Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2007, 20:51   #31

My temperature gauge was absolutely normal and there was no overheating. The only thing was the rough engine noise accompanying the "Check Engine" light.
Guys Did not mention this ...the temperature gauge remained normal through out even when the engine was drinking the oil and spewing white smoke on the other end..... crazy veh digested it all and didn't heat up at all!. Let it cool down between Ratnagiri and Goa was more for ourselves (we had been driving long..say 2 hrs) the veh never became hot and the temp remained normal
Old 19th April 2007, 09:54   #32
BANNED

Thank you for that clarification.

What about the engine noise when the light came on? Was the noise normal or was it rough?
Old 19th April 2007, 22:29   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
Thank you for that clarification.

What about the engine noise when the light came on? Was the noise normal or was it rough?
There was no noise in the engine but I did feel a loss of power somewhat , that too I am saying in retrospect, after I took delivery of the car from mangalore ,I felt it was more powerful some what ,so it is a subjective feeling actually
Old 20th April 2007, 09:48   #34
BANNED

OK, then I think we faced different issues - only similarity being the "Check Engine" light.

My wiring harness was changed and I got the truck back last evening. The engine noise is back to normal. Oh, and the front RHS fog lamp bulb had blown and was replaced (free, of course).
Old 30th April 2007, 11:45   #35
BANNED

An update:

2200 km later, no further issues. The smoke also seems negligible after the wiring harness was changed. Keep the tacho at 2000 rpm in 5th (115 kph) on the highway and the truck returns super FE (~14 kpl).

Second service (10000 km) coming up soon.
Old 30th April 2007, 12:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicorex4x4 View Post
An update:

Keep the tacho at 2000 rpm in 5th (115 kph) on the highway and the truck returns super FE (~14 kpl).
Wow..that is GREAT!! Hope u have a good experience..Love Tatas..The only true blue Indian company!!
Old 30th April 2007, 13:15   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Safaridude, that was one downhill story that came uphill fabulously, keep us all posted how your revamped safari serving you

Happy driving !!!
Old 7th May 2007, 18:54   #38

Things are cool for the time being

Hi guys!

Have been running the truck keeping my fingers crossed with a lot of IDLING both starting time and switching off time. Love the TATAs & the safari of course. have cruising in your Safari to you.

I was desperate when it fell apart but am happy now that its back....the BEAST

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks