Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2020, 00:58   #1
BANNED

BS6 Ford Freestyle won't start, problem persists despite multiple dealership visits

A BS6 Ford Freestyle's owner shares about his bad experiences with his brand new car and the service center. The car wouldn't start at times or would give low battery warning while on the run, every time the issue re-occurs, service center guys gave different reasons for the same issue.

Reasons given:
  1. Relay problem
  2. Software glitch
  3. No reason given as the issue couldn't be replicated at the service center
  4. Battery drained and replacement was done
  5. Newly replaced battery drained again by the next day, problem identified as grounding wire
The owner lost his confidence on the car by now and is not sure that if the problem wont repeat again.

More details in the below video.

Last edited by wheelguy : 2nd August 2020 at 01:13.
wheelguy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 03:26   #2
BHPian

Motoroctane did the right thing by escalating it like this. Ford is prompt in my experience and follow up the issue in detail with the service center. Also, once Ford comes into picture, the service center's attitude changes drastically and they put all their efforts into helping you. I hope the issue gets resolved.

Last edited by itsashishsharma : 2nd August 2020 at 03:43.
itsashishsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 08:19   #3
BHPian

re: BS6 Ford Freestyle won't start, problem persists despite multiple dealership visits

I hope it's not a lemon. More than the vehicle breaking down, what's more bothersome is how one will always feel worried about whether it is going to start again or not. Imagine being in the middle of no where, you stop to grab a bite or coffee, come back and suddenly the car refuses to start. Scary.
rahul_jo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2020, 10:54   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: BS6 Ford Freestyle won't start, problem persists despite multiple dealership visits

Mod Note: Thread moved to Tech Stuff. Thanks for sharing!

The Freestyle owner should read SS-Traveller's killer thread on starting issues.
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th August 2020, 16:58   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: BS6 Ford Freestyle won't start, problem persists despite multiple dealership visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
More details in the below video.
I am sorry, but I shall not listen to 21+ minutes of convoluted explanations; however, I would suspect fitment of after-market electrical / electronic accessories. Is that even discussed in the video?
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks