Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2021, 10:28   #91
BHPian

Re: Engine mount breaks on brand-new Kia Sonet

Greetings dear Bhpians,
My apologies for no updates on the scenario. Didn’t seem correct to post half fried information on the forum until all was clear and the root cause of the incident was uncovered. I have heard from both parties, the owner and service folks, and after receiving the car back from the service rather late than the stipulated time of 5-6 days that actually stretched to three weeks here are the findings:

1) The car was being driven at about 60 kmph, brakes are applied well before the big pothole (about 1m in diameter and about 10cm deep roughly) , speed is reduced to 30 kmph approximately and the owner hears a thud followed by a grinding noise, engine stops too.

2)After thoroughly inspecting the car, no damage was found on rims, tyres, suspension or anywhere else on the vehicle. Even the alignment was found right too at a later inspection stage.

3) The services folks agreed on the poor build of the engine mount bracket and was 100% a manufacturing defect, owner was charged nothing and the car hasnow come home

4) The defect was just not acceptable, whilst the sonet was in for repair, me and my friend took a road trip to Rohtak, my i10 doing 40 kmph hits a pothole, rather crater a feet deep and half a meter wide. i10 literally bounced off , triggering bad words out from my friend as a reflex .
commendable it is how nicely it drove after this too,on the highway.

5) Quality issues have started to float around alot about hyundai (paint-peel, brake failure, steering problems and what not). Quite expected from Kia as well being the sister brand of Hyundai. If we think about it, engine mount bracket breaking on a brand new car isn’t as bad as a brake failure anyday.

6) Questions arise, are such issues the new Normal in our Indian auto Industry?

Thanks for your response.
Jai Hind.

Last edited by Slickshift99 : 30th January 2021 at 10:30.
Slickshift99 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks