Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2007, 11:58   #1

Security system for Santro Xing

Hi,

I'm a newbie here and just bought the first car of my life - Santro Xing XO. I want to fit a security system in it. The dealer (Sanjay Hyundai, Pune) has recommended Autocop, citing reasons of good service. But I need a second opinion.

Requirements:
1. Security system which is safest, and can't be just overridden by disconnecting the battery.
2. Cost within 8K.
3. Key-less entry.
4. Should be easily overrideable from within the car in case of an emergency.
5. Service levels should be good.

I know it all sounds more like a wishlist of a man in search of a perfect wife, but the more I can get, the better

Please help me choose a good security system.

Regards,
Paul
Old 1st April 2007, 13:08   #2
Team-BHP Support

What about Autocop. I would also suggest a steering wheel to clutch lock or even one that goes across the steering wheel. GRIP used to make these locks in India in the 90s. Today you can get the same as a direct import from China for about Rs. 500-800.
Old 1st April 2007, 13:23   #3
BANNED

Hi,

I would recommend Xenos by Pricol which is trouble free, no false alarms, does its job and best of LIFETIME WARRANTY. It command almost 75% of the after market in Mumbai.

Also priced very reasonably starting from around 3.8k to 5.5k for the top of the line model and meets all your requirements.

Viper
Old 2nd April 2007, 10:35   #4

Thanks Viper/Navin.

Viper, another question for you. Fitting Xenos requires cutting wires etc. or does it plug in as smoothly as Autocop?

Most Viewed