Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 18:13   #61
BHPian

Re: Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City

So Hondu is officially Bhp'd! Now both our cars have the same "Love Cars. Live Cars" stickers

Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City-img_0712.jpg

Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City-img_0711.jpg

Also - Nakul has just uploaded 3rd Part of Hondu's rebuild series. Check it out over here :
kunalsingh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 19:08   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
So Hondu is officially Bhp'd!

Kunal, it seems that the City and iVTEC badges have been placed slightly lower than stock position. Is it due the photo angle or what?

Here's a picture with the actual placement:
Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City-honda-back.jpg

Last edited by self_driven : 4th November 2020 at 19:10.
self_driven is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 19:17   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post

Kunal, it seems that the City and iVTEC badges have been placed slightly lower than stock position. Is it due the photo angle or what?
Great observation! Only Bhpians can possess this level of attention to detail

The badges have indeed been placed lower than stock position, since these are an aftermarket set and do not have the same quality or adhesion as the originals (which I'm holding on to for memory; also notice that I got a trim update from S to V). We decided to place them slightly lower down where the body line was less curved to ensure better surface adhesion.
kunalsingh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 10:20   #64
BHPian

Quote:
:

This marks the end of the extensive write-up.
Amazing work, Kunal! Love the attention to detail and how you've covered every part of the work done.

I own a Honda Amaze and have spent some good amount of money on making sure the suspension is doing a much better job than its intended to. I'm running on Yoko Earth 1s as well. All in all, I'm loving the reliability (touchwood). Not a fan of the cost cutting done by using cheap quality parts and the cars petrol drinking habits (automatic combined with Bangalore traffic) but then the car is a pleasure to drive.

All the best to you and Hondu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drive1987 View Post
This is fantastic boys!

Anyone here know about any garage in Bangalore who provides clean and professional service like this?

Cheers!
-Arun
Hey Arun,
Why don't you check out Bay6 Motorworks (lots of reviews on the TBHP directory).
Sreesh1009 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 10:48   #65
BHPian

My dad's Honda City iVtec 08 model just completed 60k and I was planning to give it a complete makeover as the resale value was disappointing. Just the right time this thread came in and looks like will act as a perfect guide for me. The car looks amazing post repaint. Wishing you happy miles ahead.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th November 2020 at 07:51. Reason: Space after punctuations.
Artyom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 13:03   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Amazing work, Kunal! Love the attention to detail and how you've covered every part of the work done.

I own a Honda Amaze and have spent some good amount of money on making sure the suspension is doing a much better job than its intended to. I'm running on Yoko Earth 1s as well. All in all, I'm loving the reliability (touchwood). Not a fan of the cost cutting done by using cheap quality parts and the cars petrol drinking habits (automatic combined with Bangalore traffic) but then the car is a pleasure to drive.

All the best to you and Hondu.
Thanks for the kind words, Sreesh. Yes, Honda does leave a lot to be desired in the suspension department. Cost cutting is also quite evident in some areas but the engines are extremely reliable and a pleasure to drive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
My dad's Honda City iVtec 08 model just completed 60k and I was planning to give it a complete makeover as the resale value was disappointing. Just the right time this thread came in and looks like will act as a perfect guide for me. The car looks amazing post repaint. Wishing you happy miles ahead.
Thanks Artyom! Good luck for the makeover, do reach out if you need any help.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 6th November 2020 at 07:52. Reason: Quoted post edited.
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 18:54   #67
BHPian

Great restoration! Car looks amazing after the restoration.
Good to see your passion towards Hondu and Nakul did a fantastic job.

Nice write up with attention to detail.

This particular generation of Honda City looks classic.
I also own a 2010 Honda City, done about 120k and going great.
jeygani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2020, 19:36   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeygani View Post
Great restoration! Car looks amazing after the restoration.
Good to see your passion towards Hondu and Nakul did a fantastic job. Nice write up with attention to detail.

This particular generation of Honda City looks classic. I also own a 2010 Honda City, done about 120k and going great.
Thanks Jeygani. I do agree, the Type 5 City looks great even today. Only the Type 2 (Vtec) can beat it in looks IMO
Old 5th November 2020, 23:30   #69
BHPian

Utterly beautiful thread Kunal! I am the gaurdian of my mother's 9 year old i10 for which I have been planning a replacement. It is driven in narrow urban village roads and has a sore left side due to all the scratches, dents, etc. I love the car though. It is mechanically sound with only 30k kms on the odometer. So definitely don't want to give it off for cheap.

Looking at your thread, I feel confident that a revival is on the cards in the next few years similar to your own beloved car!
Parishrut is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 07:48   #70
BHPian

I am guessing Kashi bhaiya is self taught, even otherwise the level of expertise some of these mechanics have, OEM service centers should pay an arm and a leg to attract and retain such talent.
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 13:30   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishrut View Post
Utterly beautiful thread Kunal! I am the gaurdian of my mother's 9 year old i10 for which I have been planning a replacement. It is driven in narrow urban village roads and has a sore left side due to all the scratches, dents, etc. I love the car though. It is mechanically sound with only 30k kms on the odometer. So definitely don't want to give it off for cheap.

Looking at your thread, I feel confident that a revival is on the cards in the next few years similar to your own beloved car!
Thanks for the lovely message, Parishat. Sure makes sense to give your i10 a nice makeover. A nice paint job with all the scratches and dents removed will give it a fresh look!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
I am guessing Kashi bhaiya is self taught, even otherwise the level of expertise some of these mechanics have, OEM service centers should pay an arm and a leg to attract and retain such talent.

Hi Stribog, he's actually a trained technician having worked for A.S.S's before joining GAI. In fact the whole work force at GAI has at least a few years of technical experience working at authorised service centres (Toyota, Hyundai, Tata, Chevy mostly). The owner Mr. Sanjeev and the manager, Mr. Manoj make it a point to hire trained worker as most of their clientele consists of owners of complex german machines.
Old 7th November 2020, 11:48   #72
BHPian

Greetings dear esteemed members!

This is a help post - I've been trying to get these 3 specific spares for Hondu :

Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City-screen-shot-20201107-11.34.43-am.png

However, it just seems impossible to source these from anywhere. I have ordered (and canceled) them twice on Boodmo after facing multiple delays with no updates on dispatch date. Tried Autokartz.com but they have been abolutely horrible to deal with (my refund is stuck since 12th October 2020).

I also tried with local spares dealers but to no avail. I'll be contacting Mr. Arun of Metro Spares one more time to see if he can at least arrange for one of the items. It does not help matters that Honda doesn't do over the counter sales of its spares. Can anyone help me arrange these spares for Hondu? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1. ADAPTER ASSY., FUEL FILLER
Part Number - 74480-TM0-T01 (74480TM0T01 ; without spaces)
Link : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-plate_fuel_t-6914616/

2. RUBBER C, WINDSHIELD DAM
Part Number - 73227-TM0-T00 (73227TM0T00 ; without spaces)
Link : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-73227tm0t00-8934841/

3. ROD UNIT B
Part Number - 76550-TM0-T01 (76550TM0T01 ; without spaces)
Link : https://boodmo.com/catalog/part-rod_unit_b-38630952/

And here are some pictures of the parts that I'm looking for :

Rear windshield rubber beading -

Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City-img_0779.jpg

Fuel filler housing (this is made out of a thin rubber membrane which has cracked due to age) -

Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City-img_0781.jpg

Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City-img_0782.jpg
Old 7th November 2020, 12:17   #73
BHPian

Quote:
It does not help matters that Honda doesn't do over the counter sales of its spares.
I don't know if you have already tried sourcing from Honda, but if you haven't, then please try, you may be able to get.

This thread may help -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...r-counter.html (How I got Honda to sell me spare parts over-the-counter)
Yakuza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 12:27   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakuza View Post
I don't know if you have already tried sourcing from Honda, but if you haven't, then please try, you may be able to get.
Thanks, Yakuza. That will be my last resort. However, my past experience with all the Honda dealerships around me has been so pathetic that I dread to even think of the amount of struggle I'll have to go through to have them order the parts for me.
Old 10th November 2020, 00:26   #75
BHPian

Oh, how life takes a full turn sometimes. I was just going through my notepad and stumbled upon this old page - this is from July (around my birthday) when I was trying to compare the new Honda City VX with the Seltos HTK+ for our new car purchase

Hondu: Restoring my 3rd-gen '09 Honda City-img_0809.jpg

I'm so glad that I decided against buying a new car and made the decision to restore Hondu instead. These past few months have been so much fun and I feel like I have learned and understand my car a lot better now. I have also formed a special bond with it

Anyway, Hondu is going strong and is being driven regularly (as I have a lot of miles to catch up on!!). There are some small parts that to be replaced which include the Wiper Motor Rod B (I've already replaced Rod A), Fuel Filler Housing and Rear Windshield Beading. None of these parts are in stock with my usual spare part dealers and I'm not really excited at the prospect of ordering them from Honda A.S.S. directly (any help from BHPians in arranging these parts would be greatly appreciated).

Also, my friend Nakul has uploaded the second last part of Hondu's repair series on his channel. Sharing the link here :
kunalsingh is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks