance on the roll. while the filter is expensive, its a lifetime waarranty upto million MILES (not km) and cleaning can be done once every 50000 miles. its wash and reuse. there is a separate cleaning kit - a do it yurself. so dont go arounf wasting too much on mods and high octane given our road conditions. use the money efficiently in getting your car to breahte well and your ECU to compute the right mixture and FE. cheerz.
Old 5th November 2004, 22:03   #24
Senior - BHPian

I have been filling up my carb zen with speed93 for a while now. Occasionally when i go on long trips, i have to contend with normal unleaded or speed. But when i come back and fill the car up with speed93 from the company owned pump at Kmgl, the improvement in response and pick up is quite noticeable.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 19th September 2005, 17:40   #25
BHPian

high octane not recommended for mpfi vehicles
Old 19th September 2005, 17:56   #26
BANNED

whatz better for my opel sail 1.4
iftex system g with normal fuel
or
speed 93/power/xtrapremium
Old 19th September 2005, 19:16   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys
high octane not recommended for mpfi vehicles
What???? Throw some light on that pls...

p.s: can someone tell me where can I find speed93 around rajajinagar area in Blore?? It would be great 2 try it for myself after all your reviews...
Old 19th September 2005, 22:17   #28
BHPian

Has anyone got any stats for Diesel ?

regular Diesel v/s High Speed Diesel of BP.... ?

And yes... Any one heard of any reason why you cannot use High Speed Diesel in the older engines ?
Old 20th September 2005, 01:27   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon
Has anyone got any stats for Diesel ?

regular Diesel v/s High Speed Diesel of BP.... ?

And yes... Any one heard of any reason why you cannot use High Speed Diesel in the older engines ?
Diesel is diesel yaar, fill it anywhere...just kidding!!! Heard BP diesel is good...makes the engine lil smoother. Will be more noticeable on older cars.
Old 20th September 2005, 08:17   #30
BHPian

With BP I get around 15kmpl under normal driving in blore city. Some how I always hadproblems with the IBP brew. Engine becomes noisy and rough and FE drops to 13kmpl. HP hi-speed is good. No increase in FE as such but engine runs pretty smooth.

My advice - stick to BP. Good fuel, good service.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks