Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 22:48   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
Yes he drove around 20- 30 kms without coolant

BTW can a head be repaired in any case ?
Just as I thought....

yes the head can be repaired (shaved I guess is the better word) but if the damage is too much, it won't do. The best option that I can think of is Chor Bazaar. if they have already opened the engine, I doubt if he can get his car out for a second opinion. It might not be in running condition or atleast that's what the service guys would say.
Old 27th June 2008, 12:58   #17
BHPian

This thread is old, but the title " Ikonic Troubles" is perfect.

My ikon 1.6 engine dies everytime I slow down in normal driving condition.

In normal driving condition, I mean, when one have to stop. We first release the throttle, apply brakes gently using engine braking. When its slow enough, we press clutch before engine stalls.

Now I am unable to drive normally as explained above. I have to press clutch immediately and use brakes ONLY to slow and stop so the engine will not die.

This happened after I had my AC serviced. Don't know whether there is any link to it or mere coincidence. Will appreciate any help from fellow bloggers.
Old 27th June 2008, 15:42   #18
BHPian

@Wolf get your car to either Gurgaon or Vasant Kunj Harpreet Ford.
I had similar problems when one of the coolant routing pipes burst and the engine over heated, surprisingly the temp needle showed half point at that time and when i openned the bonnet the smoke comming out was like a barbeque was going on inside the engine. The advisor told me that if the car has run for a long time there is quite a chance of a head job, to which i said "BULLSH*T" and told them to just replace what was damaged(i.e the broken routing pipe.) A head MAINLY would require any sort of repair after the engine has clocked quite some kms on it or unless the car is driven in a way that it would invite that sort of a work.(Racing purpose.)
I guess the problem with Ford supervisors might be that they are either underpaid or are trained to take the customer for a ride because i slipped in a 100 rupee note to get the work done and then he told me that head job is not required now and just fixing the the coolant routing pipe would do the job. Then i asked him if i did decide to get the head done how much would it be for, to which he answered about Rs.50000 to 60000. Someone was willing to get me a Toyota engine at that price.
Other problem is that there are very few mechanics who are aware of Ford engines in Delhi and most of them end up screwing the engine than doing it good.
@Wolfinstein if you can just wait till tomorrow i have managed to find a guy who is experienced with Opel and Ford cars and am going to him for a little work on a friend's Astra so if i find him good at his work i'll let you know. I have got your number and anyways we will be meeting at the meet.

BTW i am still waiting for your reply to my PM

Last edited by abhik : 27th June 2008 at 15:51.
Old 27th June 2008, 15:52   #19
BHPian

Man! Sorry guys failed to noyice that the thread is so old....nevermind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks