Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2007, 17:12   #16
BHPian

I went to Shaman Auto this morning. The place is wedged right between 2 slums near Sewri. They took the car into the service area and then told me to come after 2 days. The reason: we are having only 3 cars for service today, and our mechanics don't feel like coming today.

I asked them for a complaint book and they said it would be better if you speak to management when you come back tomorrow.

I was disgusted. It was the second time in a row that TATA provided excellent non-service.

Stranded on a Sunday, I decided to take a chance and called up a few other places.

Cadell Auto Service at Shivaji Park agree to take my car without an appointment. When I reached there, they had a few cars on the ramp. I had to wait for few minutes and then my car was taken in. The oil and filter was changed. They have a policy of changing everything in front of the customer.
Air filter was cleaned. PUC was done. Spray wash and the car was ready to roll.

All this in less than 90 minutes. No frills service. The bill was 802. They did not try and sell me a million items. And I was with the car throughout.
Old 25th March 2007, 19:08   #17
elf
BANNED

Great. Now that you've taken the plunge, stick to the guys who aren't authorized.

Authorized Service Stations think their acronyms are a licence to behave so, not just a convenience.
Old 25th March 2007, 19:31   #18
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Just saw that thread of yours, but there is nothing extraordinarily different from other A.S.S. All the people in that thread that who claimed that they did not have a problem with that dealership, have simply given their car & left whereas you decided to stay put & wait......
Exactly....

You know... over the years, getting all those Maruti's serviced, i have just learnt one thing.... if you are going to any A.S.S., just go for a regular service. NEVER complain about anything.... just say my car is perfect, just clean it up and give it back ASAP.

If your car has a small problem, and if you can't fix it yourself.. believe me they can't either.

Big problems anyways have to be taken care of.... and the A.A.S. guys normally do a fine job with it.
Old 25th March 2007, 22:16   #19
BHPian

Ab, I can understand, My friend with his Ikon goes through this every service, I suggest you mail Tata about the issue..!

Thankfully both TASC Vivek and HM Mitsubishi Excel are excellent in their service, I never had to leave my cars overnight for a service- I wonder how many in Delhi actually do that..!
Old 26th March 2007, 08:39   #20
BHPian

elf: Cadell is also an authorised TATA service point. Needless to mention, I will stick to them for a while.
Old 26th March 2007, 09:43   #21
elf
BANNED

Oh. Sorry Luke, I thought you'd come over to the Dark Side.

Obi Wan has taught you well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks