Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2007, 12:34   #1

Power steering Problem - Ford Flair

Hi Friends need some help ...,

I have a Flair of 2004 make,which is well maintained and has done 19000 kms till date,I started getting some noise from the steering area n so I took the vehicle to the authorised service station.They informed me that problem is with my power steering mechanism called "Rack" n some oil seel of it is leak n for that my power steering fluid level has come down and the oil is getting collected in hood area?.. fine till now , but they say it can't be repaired n has to be replaced which will cost me around 20K,as u can not replace the seal.
I apprached one of the local workshop and he says that it's difficult to repair the seal but still they can do it n will cost me around 10K n with no warranty and will take 3-4 days.
Please suggest some solution to my problem,should i replace the Rack or should i go for seal repair and how much should it cost in Delhi in local workshop and where can i get this done?

vineet
Old 4th April 2007, 14:33   #2
BHPian

Vineet,
With ford its never repair its always replace,
I suggest rather than investing 10K with no gurantee another 10K investment would give you peace of mind with optimal functionality.
Old 4th April 2007, 14:55   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiranpashtakar View Post
Vineet,
With ford its never repair its always replace,
I suggest rather than investing 10K with no gurantee another 10K investment would give you peace of mind with optimal functionality.
yes no point spending money if there is no warranty.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks