Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2007, 16:42   #16
BHPian

When you pass over a rough speedbreaker, you instinctively press the clutch down to prevent the vehicle from stopping. And since the clutch is in pressed condition, gear shift can take place, if the gear is subjected to heavy vibration due to the rough road. The simple solution is to keep the gear in its place by hand.
Old 4th April 2007, 03:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Judging from your's, rks' and iraghava's experience this seems to be a common enginering flaw with those models of Santro. And iraghava's added experience of HASS not being able to do anything abt it points to the direction this problem will go in your case as well.
true design fault indeed.
changing the gear rubber bush kit solves this though for at least for 24 mnths.
Old 4th April 2007, 12:55   #18
Team-BHP Support

I faced a similar issue when I was a co-passenger in my bro-in-law's Santro on Sunday. The car hit a rough patch of road and suddenly shifted to neutral. I saw it happen and I told my brother in law to get it checked and he already knew that it is a common problem with the Santro. Someone should write about this to Hyundai to get it rectified and fixed, hopefully they will!
Old 11th August 2008, 14:21   #19
BHPian

Santro AT shifts to neutral

Sorry to dig into this old thread.
I have a Santro Automatic, 1.5 months old.
Yesterday, I started the car put the gear lever to D and then tried to look for a CD in the glove box. I happend to hit the gear lever by mistake and it shifted to Neutral (N). Now i have to press the big button on the AT gear lever to actually move it from P to R or D.

Then I checked it again. I can actually shift the gear from "D to N" or from "R to N" without pressing the button on the gear lever.

Any other combination of gear change requires me to press the button. Is this the issue with my car or with all Santro AT's.

Santro gear shifts suddenly into neutral-dscn9301.jpg

-Shashi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks