Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Old 20th September 2020, 21:31   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Fuel injector rusted in 2 year old Skoda Rapid within warranty! Astronomical quote from Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post
All brands extensively test and adjust their vehicles for India. It goes without saying they should take in to account the quality and RON of fuel available as well. ... ... ...
Absolutely agree. If the thing cannot be driven here and run on fuel available here, it is unfit for purpose and the sale itself is a fraud.

It is like selling some apparently tough tool and then saying it can only be used in a cleanroom!

I do not see how it is possible for any vehicle, petrol or diesel, not to have some water in its fuel. Bottom line: condensation happens in fuel tanks.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 21:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fuel injector rusted in 2 year old Skoda Rapid within warranty! Astronomical quote from Autobahn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Bottom line: condensation happens in fuel tanks.
Absolutely. Especially with ethanol legally blended to petrol nowadays.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 22:12   #78

Doesn't Skoda have any sort of sensor in the fuel circuit to prevent anything like this in the first place.

I have seen the case of a Mahindra Bolero m2Dicr showing "Water in fuel" sort of warning in my neighbors vehicle after his 2 sons and nephew decided to fill the fuel tank with water from tap. The vehicle refused to start until a local mechanic apparently "drained" the fuel filter and error went away. I am not aware of the amount of water went into the system but I am told that he did not clean the tank instead his mechanic asked him to fill up the tank and drive the car. This happened 3 years back and the car is fine so I guess it worked.

Also on FIAT Punto diesel filter there is a removable sensor that is transplanted to new filter every time filter is changed. I am told this sensor is to detect water in fuel. ( Correct me if I am wrong )
The Mechanic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2020, 22:28   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Absolutely agree. If the thing cannot be driven here and run on fuel available here...
Extremely noteworthy points there. Your post could be an apt epilogue to the thread.
Old 21st September 2020, 04:28   #80
BHPian

Saw this remark from Zac on FB page.
Attached Thumbnails
Fuel injector rusted in 2 year old Skoda Rapid within warranty! Astronomical quote from Autobahn-screenshot_20200921041752__01.jpg  

Most Viewed