Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2022, 11:19   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)

I found a Delhi based company selling VARTA batteries willing to ship to Bangalore (and all over India):

Bieco Batteries Pvt Ltd
https://www.bieco.in/
WA: +91 90132 31632

The interactions over whatsapp were very prompt and answered all Q&A. I just made the payment and will share my experience after the delivery.

I interacted with Swastik also but they did not have stock (expecting it in a few days it seems) and my interaction experience was not as great. Prices are comparable excl shipping.
androdev is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2022, 09:45   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)

Just a quick update, it was shipped on 19th from Gurgaon and delivered to my Bangalore address on 23rd. Everything went very smooth, I have no hesitation in recommending the vendor. I paid 27200 including shipping (2000+ goes for shipping, 28% GST!!!). I got a quote of Rs 42K from Sundaram Mercedes Bangalore but they were adamant that they will sell it only if I have an E-class (matching VIN for the part). I did ask a friend with an E Class to pick it up for me but then found this vendor Bieco who seemed promising.

I was told it is fresh stock but after receiving battery I did some research on the internet to decode the manufacturing date of Varta batteries. This is made in May 2021, certainly looks to be old stock but my experience with imports in India has been positive even if old stock and I decided not to worry about it much. When I hooked up the charger to the new battery, it was having nearly full charge. Those who wish to buy in future can confirm the production date before placing the order.

There is a 4 letter code on the battery case that tells you the production date. (In the YEAR-MONTH table below, W stands for 2021 row, May column. Other instances of W can be ignored)

Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-01fourlettercode.jpeg
Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-02fourlletterdecoder.png
https://technoluxpro.com/en/akkumuly...vki-varta.html

Battery also has 13 digit VIN that can be decoded.

Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-0313digitvin.jpeg
Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-0413digitvindecoder.png
http://battery-code.info/web/index.p...2Fbrand&bid=26

Pics of the battery:
Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-06pack.jpg
Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-07battery.jpg
Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-08charging.jpg

Last edited by androdev : 24th January 2022 at 09:57.
androdev is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 8th March 2022, 23:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

Considering the main distributor is or own Bhpian. A request for Moderators to add swastikfabs as one of the main source for German batteries on team-bhp portal and with contact detail where we can contact them for our requirements. I was looking for a replacement battery for my GS 1200 and their battery is as good as OEM at very reasonable price. Not looking for any discount but a direct contact for purchase would be really beneficial for people like me.
Randhawa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 16:11   #19

Hi All,

Has anyone found a reliable dealer for Varta battery in Mumbai? I have a 2018 diesel x1 and seems the lockdown has not been kind to the battery. Thinking about replacing it though it still gives me a start even though a bit delayed.
Old 14th August 2022, 20:43   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushants View Post
Hi All,

Has anyone found a reliable dealer for Varta battery in Mumbai? I have a 2018 diesel x1 and seems the lockdown has not been kind to the battery. Thinking about replacing it though it still gives me a start even though a bit delayed.
The Varta dealer in Mumbai was partially responsive (covid time).
The Banglore dealer Vijay, Swastik Fabs was very prompt and got my X3 battery via Gati home delivered.
Have a couple of pictures of your OE battery and specs ready when calling up Swastik Fabs to send via whatsapp, so they can give the best option available.
Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 11:41   #21

Thank you! I spoke to Swatik Fabs and they were super responsive. Replied with details at 10:30 pm.

However, there is a confusion. They are offering better specs -Varta battery Silver with same 70AH as original but with better 760 CCA instead of 720 CCA in the original.

This will work well with my X1. But I will need to register the battery and do the coding for different specs. Anyone can help with coding? I downloaded BimmerCode App but don’t have the connector. Also not sure if buying the connector will be sufficient for coding - I might need other software as well.

I am really keen to learn this and become Aatma Nirbhar. Can someone help? I will be grateful and willing to compensate in whichever way feasible.
Old 21st August 2022, 10:55   #22
BHPian

I have been using Carly for sometime and it works quite well. You will get the software if you buy the OBD adapter from them. If you were in Bangalore, I could have helped you code.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 18:38   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushants View Post
Thank you! I spoke to Swatik Fabs and they were super responsive. Replied with details at 10:30 pm.

However, there is a confusion. They are offering better specs -Varta battery Silver with same 70AH as original but with better 760 CCA instead of 720 CCA in the original.

This will work well with my X1. But I will need to register the battery and do the coding for different specs..
I did think, very briefly, about how to register and life became so simple when I took the car to a FNG who has the OEM OBD Scanner. Some other faults were reset and Battery registered, all done in a couple of minutes.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2022, 22:25   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happysmiles View Post
I did think, very briefly, about how to register and life became so simple when I took the car to a FNG who has the OEM OBD Scanner. Some other faults were reset and Battery registered, all done in a couple of minutes.
How much did the FNG charge you for coding?
Old 24th August 2022, 06:30   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by el lobo 6061 View Post
How much did the FNG charge you for coding?
INR 1000 for scanning and erasing faults.

Attaching a couple of pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-eabc012ac8754908be822831e73f622a.jpeg  

Buying Varta AGM Batteries for German luxury cars (Mercedes, BMW, Audi)-28db6057726f4ebeb5170a2ca0d92855.jpeg  

Attached Images

Happysmiles is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 17:44   #26
BHPian

I have a 2018 XC90 and I get the 'start stop service required' message, this means that I may have to replace the aux battery. Its a 12 V 10AH AGM battery. I am unable to find any online (checked with the bangalore battery maker as well posted earlier). Any one replaced their AUX batteries recently (the smaller one).

Thanks
Old 17th April 2023, 20:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I found a Delhi based company selling VARTA batteries willing to ship to Bangalore (and all over India):

Bieco Batteries Pvt Ltd
https://www.bieco.in/
WA: +91 90132 31632

The interactions over whatsapp were very prompt and answered all Q&A. I just made the payment and will share my experience after the delivery.

I interacted with Swastik also but they did not have stock (expecting it in a few days it seems) and my interaction experience was not as great. Prices are comparable excl shipping.

I'd ordered a Varta AGM battery from Bieco around last week. Been a week give or take, payment is done. Radio silence from the dealer. Phone isn't reachable, offline on WhatsApp. Not really sure how do I go about it. I wouldn't recommend dealing with him given my experience. Battery was supposed to be home by now but looks like it won't happen as anticipated.

Will keep my experience posted here if anything progresses.
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2023, 20:33   #28

@varun_HexaGuy: did you hear back from Bieco. My Nissan Kicks (1.3 CVT) needs a Varta EFB battery. Want to know your experience before i engage with Bieco folks, TIA
Old 4th September 2023, 15:57   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Just a quick update, it was shipped on 19th from Gurgaon and delivered to my Bangalore address on 23rd. Everything went very smooth, I have no hesitation in recommending the vendor. I paid 27200 including shipping (2000+ goes for shipping, 28% GST!!!). I got a quote of Rs 42K from Sundaram Mercedes Bangalore but they were adamant that they will sell it only if I have an E-class (matching VIN for the part). I did ask a friend with an E Class to pick it up for me but then found this vendor Bieco who seemed promising.
Hey Androdev,

My relative owns a Mercedes but he gets pathetic lifetime on MB ones, under the plastic sticker if I check looks like provision top up with battery fluid/distilled water.

Even the pic you posted seems to have that kindof provision. Are these batteries not meant to be topped off?
Old 4th September 2023, 16:15   #30
BHPian

I am not a luxury car owner but recall all my earlier VWs having Varta batteries.

On my first battery change for my current VW, I would like to have an AGM Varta battery as a replacement and the dealers name will certainly be useful.

Appreciate you sharing it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks