Old 8th April 2007, 22:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
More scary stuff, is there some problem with INDIGO guys? OR do I say either
1) Too much of bad roads in BGLR
2) Too much of bad quality control from TATAs

-POGU
Dark_lite and Werfish, what is the mileage on your cars? I am just trying to see if we can have some indication of when the belt *might* fail. Well.. there are hundreds of Indicas running without a problem. So, these may be (hopefully) isolated incidents.
Old 8th April 2007, 23:27   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Dark_lite and Werfish, what is the mileage on your cars? I am just trying to see if we can have some indication of when the belt *might* fail. Well.. there are hundreds of Indicas running without a problem. So, these may be (hopefully) isolated incidents.
Mine is close to 13000,bought it last January.
Old 9th April 2007, 09:45   #18
BHPian

Well, My brother's Indica too makes a little squeking noise in the morning. The service center guys have tried adjusting the tensioner but, the setting stays only for a couple of days. I Just am trying to understand if the problem is bad belts - cause, if that is so, i need to warn my bro to change it as soon as possible.
Old 9th April 2007, 09:53   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The effort is actually very very much, to the extent that the brakes are not really usable unless you drive very slowly.
Have tried this once when I switched off the ignition on a down-slope (I wasn't an enlightened tbhp member then). The car did stop but I had to practically stand on the brake. This was at about 50 Kph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
1) Too much of bad roads in BGLR
2) Too much of bad quality control from TATAs
Both!!!
Old 9th April 2007, 10:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

Talking of Indicas... At our office the metal covering on the drain was bent. When driven on one end, it used rise on the other end. Well, it used make that sound everytime you drove on it. But for two Indicas, it punctured the fuel tank and diesel was all over the floor. No other car ever had any problem. The fuel tank on Indica is a little broad under and does seem to be a little lower than other cars.
Old 9th April 2007, 22:12   #21
BANNED

its done 27500km , bought it last april.
Old 10th April 2007, 00:37   #22
Team-BHP Support

This screeching noise of the belt is something that many cars throw up from time to time. However Indicas seem to be a little more prone to it. After I bought my car it started appearing within a couple of months, early in the morning during cold starts. That had me worried. I asked the mechs to check this out during the 1st service. They did but it returned soon enough. However after I again complained about it and they rectified it this sound has not come back till date.
Old 11th April 2007, 12:22   #23
BHPian

Got the Vehicle repaired,they have changed the Power Steering pulley kit,Power steering oil was topped up.I was not charged anything.
Old 13th April 2007, 14:55   #24
BHPian

It happened with me last summer, while driving on an isolated road in gurgaon at appx 70kmph, i spotted a bull in middle of road near about 100m, tried to slow down only to find pedal too hard.

but luckily distance was sufficient, road was free, i pushed pedal hard+immediately downshifted to 4th & took foot off the clutch+hand brakes & i stopped with in safe distance.

Started the engine again, tried acclerating, pedal would not come soft, so concluded it as booster failure & i was right, my booster was replaced under warranty, but it is very rare failure.

But you do have braking power left, press as hard as you can & use engine braking of diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks