Team-BHP - Baleno bumper crack issue
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Baleno bumper crack issue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/22214-baleno-bumper-crack-issue.html)

Hello fellow BHPians,

Need your advice and giudance on the issue

I just cracked a small portion of my fromt bumpers of my baleno,
The crack has propagated about 6 - 7 CMS.

Appreciate your views on how to fix it or should I replace this
If I need to replace how much would this cost,
If I need to repair how do i do it and how much would it rougly cost.

Thanks

Similar thread , Read this might help u
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...per-issue.html

Hey KPzen, I am aware of this thread, the issue there is of the dent, but my problem is that the bumper has cracked.

Gents,

Come on help me on this one

The quote I got from maruti dealer is 4700+3000 inclusive of painting,
Another local mechanic has quoted 700 bucks,
he suggested "Stitching" it, He gave some theory of binding it together with a plastic thread and repainting the area.

What would the experts suggest

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar (Post 390154)
The quote I got from maruti dealer is 4700+3000 inclusive of painting,
Another local mechanic has quoted 700 bucks,
he suggested "Stitching" it, He gave some theory of binding it together with a plastic thread and repainting the area.....

Hi Kiran,

Even I have a cracked bumper. Even I have got a similar quote. what the mechanic will do most probably will be simply cosmetic. The bumper will look patched in any case. Question is whether you are bothered about the looks or the apparent safety that the bumper provides to the body. In my case I am for the latter but I am waiting for an opportune moment to replace my bumper.

Hi Kiran,

It would be better if you post a pic so that see where the crach is. Stitching is one option the other is heating it to bond the two together and then of course painting it. You can go to a private garage who should do the painting much cheaper for you. Cost for repair + painting entire bumper shoul dnot be more than 2k. If done in a booth 2.5k max.

You also have the option of buying a 2nd hand bumper from chor bazaar.

Viper

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar (Post 389969)
Hello fellow BHPians,

Need your advice and giudance on the issue

I just cracked a small portion of my fromt bumpers of my baleno,
The crack has propagated about 6 - 7 CMS.

Appreciate your views on how to fix it or should I replace this
If I need to replace how much would this cost,
If I need to repair how do i do it and how much would it rougly cost.

Thanks

Talk to Suren. He had his Santro's bumper was torn off. This was heated and joined together and the whole thing repainted. I have seen this bumper. You will never say that this was a repaired bumper. The cost is 3k. He might give you the details.

One of my friends had cracked his zen bumper...He went to the local guy to get it heated and joined and repainted but it didnt last for long (he is a bad driver though...kept banging the bumper in every parking lot)... The cosmetics were taken care of . I think you can go for the heating and repainting job. But If its more than 2k then you are better off buying a new bumper

Rishi did the bumper crack at the same place that it had been repaired

Hi Kiran,
If you are in Hyderabad, i would suggest you try at TVS collision repair centre(opp. to IDPL, Kukatpally). They would heat the same and repaint the same. And the total cost should be around 2.5-3.0K.

I got it done on my NHC which was banged when reversing and the bumper got pressed and cracked. They did a good job on my vehicle.

Ramesh Chandra

hi kiran, in fact this is my first post on joing TBHP:)
well im aware of this bumper issue, cause this happened to my buddy in Trivandrum, Kerala.
The crack was stitched and painted and it all cost us Rs.1100/-
An authorised maruti dealer did this for us.

Guys

Thanks for all your inputs,

I have now sorted this out, The mechanic has riveted a metal sheet that is holding the crack together and then repainted this its as good as new.

And only 700 bucks for this. :Cheering:

Thanks again I now need to sort my windshield scratches..
god maintainance has become so challenging.