Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2007, 15:15   #1
BHPian

Shortcut Service - Is it possible?

Hi Guys,

My Indica XETA is due for 2nd service, not because it has crossed
10000kms but because it will be a year old.

Is it possible to go to a TASC and get the papers stamped without
doing any service? My car is doing fine (touch wood) and I don't
want to walk out with more problems than I went in.

Can they simply do an inspection and stamp the warranty coupon?
First service has left a bad taste in my mouth and really don't want
the agony again.

I faced the same problems with Bajaj service earlier. I stopped
going to them after few services. My bike is now 4 years and
57000kms strong.

Thanks,
abdriver2000

Mods, please move the thread if it is in an incorrect location.
Old 19th March 2007, 15:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dude, atleast get the oil and consumables changed.
Old 19th March 2007, 15:50   #3
Team-BHP Support

I second nitrous. My elder brother was reluctant on getting engine oil changed in our old Zen and always kept saying that it doesn't need any service and is running very smooth. I had to force the car to the service station and we ended up finding thick black oil which was almost thick as grease. Thankfully it was just in time that we got oil replaced!
Old 19th March 2007, 16:30   #4
Senior - BHPian

You seem like a kid who is visiting his dentist for the second time. You gotto change the oils & filters unless you are planning to tow your car to the TASC. If you are not comfortable with TASC, find a local chap & sit with him & finish the job without leaving your car.
Old 19th March 2007, 17:15   #5
BHPian

Guys,

I will change the oils for sure, just that I dont want it to be done at TASC. I dont want to fill 4.5 litres and then pay an inflated price for 5 litres.

Besides I can go for my own choice of oil outside.

I love my car and bike and do regular maintenance myself. I just don't like these so-called authorised guys who are nothing but a bunch of ignorant guys.
Old 19th March 2007, 17:17   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
You seem like a kid who is visiting his dentist for the second time. You gotto change the oils & filters unless you are planning to tow your car to the TASC. If you are not comfortable with TASC, find a local chap & sit with him & finish the job without leaving your car.
Here is the link to my first appointment with the dentist. Hope you understand my 'agony' now.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-de...tune-cars.html
Old 20th March 2007, 11:37   #7
elf
BANNED

@abdriver2000:
Heck! After reading your posts on the above thread, I don't think anybody here's ever going to buy / service a car from those imbeciles at (mis)Fortune.

If it's only an oil / filter change you want, go to a garage which makes you happy. If you want to go to the one I've been going to for the past 14 years, it's Franco Auto Works at Gazdar Bandh Road, Santacruz. Contact D'Souza (manager) there, on (022) 2660 3320 for an appointment. PM me if you'd like more information.

Please note two important things before, and if, you rush off to Franco:

1. They're a full service workshop (mechanicals, body, interior, etc.) but are not authorized by any manufacturer. Hence, you'll have to pay for parts & labour & won't get an Authorised Service Centre stamp in your Service Manual.

2. You may void your warranty or at the very least, spoil your service history which may affect resale value. However, you should get some peace of mind if that's what you're looking for.
Old 20th March 2007, 12:38   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats one freakish experience. Nothing short of the more publicized Fiat Service.

Pertaining to your current problem, from a resale PoV, a clean service record is a must. But as an affected owner, you should escalate this problem to Tata directly
Old 20th March 2007, 13:38   #9
BHPian

@ Abdriver

Well if you skip it you lose warranty, i suggest you could try a different dealer or Better yet get all the work done in front of you..! If you leave your car and walk out..! Then you cannot blame the workers for not doing there job...!

The Extended warranty will also become Void as the Third Party company- United India wil check all service records with the Central system before approving warranty claims..!

Each Service is now recorded on a Central TATA Siebel CRM software interlinked to each Region server, so it will become essential..!

BTW there is nothing much in the second service- i got it done a month back- Got the Engine Oil Changed to Castrol Magnatec- The workshop allows you to bring your own TATA approved Oil which are Castrol,Mobil1,Servo.

General Check- Underbody Torquing, Fuel Filter change (i had to buy the part but did not install it as I am running more on CNG), Spark Plug adjustment,Brake Pad Sand Papering, Wheel Rotation and Car Wash..Nothing else which will scare you..! Just ensure you take out time and get the work done infront of your eyes..! Its worth it..!
Hope you have a better expierence now..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 20th March 2007 at 13:41.
Old 20th March 2007, 14:33   #10
BHPian

I would want the work to be carried out in front of me, but these people will usually shove you out and ask you to patiently wait in the customer bay while they do nasty things to your car.

elf: I will keep your suggestion in mind, but that will be after my free service/extended warranty is over.
Old 20th March 2007, 14:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Just saw that thread of yours, but there is nothing extraordinarily different from other A.S.S. All the people in that thread that who claimed that they did not have a problem with that dealership, have simply given their car & left whereas you decided to stay put & wait, so they were not aware of what goes on inside & were satisified seeing their cars shiny & new. I think you should never go to an A.S.S. Better find a good garage close by & get your works carried out there & forget the warranty & service record.
Old 20th March 2007, 15:23   #12
BHPian

I have taken an appointment with Shaman Auto, Sewri for Sunday 9.30am. Lets see how it goes.
Old 20th March 2007, 17:49   #13
BHPian

I think it depends on the kind of workshop you deal with, Excel Motors also does not generally allow customers in the Bay, But as long as you don't interfere with the Working Mechs, They have no issues- and are glad to provide you tea,coffee,water,juice right by your ride..!

Vivek the TASC who handles my XETA also follows a No Customer on Floor without permission Norm, However are more than glad to allow you to inspect at regular intervals..!

Any Part change can be specifically requested to be done in front of you.

Try a Different Center, and I suggest don't take risk with outside service--Your car is worth the warranty period.
Old 22nd March 2007, 17:01   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein View Post
I think it depends on the kind of workshop you deal with, Excel Motors also does not generally allow customers in the Bay, But as long as you don't interfere with the Working Mechs, They have no issues- and are glad to provide you tea,coffee,water,juice right by your ride..!

Vivek the TASC who handles my XETA also follows a No Customer on Floor without permission Norm, However are more than glad to allow you to inspect at regular intervals..!

Any Part change can be specifically requested to be done in front of you.

Try a Different Center, and I suggest don't take risk with outside service--Your car is worth the warranty period.
As far as misFortune cars is concerned,
Pointing out oil footprints they put in your car is interference.
Complaining about dents they put in your doors is interference.
Questioning about 4 hours to wash the car is interference.
Trying to get any of your problems resolved is interference.

Refusing to toe their line is interference!

It still makes my blood boil when I think of the day I visited them.

I am trying a different center this time... it is near to my home and has a good reputation servicing ford and fiat cars. Hopefully they will treat a TATA customer nicely as well.
Old 22nd March 2007, 18:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

I agree with all of the above where going to an A.S.S. has caused more agony than happiness & I'm a victim of that. I've espoused this at various threads here that you may look up by searching since I don't remember where all I've mentioned..!

As a rule, now I've stopped going to A.S.S and hell with the warranty. I've been visiting this garage in Gurgaon for the past several years and get my beasts serviced at every 5000K without fail.

They have been and are purring like a well fed cat and giving me pretty good FE. Howsoever good the A.S.S may be, but I would certainly like to witness what goes in and out of my vehicles. If someone doesn't allow, then it is plain suspicious and shady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdriver2000 View Post
As far as misFortune cars is concerned,
Pointing out oil footprints they put in your car is interference.
Complaining about dents they put in your doors is interference.
Questioning about 4 hours to wash the car is interference.
Trying to get any of your problems resolved is interference.

Refusing to toe their line is interference!

It still makes my blood boil when I think of the day I visited them.

I am trying a different center this time... it is near to my home and has a good reputation servicing ford and fiat cars. Hopefully they will treat a TATA customer nicely as well.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks