Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2007, 12:20   #1
BHPian

Paint stains on my car

Hello Bhpians,

How to remove the paint stains which i have on my red swift. I taken to Maruti service center the service engg. said it cannot be done through rubbing and polishing b'coz its an enamel paint. Pls any one can suggest me how to remove the stains it looks very odd.

Thanks in advance
Old 20th March 2007, 13:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

How did the stains get there in the first place?
Old 20th March 2007, 13:32   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetu View Post
Hello Bhpians,

How to remove the paint stains which i have on my red swift. I taken to Maruti service center the service engg. said it cannot be done through rubbing and polishing b'coz its an enamel paint. Pls any one can suggest me how to remove the stains it looks very odd.

Thanks in advance
Hi Chetu, I had paint stains on my Palio when a Santro parked next to my car opened its doors real fast and caused them to bang against my car doors causing small dents and leaving paint on the surface. Rubbing / polishing helped in getting rid of the paint stains and it worked great.
Old 20th March 2007, 13:38   #4
BHPian

I parked my car near to the place where new house construction was going on. now it has become dry i cannot remove it. its more on roof and bannet.
Old 20th March 2007, 14:43   #5
BHPian

Bhpians, pls give me some suggestions how to get rid of the stains. My car is just 5months old, i really feel bad to look into those stains.
Old 20th March 2007, 15:26   #6
Team-BHP Support

Get a small dubba of rubbing compound and rub it against the stains and see if it works. I think it should work!
Old 20th March 2007, 15:30   #7
BHPian

@moralfibre

I tried but failed to remove. is there any way to remove the stains?
Old 20th March 2007, 16:31   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetu View Post
I tried but failed to remove. is there any way to remove the stains?
Is it possible to post some pictures of the affected areas? Some closeups should help.
Old 20th March 2007, 16:38   #9
BHPian

sure, i will post it tomorrow. It has white dots on roof and bannet which looks very ugly in close up.
Old 20th March 2007, 16:54   #10
BHPian

Get a small bottle of Nail polish remover and try to rub it out. It usually works well with the wall distemper kind of paints, with enamel i am not so sure. Also if it does work make sure you get your car waxed really well after removing the paint stains
Old 20th March 2007, 17:15   #11
Senior - BHPian

Er.. how about moistening a cloth with a little bit of paint thinner and applying on the affected areas? Am not sure about the outcome though. You could try a very small area with this and see if it helps (say the extreme lower part of the bumpers). The main criteria is that the thinner should not affect the body paint in any way. But, PLEASE check with the gurus first. I could be horribly wrong and would hate to ruin your car. Or, better yet, take your car to a reputed paint/polish shop.
Old 20th March 2007, 17:32   #12
BHPian

Hi Chetu,
I had similar problems on my new Alto. It was a white cement and had become white patches on the roof and windscreen. I took it to Suraksha on hosur road and he did a great job of removing it without any trace. You can contact Lokesh in Surakshaa.
Old 20th March 2007, 18:06   #13
elf
BANNED

Chetu: You'll have to have the paint 'cut'. That means, you take it to a competent workshop, show them the problem & stand back while they do the work, which would involve cutting the paint with a super fine grit sandpaper, then rubbing & polishing the entire surface to a lustre.

Do not try this or other methods mentioned above yourself under any circumstances - you'll end up with a really busted paintjob.
Old 20th March 2007, 18:18   #14
BHPian

@elf

Even the service engg. from maruti told the same. but i have one doubt cutting the paint with a super fine grit sandpaper is it effect my original paint?
Old 21st March 2007, 14:43   #15
Awaiting Email Confirmation

paint cutting isnt that hard just get a 1200# paper and ask your local painter to do it and finally polish the car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks