Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 09:28   #31
Senior - BHPian

Does 42K on a Corolla qualify for ac cleaning. Did check with Toyota service in May and then they said it was fine. However, I do remember getting my Zen AC cleaned after 45K when there was no cold air coming at all.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:12   #32
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Does 42K on a Corolla qualify for ac cleaning. Did check with Toyota service in May and then they said it was fine.
vasudeva,

If you have checked with the A.S.S and they have said that its fine, then don't go ahead for any cleaning by them. What you can do if you are a DIY-er is to get the system cleaned at home using an a/c neutralizer.

By the by, how old is the car? Wait till the summer next year and then do a full service to keep the system running in top form.

Regards,
gpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar9 View Post
Does this mean that i need to clean some kind of filter somewhere? Can some throw some light on this?.
jaguar9,

AFAIK, there is no filter setup on the Santro. The ducts from outside lead directly into the cooling coils box underneath the dashboard. From what you have mentioned, it does seem like a lot of mud/dust has entred your a/c system and so the condensation (when you turn on the a/c) is creating the wet mud smell. This is unhygienic and is a potential health hazard.

Get your entire a/c system cleaned and serviced by either a HASS or reputed a/c mechanic.

Regards,
gpa
Old 31st August 2009, 15:03   #33
BHPian

smoke/cloud blowing in

In my 2003 corolla, when i switch the AC on (at 22 c), after about 15-20 minutes, some kind of cloud like air starts blowing in?????

When i use the 'recycle air' button, then i do not see this. What could be the problem?
Old 31st August 2009, 15:06   #34
Senior - BHPian

Only a Toyota service advisor would be able to let you know. Have not seen this in my car. Could be super-efficient AC which results in simulating a hill-station effect!
Old 31st August 2009, 15:14   #35
BHPian

'Hill Station' effect in the car ...I will wait for some help this week and visit the service station this weekend before i notice 'snow man' sitting next to me
Old 7th September 2009, 14:58   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
vasudeva,

jaguar9,

AFAIK, there is no filter setup on the Santro. The ducts from outside lead directly into the cooling coils box underneath the dashboard. From what you have mentioned, it does seem like a lot of mud/dust has entred your a/c system and so the condensation (when you turn on the a/c) is creating the wet mud smell. This is unhygienic and is a potential health hazard.

Get your entire a/c system cleaned and serviced by either a HASS or reputed a/c mechanic.

Regards,
gpa

Thanks a lot GPA for replying to my query.

Just one more question.
Since apart from the dust smell my AC is working fine, will it be ok if i use the GULF A/C neutralizer and clean it thoroughly?
Coz I dont know any good place in bangalore to get the AC work done.

Regards
Gaurav
Old 8th September 2009, 15:36   #37
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguar9 View Post
Since apart from the dust smell my AC is working fine, will it be ok if i use the GULF A/C neutralizer and clean it thoroughly?Coz I dont know any good place in bangalore to get the AC work done.
Gaurav,

The neutralizer does what its supposed to do - neutralize and disinfect the a/c system. It is not a proprietary cleaner meant to remove stubborn dirt lodged inside the system. So to get the cooling coils cleaned by your HASS or a compentent a/c mechanic. The system needs to be dismantled and the cooling coils removed and cleaned.

You can then use the gulf a/c neutralizer to clean the system as the final step.

Search through the technical section of this forum and you will come across an a/c mechanic (somewhere near brigade road) in Bangalore that did a good job on another Bhp-ian's car.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
gpa
Old 14th September 2009, 12:41   #38

Thanks GPA.
Dismantling it; means quite a job.
Will try to get it done.
Old 14th May 2021, 09:38   #39
BHPian

Re: AC Maintanence/Servicing - Summer time

AC servicing check list

- remove bumper and front grille
- pressure wash and lubicate AC condensor, AC radiotor and blower.
- remove and clean cooling coil.
- Top up AC gas.
- Top up AC lubricant oil.
- check mating O-Rings for leakage.
skdking is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks