Maruti launches a compact jump starter for cars-20210204_112540.jpg

Maruti launches a compact jump starter for cars-20210204_112549.jpg

Maruti launches a compact jump starter for cars-20210204_112600.jpg

Maruti launches a compact jump starter for cars-20210204_112832.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 31st July 2021, 18:27   #32
BHPian

Re: Maruti launches a compact jump starter for cars

Although Google serach result shows the orginal link of the item (990J0M999X0-070) MSIL silently removed it while other accesories of the series 990J0M999X0 are available in OEM and 3rd party sites!
Old 1st August 2021, 15:02   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooming Flower View Post
Although Google serach result shows the orginal link of the item (990J0M999X0-070) MSIL silently removed it while other accesories of the series 990J0M999X0 are available in OEM and 3rd party sites!
Opens just fine for me: https://www.marutisuzuki.com/genuine...90j0m999x0-070
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2021, 16:33   #34
BHPian

Yeah! It's working fine today. One more thing I noticed just now. Direct online purchase and delivery was available only to Pune and Hyderabad few days back too. Now it's expanded to many other metro cities. Once, a bhpian from Kolkata was asking me why they don't deliver except Pune while he was trying to purchase an Ignis scale model. The drop-down box lists all of them now. Maybe, the website was being upgraded when I checked that.
Blooming Flower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 19:47   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Never thought this would come in handy so soon: I had bought this jump starter since I love collecting such gadgets. But deep inside I knew this wouldn't be used in near future.

Just now received a distress call from my brother that his Yaris broke down at one of the busiest traffic intersection of the city. His car had broken down right at the traffic signal, causing a huge jam.

Issue: The traffic signal is a long one, and although he had turned off the car, the HL was on and that probably drained the 4 year old battery down. The car being an automatic and in "P" mode, wouldn't budge and come to N.

Trusting Toyota's mechanicals, I prayed and hoped that it was the battery which was the culprit and not something else. Connected the MGA Jump Starter and it came out of P and roared to life immediately and the Traffic constables and everyone took a sigh of relief. Sorry no pics as I was in a hurry and due to the traffic, rains and tense situation, no one cared about it.

My brother had also called road side assistance and we were quoted a decent fortune and 1 hour reporting time to bring that car back to workshop by flatbed. The Jump Starter paid for itself, the car was up and running within 5 minutes. Such a relief.

PS: Thanks to BHPian BlowHornOk for pointing this out, using the key, modes can be changed in case battery drains:

Last edited by Leoshashi : 14th September 2021 at 20:13.
Leoshashi is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:20   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Can this be used as a trickle charger as well, so if battery is not completely drained, and you leave this on will it charge the battery over night. If it does then it will be awesome, as then you don't need a trickle charger, as getting an electric point in basement of apartments is near impossible.

If I do get a dead battery and not in rush I can always leave this attached for it to charge the car overnight or use it for general battery maintenance.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 10:38   #37
Senior - BHPian

i tried buying this from the maruti suzuki site, but kept getting an error that i do not have a shipping address. Tried poking around with updating profile etc. but no luck. Finally gave up and bought it from boodmo - they have the same price anyway. Hopefully this is better than the no name stuff available on Amazon
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 18:58   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
[b]
My brother had also called road side assistance and we were quoted a decent fortune and 1 hour reporting time to bring that car back to workshop by flatbed. The Jump Starter paid for itself, the car was up and running within 5 minutes. Such a relief.
Most of the insurance offers free jump start in case of battery issues (although time required may be longer). Just a point to keep in mind.
CarJunki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 05:49   #39
BHPian

I have been using a similar chinese product for ~3 years now. Have jump started a lot of cars when the batteries died due to the cars not being in regular use, including the 8th gen civic, verna 1.6CRDI and even our 20kw diesel genset when the starter battery died ( still needs some juice from the starter battery - can't start the genset on it's own ) when the summers started and it hadn't been serviced. This is one of the best products I ever bought on aliexpress. I am sure Maruti's product quality would be as good or better than the noname powerbank I got from aliexpress.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 19:53   #40

To those who have been using Maruti's compact jump starter, a few questions please -

1. If used as a regular power bank, does this support fast charging of phones? (Ie., if you charge your phone from this, will you get fast charging)?

2. Being a Maruti Genuine Accessory, does it work reliably with all of Maruti's cars?

3. Has anyone ever had any negative experience with this?
Bharat Varma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2022, 23:34   #41
Senior - BHPian

My indica died at the car wash my workshop had taken out to, and when I tried to jump start it there, it wouldn't work. The workshop guy came with a much bigger jump starter and was able to get my car running at first crank.

If you have a diesel, don't trust maruti's claims. This thing may leave you stranded

To the above post, it does 'fast' charging - 5v 2.4a which is not particular fast. Most of the nicer phones today use usb pd (Google, apple, Samsung) or Qualcomm quick charge(most mid range Chinese phones) which this does not support.

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st March 2022 at 23:36.
greenhorn is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 07:53   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
My indica died at the car wash my workshop had taken out to, and when I tried to jump start it there, it wouldn't work. The workshop guy came with a much bigger jump starter and was able to get my car running at first crank.

If you have a diesel, don't trust maruti's claims. This thing may leave you stranded
Thanks for your review, I had this doubt. While it worked flawlessly for one Ertiga 1.5 diesel, it failed to revive a BMW X3 Diesel, which eventually had to be jump started the conventional way using cables. The dimensions and specs suggested just that, it may not be sufficient for larger diesels. Hope your starter was fully charged when you attempted to revive your Indica.
Old 22nd March 2022, 23:05   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Hope your starter was fully charged when you attempted to revive your Indica.
I had not checked that before starting. I had charged it two weeks before, so assumed charge would be there. I checked Immediately after the failed start and saw 3/4 dots. Subsequent attempts to start had the same result.

The Starter did not even attempt to crank, so I assumed something else was wrong until the Workshop guy showed up with a giant Noco brand jump starter they had bought from the US which cranked my car right away.

Update - Seems noco is available in india https://www.industrybuying.com/brands/noco/
Update 2: Contacted Noco support who said that the only reseller they are aware of in india is Air90 https://air90.com/search?q=noco

I'll let someone else be the guinea pig this time

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd March 2022 at 23:22.
greenhorn is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2024, 20:20   #44
BHPian

Have been searching for a jump starter since my Tata has decided to leak current and the service center has given up on it. Looking at the following
  • Maruti jump starter - 5k : can't seem to find this online definitely not on the Maruti site and Amazon. Can someone guide me how to get this
  • 70mai - 7k : top rated on Amazon, seems to be able to do multiple starts on one charge. the only downside is the price
    https://amzn.eu/d/1PDQKwx
  • Ambrane jump starter - 5k : not a lot of reviews on Amazon and even the ones that are there say that it gives barely 2-3 jumps per charge.
    https://amzn.eu/d/8rb9MTy

For the people who've purchased this what would you reccomend.

Most Viewed