Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2021, 17:00   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

Just received this lip service email from GM, and was curious to know how the scene on the ground is? Are you guys able to get your cars serviced? How is the spare part availability?

Quote:
Chevrolet Re-affirms its Commitment to Supporting Customers in India

Chevrolet India is committed to provide after-sales services and spare parts support to Chevrolet customers in India throughout 2021 and beyond
Authorized Chevrolet aftersales network spans PAN India, with presence in 142 cities, including 165 service workshops and 20 parts distributors

New Delhi, 07th January 2021: Chevrolet India reaffirmed its commitment today towards Chevrolet customers in India, to continue to provide aftersales support through 2021 and beyond. A strong network of Authorized Service Operations and Authorized Parts Distributors is delivering customer support pan-India across 142 cities, ranging from Srinagar to Andaman in the North and from Imphal to Surat in the West.

The Parts Distribution Centre in Talegaon ensures that parts are seamlessly delivered to the Chevrolet network across India. At the same time the Chevrolet service network is supported by a robust Technical Support Team along with the Field Team.

Markus Sternberg, Vice President- Commercial Operations Chevrolet India, said, “At Chevrolet, we believe our customers remain at the center of everything we do which is well reflected by our strong after sales network and assured commitment to provide services and offers to ensure their Chevrolet vehicle is serviced and maintained well.”

“Furthermore, we will continue to provide parts through our channel partners and honor all our commitments to customers in India throughout 2021 and beyond.", he adds.

The company’s highly successful 2020 Chevrolet Mega Service Camps, the industry first “Zero Labor Camp”, and regional camps will be continued in 2021. These events provide an opportunity for the customers to enjoy the professional maintenance and repair services at very attractive discounts.

For more details on the services and offers visit www.chevrolet.co.in or contact customer care helpline on 1800-208-8080.
GTO is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:09   #2
BHPian

Re: Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

2021 marks the 11th year of ownership of our Beat LT(O). Our car has covered 56,xxx km till date and there has been no major issue till date. The only issue I can recall was a fuel injector failure 1.5-2yrs ago. Out of the 4 fuel injectors, 2 of them were replaced and the other 2 were cleaned thoroughly and installed back as they had a lot of life left in them.

We never had any complaint with Chevrolet service after the closure of the company. I have read a lot of negative reviews about the service and some owners selling their vehicles because of the same. I am not paid by Chevrolet to spread positivity, but the service offered by them is as good as it used to be when they were still operating in the country. The Hafeezpet service center(APT Auto, if anyone who's reading this is from Hyderabad) is doing an excellent job of servicing the vehicles. Special mention to Mr.John at APT Auto, Hafeezpet.

Regarding parts, most of the essential parts are always in stock(air filter, oil filter, wiper blades) and if they aren't in stock, the service center places an order and the parts do arrive on time. Our Beat was in the service center for 2 weeks IIRC when it had that fuel injector failure, which is pretty ok with regard to the waiting time for a part IMHO. The last time I visited the service center with my dad for a general service, I saw a fresh set of front bumpers for the 2010-2013 Beat arrive at the service center. There were approximately 7-10 bumpers in the package.

Our car's front power windows retract the windows a bit slow when compared to normal, but we haven't placed an order for new window beadings( window beadings needed to be replaced) but we are managing with grease spray, as it gets the job done. I really don't understand why there is a lot of negativity with regard to the service offered by them. I would once again like to mention that Chevrolet has not paid me in any manner to spread positivity regarding the service centres.

Last edited by Eddy : 7th January 2021 at 18:20. Reason: Spacing for better readability
saikishor is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?

I am happy with all spares till date for my 2010 Beat petrol here in Delhi. In 2020 I had changed Cooling coil, Compressor, Condenser, Water Pump housing, related plumbing, Oil pressure switch, etc.

Fingers tightly crossed for my next service.

Cheers!

Last edited by myavu : 7th January 2021 at 18:20.
myavu is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:22   #4
BANNED

BHPian intercooled senior has Chevrolet Beat, no issues so far with parts availability. Most of regular consumables are available, critical parts take a week maximum.

The authorized parts distributor is same for Chevrolet and Hyundai so the place is full always and overall a pretty popular distributor in Secunderabad/Hyderabad.
a4anurag is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 18:44   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a November 2012 Spark Facelift 1.0 LT and I am myself quite surprised to admit that the after sales response has been great by Chevrolet. The local dealer here personally called my grandfather (the actual owner of the car) and assured him that spares and service wouldn't be impacted one bit after Chevy decided to chicken out of the market.

I genuinely thought this was all hogwash until I checked with my grandfather around October, 2020 when I was to take the car home with me and keep it. All services have been done at Chevrolet till date. Pickup and drop is also available (dealers usually make a fuss about this). And he didn't have a single thing to say against the service centre which is quite an achievement considering how finicky he is about costs.

I sent the car over to the service centre myself once for an air con issue and occasional misfiring. Although they did a fairly good job, the only thing they didn't quite diagnose correctly was the air con. They said a cooling coil replacement would be required while a simple gas top up did the job. Cars like the Cruze and Trailblazer will have to bear the brunt of expensive imported parts especially when it comes to unscheduled servicing. Localised ones like the Spark aren't facing much of an issue.

All in all, I would say their A.S.S is as good as it was when they were here, though resale and brand value are things which are best not discussed about due to obvious reasons.

Chevrolet owners, how is the spare parts availability & service since GM left India?-img_20200824_165550.jpg

Last edited by vishy76 : 7th January 2021 at 18:45.
vishy76 is offline   (29) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 19:02   #6
BHPian

My neighbour had sold his old Alto 2 years back to get a pre-owned 2011 Cruze LT for around 3 lacs. He spent around 50% of the purchase price in maintenance over the next few days, which involved a suspension overhaul and a clutch change, before exchanging it last quarter, with a pre-owned Eon (yes, Eon from Cruze).
Apart from prices of spares, he was very happy with the Cruze. Parts were readily available and the turn-around time was also great. Overall, a pleasant experience as per him. He had used and serviced the car in a city (Bhubaneswar, Odisha), so that could be a factor also.

Last edited by Researcher : 7th January 2021 at 19:03.
Researcher is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 19:13   #7
BHPian

We have to give it to GM at least on this front. Parts availability has not been a concern so far, at least in NCR. Gurgaon alone has 2 authorized service centers (which is one more than what we used to have when GM was still selling cars).
Quality of service though is not good. Every time you visit the service center, they will give you a list of parts that need replacement, apparently none can be serviced and only replacement is the solution.

My 2010 Beat itself was a largely fuss free ownership, never gave any issue with engine, gearbox, transmission. But smaller niggles were accumulating esp due to lockdown and minimal usage of an already old car, so I exchanged it for a new car this December.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 11:56   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks all! I must eat my words - guess the email isn't lip service, and GM has actually taken care of its customers. I know of some currently sold cars whose spare parts aren't easily available, so am very pleasantly surprised to read the comments above .
GTO is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:28   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks all! I must eat my words - guess the email isn't lip service, and GM has actually taken care of its customers. I know of some currently sold cars whose spare parts aren't easily available, so am very pleasantly surprised to read the comments above .
I guess it has also to do with the general quality of most essential parts in GM cars - Engine & transmission. You don't expect much in terms of minor niggles when the company itself has folded out of India, you live with those as long as there is no issue with the basic parts. Indeed, the reliability of engines from American car makers is quite good - be it GM or Ford.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:44   #10
BHPian

I own a 2013 made Chevrolet Sail which has clocked around 72000KM on the ODO. Over the last 8 years haven't seen any major parts failure. While the routine parts are available at the service centers, for other parts they have a lead time.

Since last two years I have switched to FNG as the car has required mostly the routine oil/filter changes only. The vehicle is still going strong and infact, I have pumped it up with HID Xenon lamps and an Android Head Unit. I intend to keep the vehicle as long as I can (15 years it being Mumbai registered).

Last edited by Aditya : 8th January 2021 at 22:37. Reason: Typos
geekyengineer is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 12:57   #11
Team-BHP Support

Due to Covid, I have been delaying the service of my 85k run 2013 Sail U/VA.

The dealership keeps calling me all the time to come and get it serviced.

Have not had any issues with the car so far.
The rear seat belt tensioner is jammed. This is the only complaint that needs to be attended.

Its a lovely car and have been completely hassle free. To be honest, if Chevy comes back to India, I might prefer buying my car from them again.
bblost is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 13:52   #12
Senior - BHPian

I have a June-14 bought Sail UVA diesel, done about 1,65,000Kms till date. Most of the service journey is recorded in my thread (see under my name).

I am not a showroom guy or a authorized service center guy, I 'feel' they are over priced and follow the rule book even for a 5 minute job. But spares wise BOODMO app/website has really stocked GM parts. I have only tried OEM Genuine spares on a few critical components like clutch plate and front Struts and rear coil springs. EDIT - add OEM parts for timing chain replacement also was done at 1 Lac Kms.

But for all brake jobs, filters, TRE, many many smaller spares I just buy either well known or lesser known Delhi/Punjab made spares and drive them like no tomorrow.

Last edited by svsantosh : 8th January 2021 at 13:59.
svsantosh is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 14:51   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
To be honest, if Chevy comes back to India, I might prefer buying my car from them again.
I echo your sentiments. Infact the Mumbai pre worshipped car market is right now flooded with a lot of Beat that are up for sale. I am too tempted to pickup one for wife as she wants to learn driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I have a June-14 bought Sail UVA diesel, done about 1,65,000Kms till date. Most of the service journey is recorded in my thread (see under my name).

Yes, I have read the full thread a number times and infact follow the same principle with FNG. Your way of maintaining the car is just awesome!
geekyengineer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 22:04   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Any Cruze or Captiva owners in the Forum, would love to hear your feedback on parts.

Glad to see Chevrolet take care of the mass market cars.
dhanushs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2021, 01:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

I also own a 2011 Beat and have been getting the car serviced from the FNG for a few years now. I agree with what has been posted so far, parts availability and pricing has been decent so far although I haven't replaced any major parts so far other than the ignition coil in 2018, some component from the alternator as well as water pump in 2019. No idea about availability of body panels and major engine and gearbox components but I guess they can be sourced in Mumbai atleast. Cost of spares is between Maruti and Hyundai according to my FNG.
Currently getting some patchwork and painting done due to some rusting issues but again it's not as bad as our Swift Diesel which is of similar vintage. Rusting has always been a problem with all our cars because we are right on the seaside so I can't say it's a problem exclusive to Chevrolet.
The interiors have held up really well too
Mortis is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks